Provides a good work/life balance, mostly an un-stressed work environment(in 66 reviews)
The work environment is exciting and there are a bunch of new challenges every week(in 40 reviews)
gt;) Limited opportunities for growth(in 12 reviews)
There is not much room for career growth for the CAEs(in 16 reviews)
Pros – 1. Great Company to work for
2. If you want to innovate, you can always do it as long as you do it in secret as there are peers and espeically your immediate management people who want to project to their senior management that all the innovation happened under them although they did nothing to it.
3. Good overall employee care
4. Corporate management is very good. They are mostly transparent and value their employees.
5. Work environement is decent
6. Flexible working hours
Cons – 1. Totally pathetic middle management. All most of the first or second level managment does is to satisfy and promote things that will help their own promotions and name.
2. Pretty much zero initiate within the teams to mentor others and provide innovative challenge.
3. Mostly awards and promotions are based on political strings and rarely due to performance/output
4. First/Second level management does not focus on creating good work ethics and environment although the corporate management works that way.
5. More per customer centric. Innovation should be tapped at every level. People are more involved in getting their name rather than showing ethical leadership qualities.
6. Risk taking is very bad. All that is considered is whether the immediate owner will grow or not.
7. If an new idea is projected to immediate managment, most likely it will be shot down and in the background the immediate manager would project the same to higher managment, the same idea as his own creation.
Advice to Senior Management – The middle/low management needs to be empowered and recognition should be based on output and customer success. Team culture and mentoring should be encouraged at every level and innovation should be encouraged. Basically, new process to force such culture should be enforced by corporate management.
Pros – - Best in EDA
- Excellent senior management. They know where they are going.
Cons – - Extremely slow growth. Average promotion after 4 years regardless of quality and dedication to work.
- Due to this mid-level-to-first level management devotes time to promote themselves alone.
Advice to Senior Management – Most employees look up to CEO Aart De Geus, a man of great vision and integrity, an exceptional leader. Excellent top level management specially top 5-6 people. Mid-to-first level managers must care, spend time with and listen to leaf level people.
Pros – Good benefits, stock, health insurance, company perks, holidays, etc.
Stable company with lots of cash. always meets targets
Cons – No growth, industry is shrinking, competition is fierce
Mature company, innovation limited, status quo preferred.
too many level of management
Advice to Senior Management – take more risks, don't be afraid to branch into other industries.
promote new ideas, new business model, even internal competition.
Pros – Solid financial performance in a negative environment
OK work hours for a high tech firm
Some nice people
Cons – Career paths do not appear to exist at Synopsys, there's little career progression, and the opportunities for professional growth seem highly limited.
Advice to Senior Management – If the economy picks up, Synopsys managers will need to look for ways to retain good people. Right now, there aren't enough carrots--rewards such as raises, educational opportunities, career paths--which can create a very discouraging work environment. It shouldn't be necessary for people to get job offers elsewhere to negotiate being more valued by their company.
Pros – Good people
Great work life balance
Opportunity to develop something new is far based on which product line you are on.
Cons – Lowballs compensation
Hidden agenda when recognizing and rewarding people
You have to chase your promotion and raise constantly and/or threaten your existence in the company
You can stagnate and get into niche for years
Advice to Senior Management – What happened to the results of the Global Survey which came out saying recognition and salary were to top most dissatisfaction of employees? What was done to address this?
1 person found this helpful
Pros – - Flexible work schedule
- Competitive salary
- Telecom allowed
- Good benefits
Cons – - Need to master company politics and make contacts outside of your team to survive
- Do not care about employee's technical growth
- Like to hire very senior people and many of them are here to retire
- Too customer centric
- Lack of personal office
Advice to Senior Management – Too many unreal promises.