Synnefo Technology Solutions

Updated February 23, 2015
Updated February 23, 2015
2.0

CEO

Great place to work to gain exposure to cutting edge technologies

I have been working at Synnefo Technology Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Synnefo is owned by a much larger Systems Integrator, this provides exposure to some really cool training, access to manufacturers, and access to trade shows. The consulting work here is challenging and fun. I like to learn new products and systems, and increase my knowledge on the products I have already worked with. I get to do that here.

Cons

As a team we are often spread out. Team building is done mostly virtual. We do have an internal conference once a year, and a team meeting once a year.

Understand that being a consultant is challenging, and we have to be on our A Game.

don't even bother

Pros

close parnership with VMware and Forsythe.
    Lots of short span projects.
    Being a Forsythe employee has its perks.

Cons

they work as an outsourcing agency, you're just a number for the upper management.
    There's no work and life balance. If you travel they expect you to be at the customer site between 8 and 9 am on monday morning and leaving on friday afternoon.
    more than 40 hours of work a week are the norm.
    Training is just an unfulfilled promise.

Horrid company. Move on.

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Synnefo Technology Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent salary. Serves as a cautionary tale to others.

Cons

They will lie to you like you're a date on prom night.
    You will be promised bonuses that never materialize. You will be put on jobs that you have no idea how to do with no training or preparation. You will have zero insight into anything that is going on, but be expected to constantly update them. Project managers are a joke. Travel policy is absurd and childish. Benefits are alright. Don't trust them at all. Some of my expenses would take 6 weeks to complete. They mostly hire junior level people that don't know any better. If you're one of them, just know that other companies are better. Almost all of them.

You're probably making a ton of money, so why would you bother changing. If you ever wanted to make this place better for consultants, there's a ton of things you could do. But you won't. And they will leave, like I did, for much better companies.

UCS Consultant

Former Contractor - UCS Consultant in Ashburn, VA
    Former Contractor - UCS Consultant in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Synnefo Technology Solutions as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I didn't find anything.No advantage to your career and sometimes it leads to debacle.

Cons

I worked as a consultant in synnefo. Before Joining in to the project they informed me that expenses will be paid and it was clearly mentioned in email. After Joining in to the project they didn't paid my expenses. They didn't approved my time sheet. I spent around 1000$/week as an expenses. This was a huge loss to me and I'll never work for synnefo in my Life time.

You know how to use people without paying anything..That's Great!!

Full of opportunities and options.

Current Employee - VMware Consultant in Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - VMware Consultant in Skokie, IL

Pros

Projects come and go quickly. New environment all the time.

Cons

Might be asked to work from any location.

Keep on with what you're already doing. Showing love for the people that work for you!

Do NOT work here

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

- Pay is above average
    - Wide exposure to virtualization projects (assuming you are skilled in all areas)

Cons

- You are only a dollar amount to them, they do not care about your personal growth
    - No training unless you consider a .pdf and a link to video files = training
    - Your request of travel/local work/residency projects are ok'd initially then once you start they don't give you the option
    - No internal communications within workers
    - Mgmt never returns emails/calls
    - Bonus requires almost never taking any time off per quarter
    - Partners do not get the 'good' contracts usually
    - Upper Mgmt Extremely unorganized
    - No company structure - You don't know who you are working for (internally) on a per project basis
    - Lots of 'bait and switch' tactics with customers - "Just get the job via interview then we can switch you out after a few weeks' is common
    - Consultants are assigned as PM's who have never done PM's job, but are sold as PM's....

- Provide REAL training, not a pdf file and a link to videos
    - Be honest with customers/employees about project requirements