Synergy Enterprises, Inc.

Prachee Devadas

Quality versus process

Writer (Former Employee)

I worked at Synergy Enterprises, Inc. part-time for more than 3 years

ProsUpper management is experienced and mission-oriented. There are a lot of good things to say about the founder.

ConsWhile the management intent is good, many staff members seem to be in it for themselves, and not so much for the good of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to improve communications to the non-management staffers, vet the department heads better, and increase the opportunities for advancement and training.

Worst employment experience of my long, previously successful working career

Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Synergy Enterprises, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMostly good people work there. There are a few true professionals I would find it good to work with in another setting.

ConsI worked at Synergy Enterprises for more than three years. Everything stated by another employee is true. In addition, management turns a blind eye to years of unethical and unfair treatment by upper level management employees - in some instances, flagrantly, and to the point of abuse, unless and until the client complains. Similarly, frequent "gaffs"by less-than-sharp mid to upper level "professionals" are ignored forever if the client "likes" that employee.

Most salaries are low to begin with, and are sometimes cut arbitrarily, and without explanation (though likely, to give someone a bonus or raise), though these individuals are not fired! Cultural bias is applied subtly, but is obvious nonetheless.

The company opted out of the federal inclement weather policy a few years ago. This means no early releases even when the Federal government closes early, based on reports of worsening road conditions. SEI employees are charged leave for the resultant public transit delays and time needed to dig out cars. Of course the 2% of SEI employees paid the most opt to work from home that day, and don't lose leave or pay. This means 98% of the staff is penalized for showing up to work 16 minutes after the regular start time, and must still work without supervision.

Supervisors nominate employees for bonuses. Consistently, workers are singled out for recognition and bonuses based on a supervisor's personal preference for an individual, rather than a fair assessment of the initiative and performance of all employees under that supervisor. Once the preferred employee has been rewarded, no other nominations are submitted in future award periods.

Recently, the company changed health insurance carriers for the third time in as many years. The current policy carries a $2,500 deductible (a catastrophic level deductible that is tantamount to no coverage for most people) and high co-pays which still result charges, even for office visits. I can only guess what the owner will do under the Affordable Care Act in 2015, when businesses will finally be covered.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat comes around goes around. You can be fair TO EVERYONE, do the right thing and still make a profit, or let this all catch up with you.

Need to invest in training & infrastructure

I have been working at Synergy Enterprises, Inc. full-time

Pros- Generally there's a respect for work/life balance
- Casual atmosphere
- Flextime available
- Hiring is good; non-performers are let go instead of clogging up the works

Cons- No tuition reimbursement or paid training
- No guidance on skills needed to advance to next level
- Upper management isolated from employees (co-worker calls their area "Mount Olympus")
- Management in general not interested in the input or needs of lower level employees
- High-volume document production must be done in-house, but printers are old & break down frequently
- Benefits are anemic in general: health plan is expensive but network is poor; sick leave & vaca (combined) aren't great, plus we have to use it for snow days & office closures
- We can't accrue comp time, but have to use or lose by the end of a pay period (mostly because the accounting dept doesn't want to be bothered with it)
- And yes, favoritism galore!

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk us what we need to do our jobs well, instead of ignoring or talking down to us.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Synergy Entperises, Inc. (SEI), where are they now after 6 years.

Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Synergy Enterprises, Inc.

Pros-Possibility for advancement
-great recognition programs
-continuing education availability
-opportunity to learn
-in-service trainings available
-receive bonus for great performance on a per project bases.

Cons-lack of updated technology, software and hardware
-minimal office space--we are growing exponentially and need more space
-favoritism among senior level management

Advice to Senior Management-missing a human relations aspect in your management
-favortism is seen by all employees and cause demoralization of other staff

Worked for Synergy Enterprises, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synergy Enterprises, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Synergy Enterprises, Inc. CEO Prachee Devadas. All reviews posted anonymously by Synergy Enterprises, Inc. employees.