Synectics Reviews

6 reviews filtered by
2.2
Rick Harriman
1 Rating

What a body of knowledge and capacity to help other organizations create change.

Current Employee - Principal Innovation/Communications Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Innovation/Communications Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Synectics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

if you are a consultant with the hunter/killer mentality then this is the best fit...

Cons

Partnership--the right people aren't making the right decisions.

Listen...

Lack of Communication

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Synectics

Pros

Synectics provided me with an excellent contract job.

Cons

No communication with the management/recruiting team once job was placed. Not even contact once the assignment was coming to an end. Did not offer any to look for any other assignments since my assignment was coming to closure.

Keep track of the contractors/consultants once they are placed. Setup some sort of reminders of your contractors/recruits so that you may try to place them once their contract is complete. Don't allow them to feel you have forgotten about them once they are placed with a job. Keep open communication with the contractor/consultant throughout the contract. Find out how they are doing and provide some feedback.

OK experience contracting with Synectics

Current Employee - Legal Assistant Contractor in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant Contractor in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Synectics

Pros

I am a contractor and I think Synectics offers fair pay for the jobs and has been competent in answering my questions.

Cons

Contract work means no benefits.. Synectics actually does offer health insurance but last I checked it was around $350.00 a month!

Please contact contractors more often just to make sure everything is going well on the job.

Good People, Poorly Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

I worked at Synectics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Friendly working atmosphere
    - Dedicated staff
    - Very strong market and customer knowledge

Cons

- Weak leadership - unable to drive change
    - Immature development practices; chaotic, adhoc, individual heroics, unpredictable software. Software is typically unreliable, re-introducing previously resolved issues, uncontrolled feature introduction, driven from development rather than Product Management. Features are typically what the organisation feels the customer wants rather than asking what is needed

- Lack of strategic direction, poor communication and lacking in organisational capability. The heroic nature of the majority of projects (both in development and delivery) has created a reliance on "key" people (the "heroes") for strategy and direction. However these staff lack knowledge and experience in areas where the business needs to improve; hence a continuous cycle of emergencies and disaster and an inability to analyse and learn from previous mistakes, or take on-board new ideas or thinking.

- Focus and streamline the technical management team
    - Set clear objectives

OK if you know a company that wants to use you as a contractor through Synectics, Inc

I have been working at Synectics

Pros

Benefits are ok. No issues with hours submitted.

Cons

No communication with management. No reviews given in 2.5 years working. The only reason how I know how I doing is that I worked for my manager at another company. Synectics does not seem to help you find another position once your assignment is over. I asked about a raise in pay and my inquiry was never answered. No personal contact with company once I was hired. No vacation time for consultants.

Create a personal relationship with your contractors. It could be beneficial to your bottom line.

Project manager handling integration of legacy systems, functional enhancements, and improvements to business processes.

Former Employee - Billing Integration Consultant
    Former Employee - Billing Integration Consultant

I worked at Synectics

Pros

Little bureaucracy to deal with.

Cons

Take a disproportionate commission from contractor rates

Create relationship / partnership with contractors. Build some loyalty.