Synygy

Synygy Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Synygy President and CEO Mark A. Stiffler

Mark A. Stiffler

Pros:
  • "Great culture, work environment; clear organisation, good managers"
    in 14 reviews
  • "You learn a lot by doing, but there is usually a more experienced person to help you when you get stuck"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior Management requires to create level two in the organization"
    in 4 reviews
  • "The work can get repetitive at times and more training opportunities would really help"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Exciting, fast-paced place to work

Managing Consultant (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Synygy full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLots of hard-working, smart co-workers. Interesting projects and problems to solve.

ConsCEO is challenging to work for -- low capacity for emphathy, places little value on fairness, does not appear to value win-win solutions, can be spiteful

Synygy Con

I have been working at Synygy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork & clients are good

ConsCEO need to be more adaptive.

A real review

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Synygy full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThere are smart people working at Synygy as one of the founders built a strong recruiting model that has continued, even though that founder left the company some time ago. Unfortunately, those smart people are pretty much fodder and work much longer hours than they need to from executive level mismanagement.

ConsThere are many, the crux of the issue all comes back to the owner and founder who doesn't seem to have any interest in finding a way to run the company for growth or profit. Keeping the company as-is funds his own lifestyle, though at the expense of opportunities for people working there. Interestingly, since leaving Synygy I've come across many successful former employees, so now I realize that the recipe for success at Synygy starts with leaving the company. I was also shocked to see as many positive reviews as there are on Glassdoor. I didn't find many positive employees while I was there - I'm guessing the HR department has been busy!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only positive future for the company is if it could be sold and a new owner could move out the current management and run it to realize the market opportunity that exists - so my advice is "sell!".

Stay away- this place is a revolving door!

I worked at Synygy full-time for more than a year

ProsDefinitely the people...nice coworkers and a fun working environment. Very flexible place to work.

ConsChange for the sake of change. 3 reorgs in the last 2 years, no company direction, extremely poor leadership and project management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out where the company is going and how to get there before implementing changes to the structure. Also, develop a real training program for new employees...the current one is laughable. People need real training and direction in the first 6 months, otherwise they become obsolete down the line. Synygy is losing top talent by poor development of employees and constant change to their business model. I don't think they will be around much longer if they continue these trends.

Business Analyst.....

I worked at Synygy full-time for more than a year

ProsThey have a pretty reasonable, competitive and Good interview process. It is multi level interview process.

ConsA lot of politics goes on in the company. It is not a good place to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less diplomatic

If you are in sales this is the worst company to work for!

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Synygy full-time for more than a year

Proslocation is the only pro I can think of for this company

ConsEmployees are dismissed in a similar fashion as summary executions during the Holocaust. No reason given, no advanced warning, no attempt to get the employee back on the right track if they stumble, no coaching.....nothing. Once hired, the employee will be told by other associates to avoid HR & if HR comes into your office & close the door when it opens you will be walked to the door. Management operates using fear tactics to get productivity from the staff. There is no carrot in this company!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people with respect & dignity and you will reap the rewards in revenue.

Good coworkers but poor leadership, execution

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Synygy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCoworkers, legacy. Synygy generally recruits capable people and enjoys some legacy benefits of its length of market within the ICM space.

ConsVision, leadership and execution. Corporate leadership seems to lack or is unable to communicate a clear vision for the company. The leadership organization struggles with a commitment to a well defined and communicated strategy, professional management, consistency within operations, and employee training. Continuous operational changes and a reactive approach also contribute to impaired execution and inconsistent performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt industry recognized standards and best practices, a more professional corporate culture, and improve chronically poor leadership, effectiveness.

A fish rots from the head

I worked at Synygy full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart co-workers, friendly people who really want to do the right thing.

ConsIf you are offered a job here don't walk away....run. The company is completely lacking direction and focus. The recruiters outright mislead candidates about income potential. The CEO inserts himself into every aspect of the company's operations and causes havoc. When he is not harassing his employees, the CEO spends his time openly bashing his competition on financial message boards. I suspect the majority of positive postings on the site are false postings by him or his minions. Senior sales leaderships goals are not tied directly to account managers, so there is complete misalignment and lack of accountability. They portray themselves as innovators when in fact they are a technology laggards.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutives need to be held accountable for company performance. Follow through on a strategy and on deliverables to employees.

Good place to cut your Professional Services teeth, BUT don't stay too long.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Synygy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSynygy is a good place to cut your Professional Services teeth. Working on implementations or smaller sized outsourcing projects are the safests places to be.

ConsGrowth opportunities are few as CEO seems satisfied running company at current revenues.

Recent org changes have left me puzzled; culture has become much more internally CYA focused. I have begun an active job search and don't plan on staying to see how things pan out later this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more connected and involved with the ongoing business. Moving the HQ offshore to Singapore and having the CEO live there away from the core business hurts. Senior Leadership at US HQ (Chester, PA) does not lead well - often away from the office with general disinterest in professional services.

Synygy is a good place to start your career"

Professional Services (Current Employee)
Chester, PA

I have been working at Synygy full-time for more than a year

Pros- Culture is amazing with a lot of fun
- Great people with good skills from which you can learn a lot on your area
- professional flexibility and opportunity for growing within the company

Cons- Lack of training on both soft and hard skills (no-training seems to be a type of managing set by the company President)

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more learning opportunities in both a formal and informal way.

Worked for Synygy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synygy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Synygy CEO Mark A. Stiffler. All 129 reviews posted anonymously by Synygy employees.