SynQor Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Martin F. Schlecht

1. Exceptional company given the economic cliamate.

Current Employee - Electrical Technician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Electrical Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SynQor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MIT Graduates are pros.. Engineering staff is well equipped mathematically and Cordial... They meet the customers needs.. They do not have board of directors nor a board of inverters which profits are not nebulously given to people with rational demands. Self determined: means that profits go to those in the company that earn, also they can take steps immediately to deal with environmental, social, and technological needs.

Cons

i will have to keep looking.

Advice to Management

Do not take the flack these reviewers are giving. Consentrate and excentuate what is positive. Second again ask for people opinion as they exit. If valid take steps that help Synqor.

2. Arrogance, nepotism, and horrible treatment of employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

I worked at SynQor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The majority of lower level employees working there were nice and helpful. Many employees have managed to forge some sort of workplace culture in spite of the conditions

Cons

I wanted to run my car off the road every morning that I had to drive there. Non-existent training. Expect very long hours without the compensation to match. Management is largely composed of friends and relatives of the owner; nepotism is rampant, and rumors abound of affairs between executives and managers. Executives go to great lengths to assert their superiority and treat lower employees like garbage. Their "flat" management style just means that there is no clear direction for employees, despite having to answer to multiple bosses. But don't call them bosses!

Advice to Management

You will get more out of employees if you treat them better.

3. My experience at SynQor has not fulfilled my wants for a job. The pay is good, but the treatment by executives is not.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SynQor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, allowed to work from home frequently, comprehensive medical insurance, highly innovative in their field of operations

Cons

Poor treatment by executives, not as much say in the company as I would have hoped for as a manager of sales, dental insurance is very limited which is a problem with kids

Advice to Management

Treat your employees more fairly and as equals.

5. No Work Life Balance and Lack of Communication with Management

I worked at SynQor

Pros

Good Benefits, and employees are friendly. Location is very close to 495 and commutable. Some managers are great mentors, others are not at all.

Cons

Upper Management lacks communication skills, no opportunity for advancement unless you are related to upper management. No work life balance, managers require you to be there for 10+ hours a day.

Advice to Management

Work on work life balance and opportunities for advancement. There is no direction for employees once they have been in their role for 1 year to 18 months. Job becomes stagnent.

RSS Feed </> Embed