Syncfusion Reviews

Updated June 26, 2014

3.4

Stefan Hoenig

Nothing but good

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time

Pros

This company provides the absolute most job flexibility I've ever had, at any job, in my whole life. When I need time off, I get it. When I have a doctor's appointment, I'm able to go. If I need to work from home a day or two, no problem. If I want to adjust my work hours one day to leave early or come in late, that's fine. I've never been so happy with this particular aspect of a job.
    The benefits are also pretty decent. They did not drop coverage like so many other small employers; I still get health, dental, vision, 401k etc and at affordable rates. Another benefit is the snacks, drinks, weekly breakfast, and weekly lunch provided free of charge.
    The people here are great... that includes both co-workers and management. I feel a genuine sense of community and care from others I work with on a daily basis. People are also positive here... for the most part. It's draining to work around too much negativity too often, but I feel that's not much of an issue here, as most people seem to be able to see the silver lining even if the day is cloudy.

Cons

There is a higher turnover on the sales floor. I'm not sure what to attribute that to (other than reps not putting in the necessary work, or natural attrition). But this is the only department in which I see a higher turnover, and perhaps it only seems high because the turnover in other departments is so low.

As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, please continue to build that sense of community that I like so much... it goes a long way to an employee's state of mind when they come to work. Games and outings would be appreciated :)

Worst job you could have in the RDU Area!

Former Employee - BDR  in  Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - BDR in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't think of anything. The only thing I can say is this was my first and last sales job. I was so excited to come work in sales but I think I'd rather mop vomit and shovel animal poo than work another day at this nightmare ever again. I guess I can say if you need a very temporary paycheck, then try it but you'll never get the stench of this place off of you. You get a laptop but they watch your every move.

Cons

1. No consistent sales plan
    2. Very pooly run company
    3. Management is cruel, petty, ruthless. The kind that will smile in your face and stab you in the back so hard that the knife punctures the chest on the other side. They read your skype messages, emails, listen your calls not to coach you but to use this to trick or trap you. BEWARE
    4. Atmosphere: Tense, Backstabbing, Management will tell lies about you to your coworkers.
    5. They fired an employee for going into labor!

You people should not be proud to call this a company or a healthy work environment. I do not know how you 1. sleep at night or look 2. look at yourself in the mirror 3. come to work and look at your employees knowing what a horrible place this is to work.

SUCKfusion

I worked at Syncfusion

Pros

The only good thing about working here was the free snacks and coffee. You get free lunch and breakfast once a week. There is potential to make a lot of money, but you won't.

Cons

High turnover. Imbalanced territories. Stealing salespeople. Deceitful practices. Favoritism. Micro-managed. Childish atmosphere. You will lose your job. There are five or six people that have been there for a while......they have been fed a lot of their business. Worst job ever. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I am sure the last several reviews on here were forced from the "big brother" type management. People have been quizzed and fired for conversations had on Skype. This place is a joke. As a sales person you are able to basically give away software. Whether or not a prospect needs this, management will tell you to ask how much they want to pay so you can make the quick sale. You are encouraged to call people 3 or 4 times a day and some as many times as it takes for them to answer. You will be shamed if you do not hit a certain number of calls. If this isn't bad enough, you have terrible leads (most coming from a free product or from an ebook download). These garbage leads should help you get at least 50 or 60 calls in that are big waste of your time. You also need to have talk time. So good luck when people do not pick up. There are some good leads that come through the pipeline, but chances are you will not get them. They will be cherry-picked for a manager or one of the people that has been there for a while.

Awful......shame on you for false, rushed recruitment.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not worth the money

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The money and some benefits.

Cons

I worked here for over 3 years and I can tell you that this place is a sweat shop. They will work you till the end of the Earth. Yes, the money can be good, but it isn't worth having to fight to be able to get time off to go to your Grandmother's funeral.

Stop micro-managing. Actually train your sales people.

Great opportunity at a growing company.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Representative

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

While I've been employed at Syncfusion the company has been recording steady growth since my first year. I've operated primarily in a sales role during my tenure and I can say that the company's growth does correlate to your individual compensation. Sales professionals have an opportunity to make a significant amount of income at Syncfusion.

The software industry is very dynamic and constantly evolving so if you enjoy this as a work environment a job here will provide you with a new challenge and new rewards as software technologies progress. Work is work, but this keeps the job from getting too stale.

The company is flexible for your personal needs and offers strong benefits.

Cons

Due to the dynamic nature of the software industry it can sometimes be tough to keep up with changes. This does mean you do have to adapt to changes, often quickly.

It would be nice to have more opportunities for lateral career moves. Since Syncfusion isn't particularly large this is somewhat limited at the moment.

Larger office and maybe corporate box seats at PNC Arena.

Work Hard, Get Rewarded

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get what you put in. This has always stayed true. From day 1 of my interview, I was told you have to have the "Hunter" mentality. You need to set those goals for yourself and work every day, as hard and as long as you need to, to meet those goals. Once you do, you get rewarded and compensated very well. Like every sales job, it can be stressful, but once you find what works for you, and how to be consistent, it is a very rewarding experience. It teaches you a lot on how to better organize yourself and how to set those goals for yourself - presenting a constant daily challenge, but at the end it is all worth it. For anyone that likes a challenge, works hard, and doesn't give up, this can be a great job for you.

Cons

Turnover can be high, as this job isn't for everyone

Continue with positive reinforcement of your employees at all levels

Company with strong opportunities for growth at both the individual and company levels

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I’ve spent a significant number of years at Syncfusion, in a variety of roles and at a variety of levels (beginning in a very entry level one). In an age when company-hopping is common and in many cases makes sense, I’m still with Syncfusion because over the course of my time here I’ve been compensated well, received excellent benefits, and had numerous opportunities for career growth. On top of those aspects of my time here (which as a practical person I do place great weight on), I can honestly say that I’ve formed some of the most important and rewarding relationships of my life here.

It’s been a privilege to gain all that while also having absolute confidence in the quality of the products and support customers receive. I can’t imagine being at a firm where I felt that I was working in the service of something I didn’t believe in, and I’ve never had to do that at Syncfusion. That’s an excellent feeling.

It’s been my experience here that in return for putting heart and effort into my work and recognizing the many opportunities the company offers, I’ve received more than I ever expected in return. It’s been exciting, I’ve felt encouraged and listened-to, and it’s been a very worthwhile experience.

Cons

This isn’t so much a con as it is an acknowledgement that there are people who are more and less comfortable in a high-growth-type company. There are periodic challenges at every company, especially one that has gone through significant growth spurts. I’ve been with Syncfusion through several of these and while there have been times where structures have changed more quickly than they would in a massive company, for me it’s been manageable and worth the ride. In order to grow, Syncfusion has had to be flexible – if you’re able to embrace that and see the advantages of it for both the business and yourself, I can attest that there are a lot of rewards to be had.

Continue the growth of the company while maintaining the quality of the products and technical support. The benefits offered are very important to employees, so please keep up the good work on that front.

Great potential if you're up for the challenge.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice perks like lunch brought in weekly, good work atmosphere, above average earning potential.

Cons

High turnover, it's a fast paced environment that is not for everyone.

Continue to invest in your people and products and the sky is the limit.

Great Experience, Great Company

Current Employee - Director  in  Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company provides you the best opportunity to succeed with no limits on what you can accomplish. Family oriented and fast moving company to keep the days exciting.

Cons

nothing I can see so far been working here for over 2 years and loving it more each day, they company is growing fast and is on the track to even double this year

Keep focus and keep growing

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, potential to make some money. Will learn a lot and I think a great way into the Industry.

Cons

It is hard work with a lot of pressure, if you are not able to handle pressure and work hard to get to your goal this job is not for you.

Worked for Syncfusion? Contribute to the Community!