Synopsys Reviews

Reset
5.0
Synopsys Co-CEOs Dr. Aart J. de Geus and Dr. Chi-Foon Chan
Dr. Aart J. de Geus and Dr. Chi-Foon Chan

Pros
  • Good work life balance at company (in 67 reviews)

• Work environment is excellent & benefits are good (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance needs to be improved (in 10 reviews)

• Limited career growth and below average job satisfaction due to the highly reactive nature of a career in EDA (in 17 reviews)

1. Marketing Intern

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Synopsys as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company and good exposure! Very friendly people. Lots of opportunities available and great connections made. Very open to youth and young/creative ideas

Cons

No formal intern program for marketing (at the time). If you don't ask for more work or opportunities you won't receive it. But they are very open and welcoming once you ask them. They love young people in the office as most of the people in the office are older

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. If I were to rank every company that I worked for in 25 years, Synopsys would rank #1

Former Employee - Executive Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Executive Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Synopsys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rewarding work, Outstanding benefits and salary. Top tier product line. The management cares about it's employees and has developed a work environment that fosters inovation and free thinking. Management is always open to new ideas from employees.

Cons

There is a sense among employees of yearly impending doom. The belief is that your position is only secure for a one year period that ends just before the annual corporate meetings. I often heard it said "Well I got my ticket to the meeting so I must be safe for the next year".

Advice to Management

While my tenure at Synopsys was the highlight of my 25+ year career in semiconductor/eda arena, I would suggest to management that they work on developing a sense of security about an employee's position.

RSS Feed </> Embed