Sypris Electronics
www.sypriselectronics.com Tampa, FL 150 to 499 Employees

Sypris Electronics Reviews

Updated May 26, 2014
Sypris Electronics – Tampa – “Main Entrance to Sypris Electronics”

John J. Walsh

The job was great, my supervisor was horrible.

Work Director (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsThey were great to me, gave me good raises every year. It was an interresting place to work and i learned a lot working there.

ConsMy supervisor for part of my time there was very unfair. I complained about him severl times and i was told it would be taken care of but that never happened. While i was there at least.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the employees that you have that you KNOW are doing a good job for you, and do what you can to keep them happy.

The company is disorganized and is investing in too many things

Finance (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsThe company has some great technology and manufacturing capabilities. They specialized in LEAN and the Toyota Process System. We produced some great products and ideas for products.

ConsWe did not know how to deliver. We preferred to plan, re-plan and then explain to Louisville about our plan but were never held accountable for not delivering our plan. We never hit our targets, we blamed everything on the customers or lack there of. We were quick to have an excuse. We also always wanted to invest in every new technology that we could sell, but never enough investment to make a difference in any one technology. We were great at research, but poor at development.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick one or two areas for pursuit, and kill off the rest. Pick one or two horses to win, not the whole field. The management has too many layers. Why do we have so many VPs, Sr. Directors, Directors, and Managers? Do we have any employees?

Worked with PMO, Supply Chain, Quality, Negotiations, Engineering, Compliance and Configuration Mgmt.

Contract Administrator (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsWorking with highly intelligent individuals.

ConsMany contracts were lost to competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more positive in keeping quality employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good People to work with, Inconsistent Corporate Direction

Tampa, FL

ProsThe opportunity to create new products to serve an important market within the military and security community.

ConsConstant change of focus as to the company's near term direction and goals. The location is in one of the worst areas of the city so it is a fair commute if you want to live in a decent neighborhood.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time on the other side of the wall in order to get a clue as to what is going on within your company. There are less than 250 total employees, you don't need a president, 6 Vice Presidents, 10 Department Managers and a Plethora of Specialists

Complacent and lacking spirit of innovation

IA Engineer (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsAllowed me to make meaningful connections within related industries. Achieved personal and career growth within an excellent team of colleagues and middle management.

ConsSenior leadership were too isolated from the organization to communicate effectively. The end result was turnover and failed projects. Interdepartmental politics were crippling.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster organizational innovation, don't stop chasing improvement, but don't make change the scapegoat for universal failure.

A very non-ethical company

ProsNext to Busch Gardens and USF

ConsNext to Yingling Brewery, No career advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the CEO and staff, sell the company

Stuggling to stay relevant

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsMidcap company with good corporate owners. Local management seemingly capable, employing latest management concepts.

ConsCompany has lost market share and has undergone numerous management changes from mid level through senior positions. Seemingly unstable work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on core CCA mfg business

There is the Syrpis way, and the Right way.

Tampa, FL

ProsGreat location to work; some great employees, very knowledgeable.

ConsExecutives have no respect for efforts of others, and organization has lost its identity.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop blaming subordinates for performance deficiencies.

Lost It's Identity

Tampa, FL

ProsTraining opportunities are good, co-workers genuinely look to perform to standard, and everyone takes pride in the company and their work.

ConsCurrently the company is in a state of flux, as are some of their customers. Improved contracts negotiations could be the difference this company needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget about why you do what you do...

Worked for Sypris Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sypris Electronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sypris Electronics CEO John J. Walsh. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Sypris Electronics employees.