SynteractHCR Reviews

Wendel Barr

Feel Valued; This Organization goes the extra mile for customers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My contributions are valued and executive management cares about us; colleagues are smart and hard working; there are many experienced professionals in this organization who are very proud of the work they do on behalf of clients, and work hard to provide strong support; good work/life balance with flexibility for personal events, telecommuting; I hear the words Thank You, and Great Job regularly

Cons

Compensation package is a bit under par compared with other CROs; training opportunities have been limited; the investors are too involved

Circulate more within the office

Mar 13, 2015Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you are part of the SynteractHCR family and representing our Company!

Great company, and we're hiring. Consider joining us!

I have been working at SynteractHCR

Pros

Every touch point throughout the interview process and every step of my onboarding were flawless in their execution. For the most part, this company runs like a well-oiled machine. It’s clear to me that I’ve joined a team of seasoned professionals.

Cons

The need to meet billability targets can make finding time for the completion of non-billable, yet still important, activities a challenge.

Continue the renewed focus on employee engagement and we've got nowhere to go but up!

3. I love my job I love what I do and I feel appreciated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Even though I am a lower level employee, I still feel that my job is important thanks to my manager, and she keeps me in the loop at all times and I appreciated. Very casual environment, flexible hours and mostly everyone telecommutes at least one day per week. If you telecommute, equipment is not provided to you - but if you work remotely 100% then equipment is provided to you (computer/printer/company mobile device and monthly internet stipend).

Cons

Not a lot of people interactions, there should be more social events/celebrations. The christmas social event needs improvement. Also, no holiday bonus.

Maybe think of renting some office space to save money, there's so many cubes/offices empty. Its a beautiful building but save money and use it for employee incentives/rewards such as holiday bonuses.

Mar 13, 2015Human Resources

Our employees are the key to our success and at the forefront of our values is Our people make a difference. Thank you for your everyday efforts.

5. Good company but needs to improve benefits for employees, such as 401K and Profit Share

Current Contractor - CRA
    Current Contractor - CRA

I have been working at SynteractHCR as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, casual dress code, great location. It's a good start to gain experience

Cons

No training, 95% focus is on billability

Best way to reward and show that you recognize your employees can be by improving benefits for your employees - maybe a generous Profit Share payout at the end of each year? Many companies are doing this and you have to stay competitive if you want to retain your current employees and to attract new one's as well.

Mar 25, 2015Marketing

Thank you for your review. We continuously strive to improve our total rewards and employee experience.

Great CRO to work for

I have been working at SynteractHCR

Pros

SynteractHCR is the best CRO I have worked for. They care about the employees and you don't get lost in the numbers like many larger companies. The management team is very accessible and approachable. I haven't been here too long but It seems like they try to promote from within the company.

Cons

My commute is a little longer than I would like.

Mar 13, 2015Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We're happy you are part of the SynteractHCR family and that you are representing our company!

Thank you for your everyday efforts.

Flexible, promotes within and great company culture.

I have been working at SynteractHCR

Pros

SynteractHCR has been a great company to work for. They provide telecommuting options to employees, which is very helpful in the summer when traffic is bad. SynteractHCR promotes within in and encourages personal/professional growth. I have a supportive supervisor, who has been a great mentor for me.

Cons

Moral is low, would like to see more employee engagement activities.

Mar 27, 2015Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are grateful for the continued commitment of employees and strive to improve the business and in turn the employee experience every day.

So far I love it!

Current Employee - Clinical Trial Assistant in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Trial Assistant in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's only been a month but so far I really enjoy it. Everyone works Monday-Friday, the pay is great with really good benefits (including pet insurance) and lots on PTO. It seems to be the norm for people to take at least one day off a week. Right now they have the 'summer' schedule which allows you to work 8 9hr days and then get a free day off every other week. The culture is business causal with causal Fridays. They are all very hands on and really care about your training and molding you to be a good employee.

Cons

In my department they haven't had a new hire in a while so some of their training is a little rusty but everyone is very young and just needs you to ask lots of questions.

Keep up the good work.

Mar 13, 2015Human Resources

Used to be great, bleak outlook for future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time

Pros

Great lower-level co-workers, casual attire, work-from-home opportunities

Cons

AS OF 2014, EMPOYEES NO LONGER GET MERIT OR COST OF LIVING RAISES!!!! The harder you work and smarter you are, the more crap that gets dumped on you. There are NO rewards for a job well done and no motivation to be dedicated or try your hardest. Deadlines are next to impossibe and usually require unpaid overtime. Promotions are few and far between and you have to do the job of the position above your's for a least 2-3 years (without increased pay) before you're even considered.

If you reward your employees for a job well done and promote appropriately, you wouldn't have the incredibly high turnover rate. Then the money you have to spend on hiring and recruiting could be spent on merit and advancement raises.

Mar 27, 2015Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you feel this way. We see a great future at SynteractHCR.

Great commitment to employees - felt valued.

Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at SynteractHCR full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was a lower level employee but still felt valued

Cons

The only con I can think of would be that the entry level training was scattered. I learned a lot on my own.

none

11. Culture and HR

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee relationships, casual attire, company events, location,

Cons

Executives are not working closely with workers, promotions are nonexistent unless you are already a Sr. level employee or manager. Human resources department needs to be completely redefined.

Spend money where it is truly needed. Increase your human resources department so that they can actually handle their work. Human resources was always behind, and blamed other departments for their own shortcomings. This is particularly true for the head of the department as well as recruitment and employee promotions.

Mar 27, 2015Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We strive to improve the business and in turn the employee experience every day.