Symplicity Corporation Reviews

1. UX Designer/Developer

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Symplicity Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Multiple projects Different new technologies helpful coworkers and relaxing atmosphere

Cons

Low efficiency of project process

Advice to Management

Let employees focus on one project instead of multi-task improve the efficiency of management

Company changed for the worse

Current Employee - Tech Staff in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Tech Staff in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Symplicity Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A few long-term employees who still care Casual work environment

Cons

New management has implemented policies that have been very detrimental to employee morale and that actively prevent optimum productivity.

Advice to Management

Stop making unilateral decisions in a vacuum.

3. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Symplicity Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Somewhat flexible hours - Awesome management who genuinely wants you to be successful - Actually felt like a part of the company and not just another cog in the machine - Able to work from home - Able to work remotely after a year or two of employment - Great location, just a 5 minute walk to get to DC, metro accessible - They are trying really hard to make it a great fun place to work - Literally no one on the sales team is your typical "salesy scumbag", everyone is super wonderful - Free snacks in the kitchen

Cons

I only left the company because I was moving, and I personally don't have a deep passion for software sales, but Symplicity makes working so enjoyable that I didn't mind that I wasn't exactly working in my dream career field.

Advice to Management

Just got a new CEO in May, but haven't had any negative interactions with him. In fact, received a raise after the new CEO started, so he gets two thumbs up from me. Sales Manager is also super knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. My only advice would be to have more company events, but I think they're working on that, so truly no complaints!

5. There's no connection with your manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Symplicity Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff overall, all hardworking and genuinely nice people. Teammates couldn't have been nicer and enjoyable to work with. Interesting projects and technologies in use. The company is doing a great thing for higher education.

Cons

Management really is disconnected from what's going on with the teammembers. A year after I started he asked if I knew how to do MSEs because he was not clued in to what we were doing. Now laid me off saying I wasn't checking in with him enough. Everyone else is reeling because I was really helpful with my teammates and everyone else at symp. I responded to tickets efficiently and correctly. I loved doing that and seeing the impact I had on people in the company. Management didn't see that and laid me off based on their own concerns rather than based on actual contributions. I even mentioned this and my boss said that we could focus on the positives all day but things still couldn't go on. Huh? He was completely inflexible and left many people high and dry by laying me off due to his own agenda. It is extremely disappointing to me and everyone else. As if that isn't enough, HR gives laid off people a double wammy by telling coworkers they can't give personal recommendations. Not sure this is legal! Symplicity really let me down and I definitely don't feel like I was "a part of the family" so to speak.

Advice to Management

Management really needs to be connected with their own team rather than being in their own world. Try seeing what your teammates are working on, contributing to and doing beyond the high level task lists. Everyone in the team gets emails about the tickets we work on, so this really isn't that hard to do if you try. There's too much of a communication silo between the team and management.

6. Mobile Developer

Current Employee - Mobile Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Mobile Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Symplicity Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Flexible environment 2. Awesome Product manager, u ll feel like working in the mobile team is always so inspiring. 3. A lot exciting project to be done, you will never get boring 4. Team are so friendly, always willing to help and learn from each other 5. Young and energetic company. 6. Remote work 7. Manager like to encourage to express your own idea

Cons

1. Vacation days is less than the other company 2. Work time to 6 p.m. which means it will be late for any after time activity. 3. Health insurance is not cheap. 4. You need pay parking for yourself.

7. Great Job for the Short Term

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Symplicity Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Laid-back environment *Get to play with a variety of technology *Young employee culture (generally) *Traditional benefits

Cons

*Subpar pay *CEO micromanages and makes knee-jerk decisions/reactions *Mid-level management (what exists of it) sucks at managing *Dead-end job. Don't expect promotions; expect the same job title/pay for years to come *HR is a joke; they can't even crank out the monthly newsletter

Advice to Management

*Listen to your employees; they have their ear to the ground and their suggestions can benefit all *Improve the structure/competency of mid-level management *Reduce the turnover rate - it's embarrassing and a burden on the company (time/energy/money)

8. Good Company

I have been working at Symplicity Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Training is good. - Few projects keeps you engrossed in work - Can work from home

Cons

- Low salary - Less number of holidays

9. Good environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer Junior in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Junior in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Symplicity Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxing environment, not much pressure. Not work under tight supervision, friendly manager. Can be flexible with hours depending on individuals' needs. Opportunity to work remotely. Free snacks.

Cons

Not really high salary. Not likely to be able to work with different projects/technologies.

10. Great place for the people who loves to face challenges, learn and grow everyday.

I have been working at Symplicity Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Pace of learning is very high - Definitely for the people who love to keep themselves busy - Wonderful work environment - Great team - Company works on different interesting projects

Cons

- Company does not provide any parking. - You can not carry not more than 3 days of vacation to next year. - Work Time M-F 9-6. That means you will not have any time for your self after work.

Advice to Management

Company should compensate some portion of the parking for their employees. This will definitely make employees happy. Vacation plan should be change. Employee should be allow to carry at least 5 days for their Vacation every year for two years.

Good Starting Place

Current Employee - Some Department in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Some Department in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Symplicity Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly teammates who love to help you grow and are always willing to help. Lots of opportunity to play with new toys and technologies with tasks constantly pushing you to learn new things. Casual workplace with remote work opportunities. Nice location with a easy commute to DC on the weekends.

Cons

The teams are disorganized. There are no regular meetings and since so many employees often work remote it's hard to stay on the same page as to what all teammates are doing. In addition the great number of remote employees introduces so many variables that troubleshooting technological issues is a nightmare. There's no true sense of being a part of a team since while officially you're supposed to come into the office at least part of every week, most employees, even those who live locally, opt to never come into the office unless they have to. Pay is lower than what it should be given the cost of living in this area.

Advice to Management

Enforce local employees coming into the office at least half of each week so that employee morale and collaboration is boosted. Doing so is likely to help boost productivity as well as reduce the chance that employees leave this company to work somewhere else with a more collaborative environment.

RSS Feed </> Embed