Synergy Flavors

Roderick W. Sowders

Great Company, Great Culture, Great Team Environment

Current Employee - R&D in Wauconda, IL
    Current Employee - R&D in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Synergy Flavors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was hired at Synergy in the past year, and have enjoyed working here thus far. The hiring process was very smooth, and I felt I was helped fully throughout. The position responsibilities are exactly what were detailed in the interview process and it has been an enjoyable challenge learning the business. My team functions well together, and embraced me when I joined. It's also nice to see the company values it's existing employees, and will promote from within the company cross-departmentally.

Cons

A challenge I see is location, it's somewhat of a drive and not too close to many residential areas. The company is also growing rapidly so parking, conference room space is very limited. I'm assuming this will be taken care of in the near future.

Nothing sticks out with me at the moment. I would like to see more informational type updates from the company, discussing outlooks, forecast, major achievements, etc.

Not high school anymore

I worked at Synergy Flavors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If there was a pro, it would be there in the food industry

Cons

The office culture was horrible and could not work as a team. Everyone had to find a way to throw someone under the bus. No accountability for others. Anyone in a management position was taken care of. Meaning trips paid for for there spouse down to Florida. But the real grinders were never awarded because management took credit for others work.

Personal growth was a non factor.

Treat your employees equally and recognize them for hard work.

Great Place to Build Skills to Use Elsewhere

I have been working at Synergy Flavors full-time

Pros

Working at Synergy is great. Management is always willing to share their wisdom and take the extra time to provide mentorship. The amenities and perks are excellent, the facility is beautiful, everyone is generally pretty sharp and competent, everything is flexible, and the people are accommodating and warm. It is a genuine pleasure to come to work everyday. It's an excellent place to learn from some of the best in the business.

Cons

Synergy has seen tremendous growth recently, but the employees haven't been able to share in that growth. Senior positions have been newly created in many departments, but they're filled by outside talent. It's demoralizing to witness, and it hints that sticking with Synergy isn't a good long-term plan.

Keep up the good work. It all starts with you folks. However, I'd strongly advise re-evaluating your talent acquisition methods. Promote someone. Doesn't matter who. Show the employees that Synergy is a place where you can actually build a career.

Innovative and Rewarding company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Synergy Flavors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are great people at Synergy who are passionate about what they do and are some of the best in the flavor industry. The management team at Synergy has created a great culture to motivate employees to perform. It is a financially sound, global organization with the technology in place for continued growth. Compensation is in line with industry standards and the bonus is great as well. Synergy has a genuine team oriented work force, and it's great to see employees working with each other toward joint success. I also enjoy all of the small things that the company does for it's employees, such as company picnics and multiple holiday parties. I like that Synergy is very involved in the community and regularly hosts Blood Drives, Food Drives and Holiday Drives to help underprivileged families.

Cons

This is a fast paced work environment. I don't see this as a negative, but if you are used to a slower work pace and do not have a sense or urgency, or enjoy challenging opportunities, this is not the place for you.

Continue to stay engaged with your team. Also, company wide meetings for all employees to give updates and inform them about whats going on in the business. During this meeting, we could also reviews any successes various departments have had that contribute to the business. Employees would feel closer to the business and appreciate what their role is in regards to Synergy Flavors as a whole. I think this would be a great way to build company loyalty.

I love the environment- it makes coming to work a pleasure.

I have been working at Synergy Flavors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Synergy is a fun place to work. I've worked for political organizations and it was a nightmare trying to get things done. No politics here. Management trusts the employee to make good sound decisions. Creative environment!

Love the new fitness center especially for the winter! New facility with great working areas.

Cons

Parking is becoming tight but I know management is working on expanding parking. Summer hours would be a great benefit though the company already offers flexibility.

As the company continues to grow, it would be great to keep employees updated with more company-wide meetings.

Confusing and Questionable.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Wauconda, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Wauconda, IL

I worked at Synergy Flavors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice people, small company, little office politics.

Cons

Management uses recruiting agencies to hire and fire at will. Management plays favorites.

One should be more sympathetic. I once saw an employee hired at an agency and last 2 days because he needed time to learn an ERP system. He was terminated that quick. This company uses recruiting agencies to hire and fire at will. It is sad to see very enthusiastic people let go. Please change this and commit more. People require more time to learn about functions than just two days. This is a ridiculous expectation.

Great Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Synergy Flavors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Positive and energetic company culture! Everyone is excited about the business, and it is a very collaborative work environment. The senior leadership team is very knowledgeable and willing to share information. I enjoy coming to work every day!!

Cons

Job responsibilities need to be a bit more defined for each role.

One on ones every month or so would be nice.

LOVE this place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Synergy Flavors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Professional atmosphere, exellent and innovative product line, knowledgeable employees, and beautiful new facility with top of the line and state of the art manufacturing and R&D facilities.

Cons

Limited hotels within a reasonable distance making customer visits more difficult.

Senior managment does an excellent job encouraging employee growth, I would advise to provide more formal training for new employees even though on-the-job experience is provided.

No Teamwork, No training

I worked at Synergy Flavors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At times flexible schedule, but highly frowned upon.

Cons

This is more of high school, were certain people click with others and gain up on people they physically don't like or are threaten by the persons knowledge. Lack of teamwork and training within the environment.

Work with people and give them opportunities to grow within. Get more involved with your employees and have monthly one-on-ones