Synergistix Reviews

Updated February 12, 2015
16 reviews filtered by
2.8
Don Schenker

Not sort after company to work for...

I worked at Synergistix

Pros

A Privately owned company
    Very supporting co-workers who are willing to help each other. Its a sales force automation for health science company. Several big pharmaceuticals are their clients. Management encourages new ideas and ready to implement it if it is feasible.

Cons

Too late to enter into the Cloud technologies.
    Management is a bit close minded.
    Work environment sucks big time. they have picnic tables as desks.

Another bad company to avoid in South Florida

I worked at Synergistix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Above average talent in the lower ranks. Office building is modern (i.e. great facilities). They have a great kitchen area where employees can eat their lunch, or have some Cuban coffee. You can get your Cuban coffee fix at 3pm every day.

Cons

Where do I begin? The upper management is below average. They wall themselves off on one side of the building and never listen to their employees. They have a history of having mass layoffs in waves every 3-5 years to "clean house of bad apples". The irony is that the "bad apples" are the people running the company.

"Yes" men/women are welcome here. You can just read any five star review to see what the "yes" people working here think about the company. The culture is "your are with us or against us". Managers do not encourage independent thinking.

Advice to Management

You are either in business to make money or control people. Obviously, the latter is the case here.

3. Excellent company to work for.

I have been working at Synergistix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

First, if you are looking at our company as a potential employer, I suggest you speak with some current employees about the company, culture, etc. rather than a former employee. Unfortunately, not everyone is an all the way grown up adult capable of taking responsibility for their own fate! I’m sure some of those folks would not have many nice things to say about ANY of their former employers. Everyone gets frustrated now and then and needs to vent, just please remember, it’s called “work” not “vacation”. No company is perfect and no CEO can do everything to make everyone happy all of the time.

With that being said, in my opinion, this is a great company overall. Synergistix is a small company that is able to compete in the industry by providing innovative solutions and being cost effective. Salary in some positions are near industry standards others may not be as much. Small and cost effective means everyone has to get their hands dirty, there’s no room for passengers on this boat. You will be expected to pick up an oar and row. In regards to the dings against our leadership (no, I’m not one of them) folks need to understand that anyone running a company, whether a small private company run by its owning partners, or a company that has thousands of employees and spans the globe, when faced with a challenge in the organization will look at you, their employee in one of two ways. They will need to decide if you are a part of the problem, or a part of the solution. It’s really that simple. Yes, you can make mistakes, and your management may need to offer suggestions on improvement or even point you in a different direction from time to time, but, if you are part of the solution as opposed to part of the problem, in my experience (not just at this company) your management will usually work with you to help you achieve success.

The many pros of working for this company include competitive salary, close knit family like atmosphere, flexible work schedule and management that truly cares about their employees.

Cons

Although improvement in this area has occurred in the last year or two the company should continue to move forward with its current direction of holding all groups accountable within the organization, and empowering all team members engaged in providing customer service and satisfaction to communicate with customers. This has been a problem in the past, and fortunately one that has been recognized by senior management and is in the process of being addressed.

Advice to Management

For the most part, keep doing what you're doing. If continued growth and revenue allows, perhaps a bonus or profit sharing plan can be considered.

5. By far, this is THE BEST company I've worked for!!!!!!

Current Employee - Analyst in Middletown, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Middletown, NJ

I have been working at Synergistix (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked for many different companies (both large and small) in both the investment banking industry an this industry...this company is BY FAR THE BEST company I've ever worked for. Not only does the company care about their employees, but they care about their families as well!!! They also care about employee development!!! I feel very lucky to be an employee of Synergistix!

Cons

I've been here for 8 months so far and I do not have one negative thing to say!!!

Advice to Management

My advise to management is to keep doing whatever they've been doing because it works and it far exceeds every other firms I've worked at.

Needs new ownership

I have been working at Synergistix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about this place is its employees and how hard they work despite not getting paid fairly, no bonuses or any other type of good job whether that be saying it or paying it. This place truly has so much potential to be something great but with the current ownership, that will never happen since they simply do not care about their employees and try to lead by intimidation and fear. The nepotism and favortism that exists here is very real and will continue to happen until ownership opens their eyes and decides to make a change. They need to get rid of some of their male leaders since they provide no value. It is a good place to work if you just get out of college and want the experience to have on your resume. Their hr seems like the only ones who truly care about the employees happiness.

Cons

Uncaring, rude leadership this is their #1 problem. How did these two decide to open a business when they lack people skills. They only care about their clients happiness, you are just a number to them.
    No company growth with every client they win, they lose two.
    Very poor salaries no bonuses
    Not enough vacation time
    Health benefits are too expensive if you are more than a single person
    Outdated technology
    No room for advancement, you stay stagnent

Advice to Management

Read your company feedback and do something about it before you lose more good people.

7. Extremely Happy

I have been working at Synergistix

Pros

I have been working with the company for awhile now and I am amazed at what some of the people put in their reviews since they could not be further from the truth. I strongly believe that the people writing this non-sense were those that were fired for not doing their jobs well enough. Synergistix is a great place to work, the employees are extremely friendly, the executive team is very supportive and understanding and they are always trying to go out of their way to show employees that they are cared about whether it is through company sponsored events or lunches throughout the year, company picnics where your family is invited, encouraging promotions from within. Their interviews are very tough which can come across as intimidating for the less experienced, however their goal is to bring in the best of the best and find someone that is an overall well rounded fit within the organization since their company culture is very valued.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the environment can be more modernized and décor updated with stimulating colors. They don't pay the highest salaries, but they make up for it in other ways like providing flexible work schedules, a really nice time off program and a fun environment to work in with really nice people.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. You have a great company and it is always easier for someone to say something negative, rather than positive, especially if they were let go and didn't leave on their own terms. I wish more employees who are currently there would share their experiences.

8. Very Poor Leadership

Current Employee - Applications Programmer in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Applications Programmer in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Synergistix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no Pro's to working for this company other than being a relative to someone on the executive team. If you can't make it on one job, they'll move you to another job..

Cons

Salary is not competitive , very expensive insurance, leaders lack interpersonal communication skills, a sweat shop for some and Boys Club. The only female leader is in HR, which is different when you report to owners. They rule with fear and intimidation, talk about employees to other employees, allow others to do their dirty work , will lie to your face, offer no training, expect you to " bend" the truth with clients, and take NO responsibility for anything, except to pat themselves on the back.

Advice to Management

The reviews I've read here are true, except the ones added by what is apparently one of the team leaders. Bring in a professional management team. Be honest with your employees and customers.

Great if you have 0 experience and need to learn

I worked at Synergistix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the other employees are pretty decent, casual dress is a plus, their software is decent, along with most of the staff

Cons

everything, horrible work-life balance, certain teams have extreme advantages over others...were one group will work 60 hours without appreciation another would work 30 and receive praise, this ties in with management who doesn't care or recognize talent. If you want to work for synergistix and curious about your salary...look at the glass door salary range...they start EVERYONE at the lowest end, and claim that you need "synergistix" experience...and once you have some they will increase your pay...this is a huge lie, most get pennies for a raise per year, I wonder how they can keep any good staff.

Advice to Management

Kiss the back side of every employee who you have underpaid and still work there, and thank them for sacrificing their time to make you the big money then go back for years of work that they slaved for you, believe it or not a Happy employee yields strong results, those that are unhappy will do just enough to get by.

Good place but could use some work

I worked at Synergistix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and there is always food.

Cons

They aren't really into training and if you aren't one of the Database Administrators or Developers the upper management doesn't want to know you exist.

Advice to Management

Train and value all your employees, not just the ones that seem to be making you money.

Not a place you want to work

I worked at Synergistix

Pros

The employees are the best thing about this place.

Cons

Arrogant ownership who do not care about their employees, they sit in their offices all day and never come out. When they do speak, they are sarcastic and try to instill fear and intimidation in staff.
    Low pay
    No bonuses
    Favortism towards certain departments

Advice to Management

Show your employees that you care about them and that they are important.