Syncreon Reviews

Updated August 25, 2014

2.2

Brian Enright

I worked at Syncreon

Pros

The job provides great operation experience and compensates well.

Cons

The work environment can be physically uncomfortable due to the weather and sometimes the people in management are rude.

Treat employees with more respect and try not to let the environment affect your attitude and performance

Stay away. Far far away

Current Employee - Repair Technician  in  Allentown, NJ
    Current Employee - Repair Technician in Allentown, NJ

I have been working at Syncreon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My job is easy because of my skillset

Cons

Since being aquired by syncreon, everything. Managers are hypocrites, liars, corrupt. Hire on 6 people from their old job with no experience doing this. From Lowes to syncreon repair facility supervisor or quality technician positions making very good money what a laugh. Absolutely useless forweeks till caught on and barely useful thereafter. Befriend a supervisor and you can do nothing all day basically. Manager jumped ship and claimed she was just taking a break but had new job and took someone from quality with her before our location cut off 85% of technicians. I guess this job is worth it if you make at least triple compensation. Start at the bottom you will NEVER advance here.

Your days are numbered. How you run this business and treat people is terrible. Pray the lord forgives you.

Avoid at all costs unless you want endless frustration

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Syncreon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary and benefits are somewhat competitive.
    Great opportunity to learn a vast new set of skills, including carrying vast sums of weight on ones shoulders with only the whip to remind you there are managers and patience to give of ones self with no benefit.

Cons

As with other reviewers: Management and HR
    This is a company all should avoid until it is undone by its own misdeeds. I cannot stress enough how toxic the management structure is and how virulent the HR behaves in its defense of management. The only reason anyone I worked with stayed at the plant I worked at was because we felt so very bad for the temporary employees who had no hope of full time employment.
    The managers are cronies who hire among themselves for all important and strategic positions and giving no consideration based on merit or performance for high level positions. They do not care about skill, ethic, determination, or intellect. The likelihood of a person receiving a promotion was based on two factors: office politics/sexual encounters and being below average in performance and intelligence so as to not be a threat to the person hiring you.

This company from the CEO on down is managed openly through fear and intimidation. The owners of this company are not fit or able to run a company of this scale or complexity and their recent total abject failure to enter the wireless communications market (after a costly buyout of a profitable company already doing the work) is proof of this.

If you want to save your company, fire your entire HR department and remove every single Regional Director and Operations VP from their posts immediately. In essence, start over.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awful work experience

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator  in  Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Addison, IL

I have been working at Syncreon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consistent hours, nice people for the most part, some managers are good, convenient commute for most chicagoland areas

Cons

Everything else. Bad customer relationship, horrible office politics, serious inequities between departments, they don't hire temporary employees, serious lack of training for both customer and in house, hire downright stupid people, value time with company vastly more than intelligence or contribution

Honestly it's so bad I don't know where to start, scrap the whole thing and start over probably

The most awful work experience I could have imagined.

Former Employee - Production Supervisor  in  York, PA
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in York, PA

I worked at Syncreon full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was alright, simply because I had military experience.
    3 day weekends

Cons

Management from the very top down is uneducated, rude, demanding, unrealistic, heartless, etc...
    Expected to work 11-13 hrs a day.
    Use and abuse operators who are willing to work hard and the unions protect the useless parasitic scumbags.

Absolute restructure. Fire all management from the COO levels down and start from scratch.

The job was a learning experience

I worked at Syncreon full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company offers above agerage compensation, benefits, 401k package for the industry. An the co-workers are friendly to each other within your work groups.

Cons

The management style leads to high drama and end fighting within the leadership. People tend to walk on egg shells waiting for the hammer to drop. The company is not concerned with work/life balance. Yes you get vacation but expect it to be a working vacation.

Choose one direction and clearly communicate it.

Shift Manager

Current Employee - Shift Manager  in  Belvidere, IL
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Belvidere, IL

I have been working at Syncreon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely fast paced, energetic environment with a good hoURL work force. Supporting processes are good. Collaboration with customer is exceptional.

Cons

Senior management is obtuse in regards to leadership development. Poor front line salaries allow for poor candidates to secure jobs. This is compounded by very poor, disorganized initial job training which leads to poor performance and high turnover. Reliance on archaic customer interfaces are frustrating. There is virtually no communication from the top down which creates massive distrust on all levels.

Go back to the drawing board as the current an is awful. Travel policy is ridiculous. If economic conditions were any better, I fail to understand why anyone would want to work for your company.

Great coworkers, awful management!

Current Employee - Logistics  in  Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Logistics in Addison, IL

I have been working at Syncreon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Workday is never dull, it's challenging and constantly changing rhythm.
    Work hours are great!

Cons

HR is a joke! "Managers" can treat employees like dirt and HR will just stand off on the corner and nod. The only way to get promoted is to know somebody, or get "involved" with somebody.
    Work hard and no pay raise, no benefits, no promotion.

Managers need to be more professional, know what we do as a company. Please enforce rules on everyone, don't exempt the ones with power.

High school drama

Former Employee - OSC  in  York, PA
    Former Employee - OSC in York, PA

I worked at Syncreon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Never a dull moment, there use to be great people to work with, but over time they have all left.

Cons

Tons of overtime
    No training for new hires
    Constant change in management
    If you are good at what you do, no room for promotion. Stuck doing it because you are good at doing it.

Stop burning out your good employees, maybe tell them they did a good job everyone in a while.

Get it over with!!

I have been working at Syncreon

Pros

Co-workers are hard working people.

Cons

syncreon needs to stop managing with an iron fist.

I have worked 30 years as an electronic tech and the last 3 or 4 with syncreon have been the worst by far.
    Where has all of our work gone. We have lost our manager, we were told we are moving, we all think they plan on closing the doors on this Compuspar site!!

Worked for Syncreon? Contribute to the Community!