Syndicate Bank Reviews

Updated April 2, 2015
45 reviews filtered by
Syndicate Bank Executive Director Ravi Shanker Pandey
Ravi Shanker Pandey

1. I had a very fulfilling career in the bank and the pension scheme takes care of my needs even after retirement.

I worked at Syndicate Bank

Pros

A caring employer - employees are respected and protected - its like a big family unit,traditional but very modern and technology wise up to date in its operations.

Cons

a more realistic transfer policy would help the employees - but again, this is based on government norms and the bank cannot do anything about it.

2. Worst bank from Employee's perspective

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Syndicate Bank full-time

Pros

Couldn't find anything except job security since its a govt job.

Cons

Highly understaffed, too much work pressure and long working hours, too much stress, worst training programme, poor infrastructure and technological issues, bad management attitude, managers put pressure to show leniency in rules and regulations, even rules and regulations are not made clear & employees have to put their own efforts, all risks are transferred to employees, employees are grilled for losses in which they have no fault.

I left my private job to join this bank and now I regret my decision. I felt better, more relaxed and stress free working there, even with little job insecurity.

Advice to Management

The Management does not need advice it needs a complete overhaul

3. An Educational Insight into the Workings of a Lower Ranked Public Sector Bank

I have been working at Syndicate Bank full-time

Pros

Is a public sector bank that must comply with employee protection regulations

Cons

Does not follow double scrutiny system
    Officers end up doing the work of and taking up financial risk of two workers
    Long working hours doing repetitive tasks that do not augment skillsets
    Basis for selection process does not match on-ground reality
    Allowances do not match cost of living
    Sanitation at workplaces is poor

5. Slow growth in career

Current Employee - Manager Credit in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Manager Credit in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Syndicate Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Job Security, job security and only job security

Cons

Many like:
    1. Very very low salary
    2. Can be transferred any where in India and you cant be sure that you will get good work exposure everywhere.
    3. Seniors mentality is what you can expect from government department.
    4. No activity other than work work and work.
    5. Work here only if you want job security since it is government job.
    6 Very pathetic HR/ promotion policies.

Advice to Management

Apart from focusing on customers, please look for Credit people, they are the one who are actually contributing in Bank's earning and please change your mentality.

6. An achievement oriented Banking Professnl aiming for assignments in Credit/ Recovery Management /Teaching commerce & Law

Former Employee - Faculty In Law, Financial Management, Banking & Commerce in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Syndicate Bank part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Retired as Asst General Manager in March, 2014 - Very good customer centric bank envisaging growth by partnering with the customers with a broad vision - Over my 35 years of my career with the said Bank could successfully lead our team and accomplished the targets set with the active involvement of all the team members.

Cons

There are bright promotional opportunities for some body who actively involves himself with doing good business. The gaps in knowledge levels are identified while assessing the annual performance and the staff members are nominated for suitable training programs to bridge the gaps. The company (Bank) is really a faithful and friendly financial partner of its customers with lot of empathy and understanding of the customer requirements.

Advice to Management

A little more transparency in promotion process, communication of annual performance appraisal to the officers concerned will remove the computer gaps. The training is to be imparted by some one who is well versed in the respective field. Ambiguity is to be relieved in systems and procedures. Periodical rotation of departments should be strictly implemented.

7. loved my job till I got promoted as assistant manager

Former Employee - Assistant Bank Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Assistant Bank Manager in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Syndicate Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Job security, good working conditions, wonderful staff, home atmosphere, pension benefits loan facilities , good compensation .
    It is possible to have a wonderful work life balance if you are a clerk, as a junior managerial staff younger generation who are more tech savvy can breeze through the job, opportunities are high in the next few years as many people are retiring...younger generation who would like to work and to enjoy leisure should grab the opportunity...

Cons

understaffed, overworked, stressed, and horrible transfer policies...anywhere in rural India, very long working hours, people retiring and vacancies not being filled up fast

Advice to Management

please help the junior managerial staff by employing more people to help them... give proper training to older staff who you need for their experience but who lack in technical training to meet the rapid technological changes

8. Good

Former Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Chennai (India)

I worked at Syndicate Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some CMDS appreciated the work

Cons

Favoritism and some times unhappy because of this

Advice to Management

Hard work should be appreciated and sycophancy to be avoided

9. motivational experience during the employment period

Former Employee - Clerk in Madurai (India)
    Former Employee - Clerk in Madurai (India)

I worked at Syndicate Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Exemplary presence and very helpful management,with courteous coworkers, employment at Syndicate Bank is certainly fully enjoyed employment one defenitly does not like to leave in midway till completing his or her full tenure of employmeny period .salary and perks are sure best in the market similar employees.

Cons

I do not think That I had any during my whole empoloyment period except unwanted transfers at rthe behest of some unscrupulous union leaders and some irrosponsiblr higher authorities.

Advice to Management

Please do the transfers as and when required to the minimum need

10. DON'T EVEN THINK TO JOIN THE BANK

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Syndicate Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to learn but they will grill you out.

Cons

Senior management,Too much work pressure, No recognition, Dull morale, too much partiality

Advice to Management

Treat the young talent well and organized manner.
    Treat your Employees with respect.

11. Experience of working in the bank is good

Current Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Syndicate Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good environment to work in, relaxed atmosphere

Cons

accountability issues, they dwell too much on this issue which means that taking a credit decision is fraught with danger

Advice to Management

Let the Managers take their decision, its known that at least 2% of the loans granted will be sticky

Syndicate Bank Photos