Synapse Design Automation

Satish Bagalkotkar

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

good company

Senior Physical Design Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThis company is growing very rapidly and there are many jobs that you can join. Also you will learn many design flow along with customer.

ConsSometimes, you might have odd interview by customer.

it is a good company to work

Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prossynapse design automation is strong in providing backend implementation services and sponsers h1b for employees who have good technical skills

Conslimited in frontend design and verification jobs

Very bad experience

Staff Verification Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsI can not really think of many pros, except that the lady at the front desk was nice. Also, it was close to where I live, which was nice for me, but not for employees who live in other places.

ConsI have never been under so much pressure at a company from the first day which I worked there. They sent me to the customer in Texas on my third day there. On the night before going to that customer the first time, I was yelled at just for wanting to go back to the airport to pick up our supervisor as he had told us to do. We never knew when we would have to put our lives on hold to go back to Texas; they would only give us a few days advance notice if though there was no immediate need for us to go there. Instructions for us were often vague, and sometimes contradictory, but afterwards they were very upset that what they got was not exactly what they wanted. I had to revise one Verilog model about half a dozen times. After only about two months, they let me go without being specific as to the reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management solution at Synapse was usually to schedule more meetings. This resulted in more irritation, interruptions, and lost productivity. One or two meetings a week are necessary, but four or five a week is excessive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worth to take a try

Senior STA Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI worked for a large size company for 9 years. Last year when I looked for job, I got very quick response from Synapse. This is the first time I heard about this design business model, and I thought it may worth something for me to take a try on it.
    For the passed one year, I think I am much more happy compare to the previous LARGE company. I have a feeling of "I can do the things I really like", hence I can feel the big passions when I work. I am happy everyday when I go to work.

The indicator of my passion are: I published two tech papers in major Tech Conferences within this one year. The management team here are great supporter and inspirator.

Because this company is on design service business, it should be a good try for both un-experienced and experienced design engineers.

ConsNeed more vacation time, and sick leaves.

Senior Physical Design Engineer

Senior Physical Design Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsBeing a part of solving leading technology challenges.
    Developing new flows, where your input matters.
    Keeping up to date with all CAD tool sets. (Cadence, Synopsys, Mentor etc...)
    No politics to render the job at hand..
    Participating in the schedule being driven by the customer.
    Many opportunities for advancement and/or engineering growth.
    Colleges are team players and works well together.
    Opportunities to work with many different engineering personnel..
    Build customer relations with multiple companies.
    Great benefits, bonuses, and team building events
    401K plan
    Stock options

ConsMeetings could be scheduled with more advanced notice,
    More information shared with others about upcoming projects,
    and current projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssign a team player, as the project lead, to conduct working meetings,
    with other members of the project, to get assistance when needed.
    Keeping everyone up to date with all changes and requirements.
    With updated versions of the tool sets and the challenging technologies,
    not one person on the team can know it all, but together it can be done.
    This creates good communication between team players.

Synapse Design - A growing company in san Jose, CA

DFT (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI have been with Synapse Design for over a year now, and have been enjoying
    from both technical and people aspects. I used to work at big companies before,
    and this is my first small company that made my eyes open.

We have caring and attentive management team (both middle and upper)
    who has open ears, and always there to help.
    They are flexible, and caring I found out.

We have quite experienced and sharp technical engineering team,
    (front-end, verification, dft, and Physical Design, of course)
    who's mission is always customer success.

We have helping support staff, who makes our days always bright.

I am having great time here.

Consvacation time seems to be too short ?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, and Thank You

Perfect Design Services Company to Work

Technical Lead (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsIf you want to work with latest Technologies - this is the company to work
    If you want to build your career - this is the company to work
    If you want to make new contacts in the Industry - this is the company to work
    If you want to make money - this is the company to work
    If you want to travel around the work - this is the company to work
    If you want to get Salary every 15 days without any issues - this is the company to work
    If you want to forget about layoffs in bad times - this is the company to work
    If you want a balanced work life and family life - this is the company to work

Overall I am very happy with Synapse. I wouldnt be with Synapse this long if i am not happy with them.

ConsNot that any, I am aware of

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing. It is always a open door communication with Management and personally, i would prefer that and happy with that.

Design your own work environment

Physical Design Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsYou will not be stuck, there are lot of expertise in Synapse, and management will make sure that you avail them when needed. Another reason that motivates me which I think specially for us women best suits is the flexibility of working both from office and workplace.

ConsSometime there are tremendous pressure that we need to handle to make tape-out in time. But the good part is you are not the only one. Whole team is working with you.

One of the best VLSI design services company to work

Physical Design Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsOne of the best design services company to work, Friendly work environment, Global presence and Reliable company to work

ConsAprisal system can be periodic otherwise nothing much to say

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

A year full of tapeout activities and not a dull moment.

Physical Design Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsYou can be a contractor or employee. Variety of projects available to choose from. Both on-site who prefer and others can be placed off-site. This company can find the job or project for you!

ConsMay have to face difficult customers and schedules. But management is supportive and with you. You can sharpen your skills by handling it right!

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow the company to become a great acquisition target! Gives a chance for employees to make it big.

Worked for Synapse Design Automation? Contribute to the Community!