Synaptic Advisory Partners

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
4.9

Tom Boosinger

I love working here! Great Team atmosphere!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is exciting to work for, and be a part of, a growing company. It is also nice to work in the fast growing areas of Salesforce and healthcare technology. I feel like I really get to participate and be a part of a collaborative team. Synaptic has a "flat" management structure and I don't have to worry about with politics or red tape here. Being located in Annapolis is also a plus as there isn't any traffic to get to work.

Cons

Because we are growing, things do change often and employees need to wear multiple hats. We have a lot of infrastructure in place but you sometimes still need to just figure out how to do something on your own. I like these challenges but it isn't for everyone.

Keep up the good work but increase communication with employees.

Great people, excellent atmosphere

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a delivery consultant, I love the collaborative environment. I constantly communicate with the rest of the team on novel solutions and problems I need perspective on. Synaptic has a focus on healthcare and medical industry, but the variety of customers and solutions is invigorating.

Cons

As a smaller, entrepreneurial company, there are definitely times when we are called on to take care of things outside of our "standard job description". I think this is a reflection of our group dynamic; we are all committed to the success of Synaptic as a whole.

Great company with tremendous opportunity

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities at the company for people who want to make an impact in the industry. Management encourages team members to engage in everything from product development to marketing. Opinions are valued and ideas are shared. Also, we are encouraged and challenged to do the next "great" thing. It is truly a place of growth! And, there is a great respect for work/life balance. some companies say that but this company lives it.

Cons

As a growing company there is constant evolution. Some folks might find this intimidating, but I find it refreshing because there are always new challenges to solve.

Continue to engage your teams to find those growth opportunities.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Has a diverse client base that are great to work with. Considers the fit of a client with employees before accepting a deal.

Spends a lot of time with new employees explaining the delivery process and goals of projects.

Cons

Benefits could be more competitive with other companies in the area. It's a small company right now and the benefits reflect that. To stay relevant and to pull people from larger companies, the benefits package will need to be stronger.

Salesforce developer

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rapidly growing botique company that allows for rapid advancement and welcomes lots of feedback. Management makes it easy to have your ideas heard. Projects are interesting and all the clients have been easy to work with. Great team environment and everyone is very supportive.

Cons

main office location is suburban but there's still decent lunch options

continue to foster your employees growth

Onboarding and training process has been top-notch, high energy company with a bright horizon.

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Innovative, dynamic company that has built a great team-first culture. Synaptic is focused on client solutions and is delivering great outcomes to our clients. As a relatively new employee, the onboarding and training process has been first in class, and the entire team has contributed to this process to ensure a smooth transition for me. Excited about the work ahead of us.

Cons

No cons at the time.

The focus on training, development, and onboarding new team members is rare and will pay great dividends in the future.

Salesforce (wannabe) Guru

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is a lot of room to grow in this company especially as the Saleforce industry continues to boom. I started in an administrative position but am slowly moving into more of a developer role. Synaptic offers Salesforce training reminbursement to employees which has made this process a lot easier. They also offer a Salesforce Developer Course which is free to all employees.

The casual workplace is a nice change of pace.

Cons

We play hard but we also work hard. The company is expanding quickly which means there is no shortage of work. This is also a plus because I am never bored and I feel my job is secure.

I found their Salesforce Training Course to be very helpful so I think they should really capitalize on this and get the word out.

Salesforce.com Developer

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great experience, great people to work with, flexible schedule, casual office environment.

Cons

Occasionally long hours to get the job done.

Keep doing what you're doing

Casual atmosphere, great place to work!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Synaptic is a young company that is in a growth mode. They are expanding their staff and offer a lot of growth potential to their employees. If you like to work independently and colloborate on a team then this is the place for you. Beacuse the company is small there is a lot opportunity to learn new things and take on additional responsibilities. I love the loication in Annapolis and not having a long commute!

Cons

Haven't found any so far

keep doing what you are doing

Synaptic Advisory Partners Photos