Synchronoss Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014

3.1

Synchronoss Chairman, President, and CEO Stephen G. Waldis
Stephen G. Waldis

Pros
  • you get to see with some good new technologies like hadoop, cassandra, chef (in 4 reviews)

• Good atmosphere, great people, great projects (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance not the best, a lot of overtime required at times especially round the end of quarters (in 4 reviews)

• long hours typically come from chaos and cleaning up after others (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent experience learned a lot about phones.

I have been working at Synchronoss

Pros

Learn about phones services and family plans.

Cons

You get to learn about different services about wireless devices.

Stop with the point system.

Systems Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Synchronoss full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Growth opportunity, if you are willing to put in extra hours. The customers I worked with were great.

Cons

High workload volume requiring extra hours without compensation. Yet if you need to leave for a doctor appointment early, you are expected to put that in as scheduled time off which deducts from your vacation accrual.

Treat ALL the people you work with, especially those who work for you, the same gracious manner you would like to be treated yourself.

Sink or Swim = The Synchronoss way

Current Employee - Professional
    Current Employee - Professional

I have been working at Synchronoss full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not many pros except this : Your co-workers (not management) are really bright, helpful, and easy to work with.

Cons

As others have said, Synchronoss still has a start-up mentality which translates into long days as the norrn -- Usually14-18 hours. Off-shore resources frequently put in 18-20 hour days for weeks at a time. The company tends to operate in crisis mode all the time, which isn't a sustainable work model. Highly restrictive NDA, terrible health insurance and stingy PTO policy. As my review title says it's sink or swim for new employees. They are thrown in about day 3 with no help. information or direction and left to fail or succeed on their own. If you don't know anything, you don't even know what questions to ask. Depending on your location or project, management is either only OK or back-stabbing weasels. The company prides itself on not recognizing time zones but doing everything in real time. This means 4:30-5 am calls for the West Coasters, and very late or middle of the night calls for the East Coast people to deal with off shore staff or clients. Layoffs at the end of a project or the quarter are common. The company describes itself as being a completely unstructured environment, which really just means it's all chaos. I have no idea why I'm still here.

Time zones exist, look into it. Middle of the night calls are not normal. 14-18 hours days, every day for weeks and weeks is not normal. No company can operate successfully in continuous crisis mode. Stop pretending that you are a Cloud/ Software solutions consulting company when you are really just offering SaaS (software development).

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Acquired my previous employer last year with little to no idea what the core business was.

I have been working at Synchronoss

Pros

Decent people to work with, good stock plans, always new faces, usually due to turnover or acquisitions. Decent health plans.

Cons

Management seems to prefer short term gains instead of long term (layoffs at the end of a quarter). HR is a nightmare to deal with. Low pay increases. No recognition for work. Going above and beyond is not rewarded. Company grows through acquisitions, not necessarily in their core business.

Focus on the people working for you. Treat your people right and they'll work miracles. Fire everyone in HR and hire new staff with a brain. Get better at doing acquisitions if it's your core business!

Experiance has been averge

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Synchronoss full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, OT, pay is ok, Benefits

Cons

over worked at times due to understaffing, many different programs so there is a non stop learning curve

Take employee ideas and there feelings into consideration when making decisions

Happy employees produce more

Decent pay, lots of chaos

I have been working at Synchronoss full-time

Pros

The pay in general tends to be decent and there are talented individuals that you will get to work with. Not only are the people talented, but these are individuals that you probably would not mind spending time with outside of work.

Cons

Working long hours is the norm in this industry, but at Synchronoss the long hours typically come from chaos and cleaning up after others. If you are a high performer, be prepared to carry the low performers on your back. Chaos does happen from time to time in any company, but at Synchronoss it is the rule and not the exception. Unfortunately, the chaos and cleanup leads to low morale and attrition.

Allow the teams the chance to produce quality code, which will actually save money in the long term due to less production issues, less ramp up time for new members, less general frustration, and less attrition due to the frustration.

I built up my solitaire score while "working" there...

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Synchronoss as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I don't have much to say. Compensation was decent compared to other internships in the area. Schedules are somewhat flexible. Most people I interacted with seemed nice.

Cons

Where do I start? I was told when I finished my work that I worked too fast and there was nothing else for me to do. So like the title says, I just played solitaire since I'd frequently ask my mentor for work and was either denied or he wasn't there. Interns are treated much like slave labor - we were all shoved in a conference room behind the cafeteria away from the rest of the company and all packed in a small room. Most of the work is pretty menial or can be automated. I automated what I did and was not acknowledged for my efforts. There are a lot of culturally-similar people that tend to clique together and won't notice you, thus you feel somewhat unwelcome depending on where you're from.

DBA Intern

Former Employee - Database Administrator Intern  in  Bethelhem, IA
    Former Employee - Database Administrator Intern in Bethelhem, IA

I worked at Synchronoss as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Awesome atmosphere to work with. Lots to learn and implement.

Cons

But growth rate is low. Also the salary they pay is very low for the work.

Hated it

I have been working at Synchronoss

Pros

There is not one I can think of

Cons

to short sited on quarterly numbers and not long term company

need to acquire new customers and not through acquisitions

Busy SaaS company with potential for high growth and various market reach via the mobile space.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Synchronoss full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very intelligent co-workers; great at their job, and good management (R&D) from my perspective. PTO, benefits and salary are very fair.

Cons

Like all jobs, there are cons. Employees here are prone to being at the mercy of clients mostly because of the SaaS component of the business, and the clients treat you like a 'vendor' and lack a bit of respect for the intelligent people here; that needs to change.

Always be sure to back your people over a demanding/bullying client; the people here are hard working and intelligent. I know there are dividends to pay out, but without good employees, you have no good business offerings... the cycle is reciprocal.

Worked for Synchronoss? Contribute to the Community!