Syndero

Syndero Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Scott Waltz

It is what it is....a startup!

Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Syndero full-time for more than a year

Pros* Amazing talent pool
* Life changing place for me
* Wild West of launching Direct Marketing Products
* Exciting stuff!!

ConsIt grew too fast and beyond management's control. I hear the place may come back wiser. That would be great. Name got dragged legally through the mud I understand.

Advice to Senior ManagementSteady, practical growth!

Frat boy atmosphere seeks employees to overwork. (But we'll give you beer!)

I have been working at Syndero full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFun atmosphere, decent and good benefits. Scott Waltz improved the business. He took it from "anything goes" to "lets give this place some structure". If it wasn't for him it would have really tanked.

ConsMismanaged, unorganized, little policy and procedure. Unrealistic expectations. Prior to Waltz, management was rarely around. People came and went as they pleased, with no order, and no rules.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a legitimate business model. One that doesn't entail a continuity model and contributing to the individual debt margin of the US citizens.

Medium

Senior Interaction Designer (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Syndero

ProsOpen and flexible which has it's benefits and keeps things exciting. The category the company was in was intriguing and there were always new challenges, so lots to learn which was fun.

ConsOpen and flexible which makes things confusing and frustrating. When major directional changes where made and supposedly sweeping and concrete, they would often crumble quickly. Management doesn't seem to have a lot of trust for it's employees outside of a few two folk/

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more.

One of the worst professional experiences I have ever had.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Syndero

ProsThe benefit package was generous. Nice offices (when it was still located in San Francisco).

ConsThe unreasonable expectation of working tons of hours without really understanding what it was all for. There are other brands that exist in the same space as the brands that Syndero has, but they are recognizable and hopefully honest. There was no room for creativity and this place was basically run like a old boys' club but for younger frat rats in horrible fleece vests. The atomosphere was an alleged "startup" with all the bells and whistles to give that appearance (free food in the kitchen! a pool table! look how cool we are!), but there was nothing to back it up. I saw passion in only a couple of people there, otherwise, so many people, including top mgmt, was there to make a quick buck and to pull a fast one on consumers but selling subpar products.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee your consumers and employees as people; today's customers are more intelligent and informed than ever which will lead to your downfall.

Worked for Syndero? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Syndero reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Syndero CEO Scott Waltz. All reviews posted anonymously by Syndero employees.