Syncfusion Reviews

Stefan Hoenig

1. So far, very good

Current Employee - Product Consultant in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Product Consultant in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If there was a culture of minimal product/process training in the past, that doesn't exist anymore. I was given three + solid training days with my sales manager and marketing staff before I ever even looked at a lead. I got to shadow with leading sales reps on the 3rd day and be shadowed by my sales manager while I made my first calls. The bottom line is if you come to work here, show up prepared to be a mature professional with some work ethic. My sense is that they'd rather nurture your polish than your drive. Which I think is totally understandable. Benefits are good and start soon (if not immediately) and commission package is very rewarding to those who consistently WORK their leads.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that the laptops they give us are a little weak, but they do have touchscreens which can be nice depending on your workflow preferences. Also, the office wifi and intranet speed is a bit slow.

Make sure newer sales hires understand preferred process for involving sales engineers on sales calls.

Syncfusion:

Former Employee - Product Consultant in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Product Consultant in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers on sales-floor were all awesome. Mentality of we're all in this together made us closer.Engineer team was super nice.

Cons

One hour of training with someone who isn't even in sales when you get there. They preach about it being a family atmosphere, but they rule with fear. Your job is threatened withing the first three months if you aren't making quota. Keep in mind they tell you when you first start that the product is complicated and it will take at least 3 months to learn how to sell properly. Classic turn-em and burn-em type culture on the sales floor.. They don't want to spend money on training. 10 people have either quit or been fired within a 5 month time span (mostly quit). Don't ever expect to get any warm fuzzy feeling from anyone on the management level. Don't work here if you're extroverted in the least bit. Plan for crazy micromanagement.

Build your people up. Communicate. If you aren't happy, then leave and find something else. Don't take it out on you professionals who are eager to learn. And for God's sake, smile once in a while.... have the decency to look up from your computer when someone is new and asking questions about the job. Since there is no training and management pushes asking questions, this shouldn't be treated so negatively. Don't have an attitude every time someone comes into your office to ask you a question.

Nothing but good

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time

Pros

This company provides the absolute most job flexibility I've ever had, at any job, in my whole life. When I need time off, I get it. When I have a doctor's appointment, I'm able to go. If I need to work from home a day or two, no problem. If I want to adjust my work hours one day to leave early or come in late, that's fine. I've never been so happy with this particular aspect of a job.
    The benefits are also pretty decent. They did not drop coverage like so many other small employers; I still get health, dental, vision, 401k etc and at affordable rates. Another benefit is the snacks, drinks, weekly breakfast, and weekly lunch provided free of charge.
    The people here are great... that includes both co-workers and management. I feel a genuine sense of community and care from others I work with on a daily basis. People are also positive here... for the most part. It's draining to work around too much negativity too often, but I feel that's not much of an issue here, as most people seem to be able to see the silver lining even if the day is cloudy.

Cons

There is a higher turnover on the sales floor. I'm not sure what to attribute that to (other than reps not putting in the necessary work, or natural attrition). But this is the only department in which I see a higher turnover, and perhaps it only seems high because the turnover in other departments is so low.

As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, please continue to build that sense of community that I like so much... it goes a long way to an employee's state of mind when they come to work. Games and outings would be appreciated :)

5. SUCKfusion

I worked at Syncfusion

Pros

The only good thing about working here was the free snacks and coffee. You get free lunch and breakfast once a week. There is potential to make a lot of money, but you won't.

Cons

High turnover. Imbalanced territories. Stealing salespeople. Deceitful practices. Favoritism. Micro-managed. Childish atmosphere. You will lose your job. There are five or six people that have been there for a while......they have been fed a lot of their business. Worst job ever. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I am sure the last several reviews on here were forced from the "big brother" type management. People have been quizzed and fired for conversations had on Skype. This place is a joke. As a sales person you are able to basically give away software. Whether or not a prospect needs this, management will tell you to ask how much they want to pay so you can make the quick sale. You are encouraged to call people 3 or 4 times a day and some as many times as it takes for them to answer. You will be shamed if you do not hit a certain number of calls. If this isn't bad enough, you have terrible leads (most coming from a free product or from an ebook download). These garbage leads should help you get at least 50 or 60 calls in that are big waste of your time. You also need to have talk time. So good luck when people do not pick up. There are some good leads that come through the pipeline, but chances are you will not get them. They will be cherry-picked for a manager or one of the people that has been there for a while.

Awful......shame on you for false, rushed recruitment.

6. Not worth the money

Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The money and some benefits.

Cons

I worked here for over 3 years and I can tell you that this place is a sweat shop. They will work you till the end of the Earth. Yes, the money can be good, but it isn't worth having to fight to be able to get time off to go to your Grandmother's funeral.

Stop micro-managing. Actually train your sales people.

7. Great opportunity at a growing company.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Representative

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

While I've been employed at Syncfusion the company has been recording steady growth since my first year. I've operated primarily in a sales role during my tenure and I can say that the company's growth does correlate to your individual compensation. Sales professionals have an opportunity to make a significant amount of income at Syncfusion.

The software industry is very dynamic and constantly evolving so if you enjoy this as a work environment a job here will provide you with a new challenge and new rewards as software technologies progress. Work is work, but this keeps the job from getting too stale.

The company is flexible for your personal needs and offers strong benefits.

Cons

Due to the dynamic nature of the software industry it can sometimes be tough to keep up with changes. This does mean you do have to adapt to changes, often quickly.

It would be nice to have more opportunities for lateral career moves. Since Syncfusion isn't particularly large this is somewhat limited at the moment.

Larger office and maybe corporate box seats at PNC Arena.

8. Work Hard, Get Rewarded

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get what you put in. This has always stayed true. From day 1 of my interview, I was told you have to have the "Hunter" mentality. You need to set those goals for yourself and work every day, as hard and as long as you need to, to meet those goals. Once you do, you get rewarded and compensated very well. Like every sales job, it can be stressful, but once you find what works for you, and how to be consistent, it is a very rewarding experience. It teaches you a lot on how to better organize yourself and how to set those goals for yourself - presenting a constant daily challenge, but at the end it is all worth it. For anyone that likes a challenge, works hard, and doesn't give up, this can be a great job for you.

Cons

Turnover can be high, as this job isn't for everyone

Continue with positive reinforcement of your employees at all levels

9. Great potential if you're up for the challenge.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice perks like lunch brought in weekly, good work atmosphere, above average earning potential.

Cons

High turnover, it's a fast paced environment that is not for everyone.

Continue to invest in your people and products and the sky is the limit.

10. Company with strong opportunities for growth at both the individual and company levels

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I’ve spent a significant number of years at Syncfusion, in a variety of roles and at a variety of levels (beginning in a very entry level one). In an age when company-hopping is common and in many cases makes sense, I’m still with Syncfusion because over the course of my time here I’ve been compensated well, received excellent benefits, and had numerous opportunities for career growth. On top of those aspects of my time here (which as a practical person I do place great weight on), I can honestly say that I’ve formed some of the most important and rewarding relationships of my life here.

It’s been a privilege to gain all that while also having absolute confidence in the quality of the products and support customers receive. I can’t imagine being at a firm where I felt that I was working in the service of something I didn’t believe in, and I’ve never had to do that at Syncfusion. That’s an excellent feeling.

It’s been my experience here that in return for putting heart and effort into my work and recognizing the many opportunities the company offers, I’ve received more than I ever expected in return. It’s been exciting, I’ve felt encouraged and listened-to, and it’s been a very worthwhile experience.

Cons

This isn’t so much a con as it is an acknowledgement that there are people who are more and less comfortable in a high-growth-type company. There are periodic challenges at every company, especially one that has gone through significant growth spurts. I’ve been with Syncfusion through several of these and while there have been times where structures have changed more quickly than they would in a massive company, for me it’s been manageable and worth the ride. In order to grow, Syncfusion has had to be flexible – if you’re able to embrace that and see the advantages of it for both the business and yourself, I can attest that there are a lot of rewards to be had.

Continue the growth of the company while maintaining the quality of the products and technical support. The benefits offered are very important to employees, so please keep up the good work on that front.

11. Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, potential to make some money. Will learn a lot and I think a great way into the Industry.

Cons

It is hard work with a lot of pressure, if you are not able to handle pressure and work hard to get to your goal this job is not for you.

Syncfusion Photos