Synergistix

Updated November 13, 2014
2.6

Don Schenker

Extremely Happy

I have been working at Synergistix

Pros

I have been working with the company for awhile now and I am amazed at what some of the people put in their reviews since they could not be further from the truth. I strongly believe that the people writing this non-sense were those that were fired for not doing their jobs well enough. Synergistix is a great place to work, the employees are extremely friendly, the executive team is very supportive and understanding and they are always trying to go out of their way to show employees that they are cared about whether it is through company sponsored events or lunches throughout the year, company picnics where your family is invited, encouraging promotions from within. Their interviews are very tough which can come across as intimidating for the less experienced, however their goal is to bring in the best of the best and find someone that is an overall well rounded fit within the organization since their company culture is very valued.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the environment can be more modernized and décor updated with stimulating colors. They don't pay the highest salaries, but they make up for it in other ways like providing flexible work schedules, a really nice time off program and a fun environment to work in with really nice people.

Continue doing what you are doing. You have a great company and it is always easier for someone to say something negative, rather than positive, especially if they were let go and didn't leave on their own terms. I wish more employees who are currently there would share their experiences.

I will never work for a privately owned company again. Very Bad experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Synergistix

Pros

I cannot think of one positive thing to say. Laser tag was fun, but even on employee appreciation day you have to work.

Cons

The executive team was the worst abuse of power ever witnessed. Overinflated egos, unprofessional, liars, users, terrible insurance, bad PTO/vacation. No leadership, no goals, finger pointers. They were increasing clients while not adding employees to support. A culture of intimidation. Really horrible culture.

Your greed and lack of standards will be your downfall

Great if you have 0 experience and need to learn

I worked at Synergistix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the other employees are pretty decent, casual dress is a plus, their software is decent, along with most of the staff

Cons

everything, horrible work-life balance, certain teams have extreme advantages over others...were one group will work 60 hours without appreciation another would work 30 and receive praise, this ties in with management who doesn't care or recognize talent. If you want to work for synergistix and curious about your salary...look at the glass door salary range...they start EVERYONE at the lowest end, and claim that you need "synergistix" experience...and once you have some they will increase your pay...this is a huge lie, most get pennies for a raise per year, I wonder how they can keep any good staff.

Kiss the back side of every employee who you have underpaid and still work there, and thank them for sacrificing their time to make you the big money then go back for years of work that they slaved for you, believe it or not a Happy employee yields strong results, those that are unhappy will do just enough to get by.

Good place but could use some work

I worked at Synergistix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and there is always food.

Cons

They aren't really into training and if you aren't one of the Database Administrators or Developers the upper management doesn't want to know you exist.

Train and value all your employees, not just the ones that seem to be making you money.

They don't value their employees

I worked at Synergistix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are good and there is good camaraderie between the employees. The facilities are modern and well located near major highways.

Cons

The management team is terrible. They use people as if they were a piece of equipment and get rid of it when they can find someone cheaper to replace them. They do not provide training or career advancement. If you are from an island 90 miles south of Key West, then you are guaranteed a job there; otherwise, they will get rid of you within a few years. Turnover is very high.

Why bother, since they do not listen to their employees.

Not a place you want to work

I worked at Synergistix

Pros

The employees are the best thing about this place.

Cons

Arrogant ownership who do not care about their employees, they sit in their offices all day and never come out. When they do speak, they are sarcastic and try to instill fear and intimidation in staff.
    Low pay
    No bonuses
    Favortism towards certain departments

Show your employees that you care about them and that they are important.

Worked at Synergistix for more than 4 years...

I worked at Synergistix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small company that punches above its weight compared to other companies.
    Good people.
    Competitive salaries.

Cons

This is a relatively small company, so you need to step up wherever it is needed. This can be a problem for many people.

Keep investing in your employees.

Good while it lasted

I worked at Synergistix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Good people - friendly
    - Casual dress - jeans ok
    - Flexible work hours
    - Healthcare
    - Cuban coffee shots @ 10:30am and 2:30pm

I really liked the atmosphere and the people. Everyone was happy to help if you needed it. They were doing a lot of neat stuff with iPad and mobile development. I keep in touch with a lot of ex-employees from this company. They liked the work environment and the people. They also liked that they could participate in the development of products and share ideas. A lot of places I worked don't give you any freedom. This place does, but you have to prove that you can contribute. Absolutely love the culture. A mix of Cuban and everything else in SFL. Cuban coffee shots were the best. Regularly and religiously every morning and afternoon. Lots of potluck lunches where everyone shares their favorite dish. It was a great place to learn and kick start my career.

Cons

- Need better training when starting
    - Need cheaper and better healthcare benefits
    - Get better documentation and work instructions

I was lost for a while when I first started. Could definitely use a better training program and documentation for on-going training too. Healthcare gets more expensive and you get less each year. Need more contributions from the company. There was a lot of work and not enough people. Need to hire more people to complete the work.

Share the knowledge and train your staff and you will be rewarded.

Only the desperate should apply.

I worked at Synergistix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Some good people working there in the lower ranks.
    - Casual dress.
    - Modern office space.
    - Good health benefits for you and your family.

Cons

The upper management is the biggest problem. Their offices are in a separate area away from their employees. They hire a lot of H1B workers for the high skills positions that can't leave without getting someone else to sponsor them. They don't plan very well, so they are constantly putting out fires.

A very low percentage of employees have been there for more than four years. They don't provide much training, and their documentation is minimal, so your best be if you are new there is to find the knowledgeable people and stick to them like glue.

Listen to your employees and don't treat them like assets that belong to you.

I Left as soon as I could - was a developer

Former Employee - Software Developer in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Synergistix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Casual-ish Dress code. Don't wear jeans or shorts!
    Friendly Employees
    Close to Sunrise
    Its a paycheck
    Health Care experience.

Cons

Arrogant Owners
    Close Door Policies
    Rule through fear of loosing ones job
    No training
    Horrible Desk / furniture situations, at one point I was working off plastic chairs.
    Cheap cheap salaries
    Old Computers to develop on.
    Extreme Lack of Trust of their employees, everything, and I mean everything is locked down, near impossible to do ones job.

I wouldn't recommend any of my friends work there. Their benefits are the lowest they can possibly offer. They offer the least amount of time off they can give, and forget tenure, even if you worked there 10 years, good luck taking more than a week off. They aren't flexible at all, they will tell you they are and then give you crap jobs and a hard time from that point forward. Owners never there, but expect the best results with out them being there. Management is all over the place. Development is stagnant, they are still using Classic ASP, etc. All Management and Senior developers are VERY arrogant and do not want any one to contribute unless it aligns with their ideas. It was a lot of work, for little money and I learned nothing new.