Synergistix

Updated May 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Don Schenker

Good place but could use some work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone is friendly and there is always food.

ConsThey aren't really into training and if you aren't one of the Database Administrators or Developers the upper management doesn't want to know you exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain and value all your employees, not just the ones that seem to be making you money.

Great if you have 0 experience and need to learn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe other employees are pretty decent, casual dress is a plus, their software is decent, along with most of the staff

Conseverything, horrible work-life balance, certain teams have extreme advantages over others...were one group will work 60 hours without appreciation another would work 30 and receive praise, this ties in with management who doesn't care or recognize talent. If you want to work for synergistix and curious about your salary...look at the glass door salary range...they start EVERYONE at the lowest end, and claim that you need "synergistix" experience...and once you have some they will increase your pay...this is a huge lie, most get pennies for a raise per year, I wonder how they can keep any good staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementKiss the back side of every employee who you have underpaid and still work there, and thank them for sacrificing their time to make you the big money then go back for years of work that they slaved for you, believe it or not a Happy employee yields strong results, those that are unhappy will do just enough to get by.

They don't value their employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsThe benefits are good and there is good camaraderie between the employees. The facilities are modern and well located near major highways.

ConsThe management team is terrible. They use people as if they were a piece of equipment and get rid of it when they can find someone cheaper to replace them. They do not provide training or career advancement. If you are from an island 90 miles south of Key West, then you are guaranteed a job there; otherwise, they will get rid of you within a few years. Turnover is very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother, since they do not listen to their employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a place you want to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees are the best thing about this place.

ConsArrogant ownership who do not care about their employees, they sit in their offices all day and never come out. When they do speak, they are sarcastic and try to instill fear and intimidation in staff.
    Low pay
    No bonuses
    Favortism towards certain departments

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your employees that you care about them and that they are important.

Worked at Synergistix for more than 4 years...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsSmall company that punches above its weight compared to other companies.
    Good people.
    Competitive salaries.

ConsThis is a relatively small company, so you need to step up wherever it is needed. This can be a problem for many people.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your employees.

Good while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

Pros- Good people - friendly
    - Casual dress - jeans ok
    - Flexible work hours
    - Healthcare
    - Cuban coffee shots @ 10:30am and 2:30pm

I really liked the atmosphere and the people. Everyone was happy to help if you needed it. They were doing a lot of neat stuff with iPad and mobile development. I keep in touch with a lot of ex-employees from this company. They liked the work environment and the people. They also liked that they could participate in the development of products and share ideas. A lot of places I worked don't give you any freedom. This place does, but you have to prove that you can contribute. Absolutely love the culture. A mix of Cuban and everything else in SFL. Cuban coffee shots were the best. Regularly and religiously every morning and afternoon. Lots of potluck lunches where everyone shares their favorite dish. It was a great place to learn and kick start my career.

Cons- Need better training when starting
    - Need cheaper and better healthcare benefits
    - Get better documentation and work instructions

I was lost for a while when I first started. Could definitely use a better training program and documentation for on-going training too. Healthcare gets more expensive and you get less each year. Need more contributions from the company. There was a lot of work and not enough people. Need to hire more people to complete the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the knowledge and train your staff and you will be rewarded.

Only the desperate should apply.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

Pros- Some good people working there in the lower ranks.
    - Casual dress.
    - Modern office space.
    - Good health benefits for you and your family.

ConsThe upper management is the biggest problem. Their offices are in a separate area away from their employees. They hire a lot of H1B workers for the high skills positions that can't leave without getting someone else to sponsor them. They don't plan very well, so they are constantly putting out fires.

A very low percentage of employees have been there for more than four years. They don't provide much training, and their documentation is minimal, so your best be if you are new there is to find the knowledgeable people and stick to them like glue.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and don't treat them like assets that belong to you.

I Left as soon as I could - was a developer

Software Developer (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsCasual-ish Dress code. Don't wear jeans or shorts!
    Friendly Employees
    Close to Sunrise
    Its a paycheck
    Health Care experience.

ConsArrogant Owners
    Close Door Policies
    Rule through fear of loosing ones job
    No training
    Horrible Desk / furniture situations, at one point I was working off plastic chairs.
    Cheap cheap salaries
    Old Computers to develop on.
    Extreme Lack of Trust of their employees, everything, and I mean everything is locked down, near impossible to do ones job.

I wouldn't recommend any of my friends work there. Their benefits are the lowest they can possibly offer. They offer the least amount of time off they can give, and forget tenure, even if you worked there 10 years, good luck taking more than a week off. They aren't flexible at all, they will tell you they are and then give you crap jobs and a hard time from that point forward. Owners never there, but expect the best results with out them being there. Management is all over the place. Development is stagnant, they are still using Classic ASP, etc. All Management and Senior developers are VERY arrogant and do not want any one to contribute unless it aligns with their ideas. It was a lot of work, for little money and I learned nothing new.

A great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunrise, FL

Pros-Company cares about its employees
    - Flexible work hours
    - Great benefits
    - Opportunity for growth

Cons- Work space layout can be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Thank you for your ongoing support!

Not the kind of place I want to work

Replaceable Cog (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

Pros-Casual dress code
    -It is a paycheck, however small
    -Healthcare, better than nothing
    -Most employees are surprisingly nice
    -That's it

Cons-Arrogant ownership
    -Inexperienced Management, by fear
    -HR unsupportive
    -Work-Life balance not supported
    -Company policies not enforced evenly
    -No positive recognition

Advice to Senior Management-Take a management 101 class
    -Employees are making you rich, treat them like it
    -Employees know more than you think

Worked for Synergistix? Contribute to the Community!