Syngenta Seeds

Be The First To
Add Photos

Syngenta Seeds CEO Michael Mack

Michael Mack

Developed Health Safety and Environmental Management program for seed production and manufacturing plant.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBroad support for health safety and environmental programs as an organization. Local leadership especially engaged in the effort.

ConsPersonnel resources. Rely too heavily on contract labor.

Advice to Senior ManagementLocal expertise not fully relied upon or utilized.

Production Tech,

Production Tech (Current Employee) Phillips, NE

ProsGreat people, Great job if you like working weird hours/ random hours. Good benifits.

ConsHours for work change throughout the year never can make plans too far ahead because you never know if youll have to work. 3 months out of the year it is impossible to get off of vacation

The positives are also the negatives

Sales Representative (Current Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsGood people. Industry leading products. Thoughtful leadership. Tons of opportunity.

ConsIndustry leading products that no one knows about due to lack of marketing. Thoughtful leadership that is slow to react and change course.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a great place for working with invoative people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsI like the environment of the workstation. Green and confortable. People are nice and they work as a team.

ConsThe hiearchy of the management is not clear and somehow overlapping. So a better management sturcture is needed.

Excellent company to work for!

Key Account Manager (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsCorporate structure leads to thoroughly thought our decisions and direction
    Investment in employees in terms of training and career development
    Benefits
    Company is very financially stable
    This is a great company that has the vision to provide food and other resources for a growing population into the future.

ConsCorporate structure leads to thoroughly thought our decisions and direction- This at the same time, not very nimble to react to changing market demands/ conditions

Advice to Senior ManagementNone- Job well done. Keep investing in your employees and they will continue to reward you with their performance. The frameworks system works, but tends to slow down some of the decision making processes along the way.

There is a great opportunity to learn

Research Technician (Current Employee) Longmont, CO

ProsChallenging, never boring, and something new every week.

ConsFrequent employee turnover and work associated stress

Decent place to work despite heavy corporate processes

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work hours
    Nice work environment, pleasant people!
    On site (small) workout facility w/ showers
    Try to keep (good) contractors long term

ConsPermanent employees share little/nothing of the vision and overall objectives of the company w/contractors.
    Mandated corporate processes are heavy waterfall- provide little value add to software development.
    Rather than hire existing skilled and proven contractors for full-time positions, they hire external!

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate career opportunities for your contract work force.
    Streamline your heavy processes.
    Empower local (as in RTP vs Basel) management to make decisions.
    Too much politics vs value added discussions occur.

Overworked Little Pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet lots of experience and get to see the world.

ConsAsked to work 70+ hours most of spring summer and fall

Short Term Project

Analyst (Former Employee) Longmont, CO

ProsFun short term SAP project. Very relaxed and cool office. Met in converted house. People were really nice and the industry was fascinating.

Conssome access to internet was restricted. Had to go to coffee shop to get youtube for research. Windows machines were on Vista which was limiting. Bummed the project for me ended.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work.

A great summer job

Crop Management (Former Employee) Janesville, WI

ProsVery competitive pay, outdoor work environment, relaxed management. If you're a hard worker opportunities for additional work, late into the season, will be presented. I found this work to be far more enjoyable and relaxing than any factory job, so if you need seasonal work don't pass a job like this up.

ConsSeasonal work, little to do during bad weather. Some may not like the fact that you work with people of all ages; meaning high school students, to individuals in their forties.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Syngenta Seeds? Contribute to the Community!