Synergis

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Doug Ross

Great company. Great leadership. Great teammates.

ProsVery experienced recruiting team. Company is growing. Started a new division and opened a new office last year. Experienced Leadership team that is very involved in the business and spends lots of time training, teaching, and asking for input. Top performers earn great commissions, bonuses, and incentive trip. Expectations are high, but fair and made clear. Not a place for everyone.

ConsWebsite and marketing material are out of date.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring great people who want to work hard.

Hard to Trust!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice offices for sales team and opportunites for incentive trips if certain goals are hit.

ConsAlmost a "us vs them" attitude when it comes to sales and recruiting. Very little trust for upper management with the exception of two former managers who are now gone! If you decide to go and work here I hope you are part of the "cool kid" group.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and honest with everyone! If you make a commitment to a customer or an employee keep it!

Oppressive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThe only good things about working for this company were that I got paid every two weeks and the office park in which it was located was beautiful.

ConsWhen I first started working at Synergis I thought it would be a wonderful place since they had recently won a "Best Place to Work" award. But the boss and upper management were terrible communicators and I was given no direction and received no job training - was basically just tossed into the mire. I worked at Synergis for two years, but was never given feedback or "atta boy", or even acknowledgement most of the time. It is a very toxic place unless you are a star recruiter or sales guy who brings in a lot of money for the company. Then they "love" you. Employees are afraid to speak freely and the whole atmosphere is oppressive. During the two years I worked there, there was a 50% turnover rate - people quitting or being let go constantly. It was pointless trying to get to know a fellow employee because they wouldn't be there for long!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no point giving advice to the management there; they don't listen and the don't care. From my perspective, the bottom line is the only thing important to them; human beings are not.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great colleagues.... Poor Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsFlexibility, competitive salary, great colleagues, get to go on a trip if you reach a certain amount of gross margin. Very smart CEO.

ConsNo room to grow within this company. You have no leadership from above. One of the managers actually fell asleep at his desk before. No help,advice or guidance from the managers who have been in the industry for a long time. A company that says they want to grow, but has no marketing material or anything to help differentiate themselves from the other staffing firms in Atlanta.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO needs to take back over the company and get more involved.

Staffing Agency that does NOTHING Different

(Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThe people in recruiting, are great and most of the sales and back office people are good. Leadership is another story....

ConsOwner hires management with the "yes" man mentality. He does not like to be challenged or questioned (the management that did this is in the past 2-3 years are no longer with the company). Comp is low base + commission; which is good....not great, not bad.

Sales people have offices and recruiters are in cubes (owner is a former sales guy). The only promotional opportunities is to move from recruiter to sales (usually after 1 year)....so if you want to be promoted, you have to move into sales.

Lots of turnover in the past 2 years, hired lots of new grads and most were gone within 12 months. Turnover is in all areas (recruiting, sales, marketing etc...). Not real training, get on the phone and start billing.....

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. If you want to get good reviews on this site quit asking/campaigning people to give good reviews (i.e. see the 2 almost identical reviews on 3/12/2012) and actually make it a great place to work.

Great place to work...

Sales (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMy co-workers are super talented...The compensation plan is very competitive...Leadership is involved and invested in our success!

ConsNo company is perfect by any means but I have to say that most anything that I would have listed as a con is something that I know management is working to resolve and make better!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Wouldn't work for any other staffing agency!!

Recruiter (Current Employee)

Pros- Excellent compensation and benefits - three weeks PTO (four after five year anniversary), 11 holidays, presidents club trip if milestone is met, company outings
    - Great people - we actually get along with no drama and are friends outside of work (I'm serious)
    - Large client base with lots of opportunities to fill jobs

Cons- Sometimes we have a lot of "to-do's" that get lost in the every day focus of placing candidates and satisfying our clients. We could do a better job of communication company-wide and follow up on ongoing projects. But that's all I can think of and I'm sure that exists in any company!

Great Company

IT Contractor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThey will do there best to find you the best fitting job.

Consnot a thing that i can say bad about them

Overall ok place, limited growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOppotunity to make good money, good place to gain experience as a career stepping stone.

ConsNo real career path, will do the same job for many years. 2010 winner of Best Places to Work, did not win in 2011. Lots of changes over the past year that have not been well received.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people do their jobs and stop worrying about whatever stats you look at from random organizations

Worked for Synergis? Contribute to the Community!