Synergy HomeCare

Synergy HomeCare Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great company and even greater co-workers!

Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Lafayette, LA

ProsExtensive orientation, use of newer technologies for documentation, great benefits, and an excellent support system.

ConsMust have strong experience in Medical-Surgical Nursing as many of the patients are elderly with many co-morbid conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould use more one-to-one time to learn Oasis part of documentation and come up with ways to shorten these processes.

Unclear Compensation and Expectations

Community Relations (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsConcept is great. Franchise owners learn more about the business than staff.

ConsNo communication. Unknown or unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to compensate your staff equally to other companies in the same industry. Work with staff and communicate effectively. Be present in YOUR business. Do not expect staff to always pick up the pieces. Hire a staff that works hard, but don't take advantage or expect them to work 24/7. I have enjoyed my experience here, but my thought of running a business includes being present and available when needed.

Synergy was a great experience

Patient Caregiver (Former Employee)
    Birmingham, AL

ProsI meet different families.....I got to work with various of patients. They taught me a lot and I taught them things as well.

ConsThe hours for the job was only 4hrs. The company was a non medical and there was nothing you could do in a crisis.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good company to work for.

Receptionist (Current Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsAfter 3 months you do have some good benefits even part time.

ConsThe pay could start a little higher.

Promoting People's Independence By Enabling Them To Age In Place

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsI was able to make a positive impact in many people's lives (both clients and caregivers). For our caregivers, it gave them the opportunity to gain experience and provide for themselves and their loved ones. For our clients, it allowed them to remain in their homes while still enjoying life and getting the help they needed.

ConsThe home care industry serves its clients 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so it's pretty challenging to find a reasonable work/life balance. Also, at this office, we did not receive any health insurance benefits of any kind. The compensation offered did not match the time/effort commitment expected.

Would recommend the service, but not the job

Direct Care Staff (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsDefinitely provides an important service to customers (i.e., basic care, supervision, companionship for at-home clients or 1-on-1 supervision for clients in nursing homes who need continual redirection; transportation to doctor's appointments also provided).

ConsRequires prospective employees to pay their own money (I paid nearly $200) for background checks, fingerprinting, first aid certification and uniforms. If you have had a recent background checks through a different company, they will not accept them. If you are in nursing school, you still need to pay for the first aid class even though you obviously know first aid.

Worse: the company texts you the night before and 2 hours before your shift. Both texts need to be responded to immediately or you start getting calls and risk getting fired. So hope your phone doesn't die. And if you work till 11pm and have another shift at 7am: you are expected to wake up at 5am and reply to the texts.

Finally: they don't set up direct deposit for 6 months. I wasted so much time driving to the office and waiting in line to get my checks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees.

A Decent Company - IF - Each Franchise Business Owner Has Previous Experience in a Medical Field.

Certified Care Giver (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsDecent Office Staff, Wonderful and Appreciative Clients that Expect Kind and Hard Working Care Givers, Easy Work for Most Care Givers

ConsCan Be Disorganized if Franchise Owners Do Not Understand the Business and Industry Standards. Schedules are not coordinated to minimize travel time and expenses. Not enough work for those who want more than a few hours. Some Owners Lack the Knowledge to Manage Properly.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf You Are Considering Buying a Franchise in This Industry, You NEED to Have a Medical Background to Truly Understand Your Clients Needs or This Is the WRONG Business for You!

Synergy Homecare

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Lexington, SC

ProsSynergy Homecare is an excellent franchise, and has excellent computer developed web application as to customer data entry, tracking, etc. Very easy to learn, and very user friendly. Caregiver process very well thought of, and paperwork is very straight forward.

ConsThere are some franchises that are flourishing, and there are those that are not. This is a revolving door where you quickly gain clients, and quickly lose clients as they either pass away, or recover. It is a very demanding revolving schedule, that takes a fine balance of matching up caregiver personalities with client personalities, and often there is a conflict. Once a caregiver has a conflict with a client, the caregiver is penalized and left waiting for another opportunity to gain a new client. Or caregiver loses a client due to death or illness, and has to wait for a new client to be signed on and this could add days or weeks before you regain the hours that you lost. There are more former caregivers who worked at this location then there were clients signed on and receiving care.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to maintain a franchise location, it takes commitment and a willingness to look for leads and sign on clients. When you lose your desire to look for leads and clients, your franchise feels the strain, and your caregivers are hoping for more hours. Allow others to look for leads, contact potential clients, and empower them to exceed and thrive. Micro managing all aspects of a franchise simply does not work.

Worked for Synergy HomeCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synergy HomeCare reviews and ratings. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Synergy HomeCare employees.