Synergis Reviews

Doug Ross

1. Account Executive

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Synergis (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked with Synergis for 5 years and love every minute of it! It is a growing company and plenty of room for personal growth within the organization. Success is determined by what you put into this career and advancement comes right along with success.

On another note the internal community is like family, they are a close group that really enjoy each others company. Also it is a true team environment in which everyone encourages the success of each individual and company as a whole. I couldn't be happier with the people I work with.

Cons

You cannot retire after 5 years

Advice to Management

Keep it up and lets hire more people!

2. Love working for Synergis!

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Synergis

Pros

As an employee of Synergis for over 10 years I'd highly recommend Synergis as a Great Place to Work!

Great culture, we work hard and have fun doing so! We have an uncapped income potential and great commission and bonus plan. We do fun team outings, celebrate anniversaries and birthdays monthly, catered breakfast every Friday, softball team, and we also have an annual President's Club winners vacation.

Excellent work life balance, I have the flexibility I need to successfully balance my family and career and have the opportunity to telecommute two days per week.

Management is great about recognizing success.

My favorite aspect about Synergis is that we have a great team, no cut throat catty environment here. We all genuinely get along and it's a fun work environment. We celebrate the success of our team members.

Cons

Staffing is a tough business that inherently comes with its own challenges. If you work hard and put in the time and effort you can overcome these challenges and have a very successful career here.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees needs to continue making Synergis a Great Place to Work!

3. 6+ years in and still loving this job and company!

I have been working at Synergis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I would encourage all who read these reviews to actually reach out to current employees and ask them why they stay! Synergis offers a great place to work to those who are willing to work hard and the financial rewards are fantastic! There is a reason that we have tenured recruiters and sales people who have been here for 15, 11, 9, 8, 7 and 6 years! Let's face it - the staffing world is known for being a tough business and not everyone is cut out for it!

Cons

Like any organization we have areas of opportunity and I do know that our Leadership is always looking for ways to make us an even better place to work! Every year I have seen the results of these efforts and I appreciate being able to speak up and have a voice.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on making us better and keeping the lines of communicationm open!

5. Not a "Best Place to Work"

I worked at Synergis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and time-off policy. Overall Co-workers are nice and good to work with.

Cons

They claim to be "different" than the competition, but do absolutely nothing to differentiate from the numerous competitors doing the exact same thing. There is an extremely old school, "Yes" man mentality, as mentioned in previous reviews. If you come in with any new ideas, it's highly unlikely that anything will ever come of them. The company is far too sales oriented. I understand the staffing industry is obviously catered towards salesmen, but there are so many opportunities missed due to a narrow focus on the bottom line and nothing else. Virtually no growth unless you want to go into sales, and very difficult to get any sort of base compensation increase.

Advice to Management

Join the 21st century-if you recruit technical and creative talent, why still try to run a company with such an old school mentality?

Hard to Trust!

I worked at Synergis full-time

Pros

Nice offices for sales team and opportunites for incentive trips if certain goals are hit.

Cons

Almost a "us vs them" attitude when it comes to sales and recruiting. Very little trust for upper management with the exception of two former managers who are now gone! If you decide to go and work here I hope you are part of the "cool kid" group.

Advice to Management

Be open and honest with everyone! If you make a commitment to a customer or an employee keep it!

7. Great company. Great leadership. Great teammates.

I have been working at Synergis (Less than a year)

Pros

Very experienced recruiting team. Company is growing. Started a new division and opened a new office last year. Experienced Leadership team that is very involved in the business and spends lots of time training, teaching, and asking for input. Top performers earn great commissions, bonuses, and incentive trip. Expectations are high, but fair and made clear. Not a place for everyone.

Cons

Website and marketing material are out of date.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people who want to work hard.

Oppressive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Synergis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only good things about working for this company were that I got paid every two weeks and the office park in which it was located was beautiful.

Cons

When I first started working at Synergis I thought it would be a wonderful place since they had recently won a "Best Place to Work" award. But the boss and upper management were terrible communicators and I was given no direction and received no job training - was basically just tossed into the mire. I worked at Synergis for two years, but was never given feedback or "atta boy", or even acknowledgement most of the time. It is a very toxic place unless you are a star recruiter or sales guy who brings in a lot of money for the company. Then they "love" you. Employees are afraid to speak freely and the whole atmosphere is oppressive. During the two years I worked there, there was a 50% turnover rate - people quitting or being let go constantly. It was pointless trying to get to know a fellow employee because they wouldn't be there for long!

Advice to Management

There is no point giving advice to the management there; they don't listen and the don't care. From my perspective, the bottom line is the only thing important to them; human beings are not.

Great colleagues.... Poor Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Synergis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, competitive salary, great colleagues, get to go on a trip if you reach a certain amount of gross margin. Very smart CEO.

Cons

No room to grow within this company. You have no leadership from above. One of the managers actually fell asleep at his desk before. No help,advice or guidance from the managers who have been in the industry for a long time. A company that says they want to grow, but has no marketing material or anything to help differentiate themselves from the other staffing firms in Atlanta.

Advice to Management

CEO needs to take back over the company and get more involved.

Staffing Agency that does NOTHING Different

I worked at Synergis full-time

Pros

The people in recruiting, are great and most of the sales and back office people are good. Leadership is another story....

Cons

Owner hires management with the "yes" man mentality. He does not like to be challenged or questioned (the management that did this is in the past 2-3 years are no longer with the company). Comp is low base + commission; which is good....not great, not bad.

Sales people have offices and recruiters are in cubes (owner is a former sales guy). The only promotional opportunities is to move from recruiter to sales (usually after 1 year)....so if you want to be promoted, you have to move into sales.

Lots of turnover in the past 2 years, hired lots of new grads and most were gone within 12 months. Turnover is in all areas (recruiting, sales, marketing etc...). Not real training, get on the phone and start billing.....

Advice to Management

Get a clue. If you want to get good reviews on this site quit asking/campaigning people to give good reviews (i.e. see the 2 almost identical reviews on 3/12/2012) and actually make it a great place to work.

11. Great place to work...

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Synergis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My co-workers are super talented...The compensation plan is very competitive...Leadership is involved and invested in our success!

Cons

No company is perfect by any means but I have to say that most anything that I would have listed as a con is something that I know management is working to resolve and make better!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

RSS Feed </> Embed