Synectics

Rick Harriman

Lack of Communication

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Synectics

ProsSynectics provided me with an excellent contract job.

ConsNo communication with the management/recruiting team once job was placed. Not even contact once the assignment was coming to an end. Did not offer any to look for any other assignments since my assignment was coming to closure.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep track of the contractors/consultants once they are placed. Setup some sort of reminders of your contractors/recruits so that you may try to place them once their contract is complete. Don't allow them to feel you have forgotten about them once they are placed with a job. Keep open communication with the contractor/consultant throughout the contract. Find out how they are doing and provide some feedback.

OK experience contracting with Synectics

Legal Assistant Contractor (Current Employee)
Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Synectics

ProsI am a contractor and I think Synectics offers fair pay for the jobs and has been competent in answering my questions.

ConsContract work means no benefits.. Synectics actually does offer health insurance but last I checked it was around $350.00 a month!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease contact contractors more often just to make sure everything is going well on the job.

OK if you know a company that wants to use you as a contractor through Synectics, Inc

I have been working at Synectics

ProsBenefits are ok. No issues with hours submitted.

ConsNo communication with management. No reviews given in 2.5 years working. The only reason how I know how I doing is that I worked for my manager at another company. Synectics does not seem to help you find another position once your assignment is over. I asked about a raise in pay and my inquiry was never answered. No personal contact with company once I was hired. No vacation time for consultants.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a personal relationship with your contractors. It could be beneficial to your bottom line.

Project manager handling integration of legacy systems, functional enhancements, and improvements to business processes.

Billing Integration Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Synectics

ProsLittle bureaucracy to deal with.

ConsTake a disproportionate commission from contractor rates

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate relationship / partnership with contractors. Build some loyalty.

Worked for Synectics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synectics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Synectics CEO Rick Harriman. All reviews posted anonymously by Synectics employees.