Syntel

Syntel Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Syntel President, CEO, and Director Prashant Ranade

Prashant Ranade

Pros
  • Lots of Onsite opportunities for long term and as well as short term(in 66 reviews)

• Good work environment , excellent client exposure(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is negative if you manage client relationship(in 18 reviews)

• no work life balance,stretch hours are hectic at times(in 10 reviews)

Syntel as a tier 2 company is good. Chance of getting your visa initiated is good in(with) some accounts/clients.

ProsChances of visa processing in some accounts

ConsVariable pay is always not payed fully. lack of technical experts or go getters, poor hike (Note: some of these could be specific to an account )

Please do NOT join Syntel US. It will demolish your career and professional learnings

Technical Specialist (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsOnly thing I would say that they provide good salary to US hires (May be because of their small brands and people need something to override that)

ConsIt is full of Cons
    1. Unprofessional staffs
    2. Poor work culture
    3. Unfriendly employee policy
    4. HR does false promises then ask for proof while do the claim of that. Take everything in writing
    5. Frequent relocation and that too with a poor relocation benefit. If you are a family person I STRONGLY advise not to join this company. I am having a small kid and they relocated me 3 times with in a year. The reason is they don't have grip to clients since the Senior management like client relationship managers are worthless. Therefore they only get small projects and then you got to relocate.
    6. No value of your voice. If you speak logically and managers will try to prove their superiority by imposing their decision on you without hearing your points.
    7. Client doesn't have any respect for a SYNTELLER. I saw a client speaking differently to SYNTEL folks and behave gentle with TCS folks. This happens because Senior management just enjoy their position and do not try to build strong relationship with clients. The bonding never created.

Until you are in a position to being jobless please do NOT join Syntel

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to follow process properly. You claim yourself as CMMI V company and just showing during evaluation but indeed do not follow it. You do not have a proper resignation system. Your application doesn't function properly therefore things are getting controlled manually and creating issues/confusions.

Do a continuous leadership awareness program to your worthless managers and make them understand what professionalism is. Off course you can implement this if you have sufficient professional in your company. I don't think you have.

Try to set a feasible target in all level. You have set a target to become 2billion in 2015.
    A company which established in early 80s is not event a 1 billion today. how come you expect to be 2 billion by 2015?? Your target become a joke to every employee. This is not a sales firm that higher target achieve high result.

Senior Analyst Programer

ProsGood for freshers. Good onsite oppurtunities in some projects.
    Senior do listen to employee complains.

ConsVery bad apprisal system. Lot of favouritism.
    The HR system looks gr8 on paper.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease improve the apprisal process and need to address the employee concerns more often.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not good from employee benefits

Project Lead (Current Employee) Cordova, TN

ProsRelocation amount is somewhat ok

ConsPoor Health Benefits
    Relocation Policy is Bad
    No proper management

Don't keep high expectations

ProsCompany will offer good package while joining, good joining bonus and moving costs.
    Good company to start with, you will get good exposure. There are few long term projects if you get lucky you may get to stay at one location.

ConsMay not keep all promises given during joining, get everything in writing.
    Lack of professionalism, main operations are at offshore so you will see some delays in process.
    100% Moving expenses for offshore resources is not covered. This is ridiculous policy.

good exposure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood experience with varied business areas

ConsThe company lacks enough motivating factors

Syntel is OK for 2-5 year of exp people

Pros9 hours working
    get Appriasal on time

ConsNot good appraisal
    Sandwitch holiday is the worst policy in this company

Dont join in USA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou will get your salary delayed by 10 days but you will get it.

ConsUS hires are treated bad by all staff as they earn more money. Very bad health insurance. Too much politics, people go to an extent to sabotaging projects to prove they are valuable.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the resources who deliver, try to reduce politics. Try to eliminate Syntel Inc and LTD differentiation of employees. Inc Employees are treated as second class citizen.

Tech Lead..ETL Developer, USA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood salary. Everything is good until you are on a project.Insurance plan for US hires is good for bachelors..not for family

ConsLess projects.Once you are out of project..they will force you to join any project even not matching with your profile. They will simply terminate you if you spend more than two weeks on bench.H1B will be screwed up and you have to go back to India.No concept of employing US hires to india.HR just lie at time of recruitment.They never want to co-operate with you to get a new project or at least hold your H1B until you find a new job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTerminating in US can ruin someone's whole US career.Please be respectful to the employees who leave big companies in USA and join you.Your HRs simply lie at time of recruitment

Great place to start a career but not a good place to stick around

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsGreat entry level opportunities if you are starting an IT career.

ConsStagnant career growth. Too much politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more employee friendly.

Worked for Syntel? Contribute to the Community!