Syringa Networks

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Greg Lowe

A great place to show what you're made of!

ProsMy observation of this company is that they hire the best and then get out of their way! This works great if you are self initiated which I am. The benefits are awesome, some of the best out there in fact. The company puts a lot of emphasis on integrity and I just love that about them. There is a sense of unity with my co-workers that I haven't experienced elsewhere and it seems that most employees are happy to work here. I'm very fortunate to have the opportunities I've been given while working for Syringa Networks and I've grown and learned so much since I was hired. If you are looking for a challenge and appreciate mentorship from executives and upper management, this is a great place to get it. My experience is they do their best to develop their employees. If an employee is struggling to gain their footing, upper management seems more than happy to help get that person back on track where another company might simply let that employee go. That is important to me because it shows that the company puts great value in its employees and appreciates what they bring to the table.

ConsEvery company has cons depending on whom you ask, when you ask them and how the project is going that they are currently working on.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

An honest company with vision

ProsBenefits are exceptional, best I've ever seen. The company has a vision, has drive, and holds it's employees to 3 core values: Partnership, Community, Integrity. These things are what is keeping this company growing, and will make it successful.

ConsPersonalities and management styles of upper mgt are polarizing. You will either appreciate it, or get offended. This is the only reason why some former employees might be complaining.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are already working on this, but there is a need to update employee on-boarding process as there is a lack of instruction for new employees.

Consider yourself warned

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsLots of great people work there, company has a way of recruiting great employees. Benefits are really good and relatively inexpensive, decent PTO and many departments are flexible. Able to work from home...

ConsAble to work from home...in addition to your regular hours. In a nutshell, it's a job in a town with a crappy economy. They pay as little as possible for most positions and there is no set raise schedule (in other words there are no raises). No work-life balance, middle management chokes on an "atta boy". The CEO is only concerned with profit and will do anything to get his numbers, despite a 20% attrition rate. Gets great talent but can't keep them more than a year or two. It's sad because there was potential to this company and great talent but it's being wasted.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new leadership, someone more concerned with quality than lining their own pockets.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible company. No ethics. Terrible turnover. Bad management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTime off is the only good thing.

ConsEverything else. Micro management from the top down. Good old boy club. No recognition for anyone except engineering or sales. Expected to sell your soul to the company. Greg Lowe, the CEO, does not care anything for his employees, only his bottom line. He has no issue working employees to death and not rewarding. He actually said in a company meeting that unless you're willing to give up your life and family for the company, you're not going to advance. Over 20% attrition rate a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire Greg, Rick, Ron, Larry, and Bachchi. Horrible managers and people.

Company, Team, Individual. In that order.

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsStrong company growth, even through recession.

Fast pace, network footprint will roughly double in size by 2013

Bleeding edge, at least for the area.

Unbelievably good insurance, especially if you have a family.

Locations in Boise and Salt Lake City, so good for outdoor enthusiasts.

ConsSalaried employees will end up working way more than 40 hours a week if they don't set clear boundaries. Tier 1 and 2 support consists of warm bodies answering the phone, so the burden of troubleshooting falls on the engineering team.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have dogs, not kids. It shows in your management style.

Nice people.

ProsSmall company with a wide variety of work.

ConsCompensation is low compared to other companies.

Solid, aggressively expanding, customer-centered, employee-appreciating, solution-oriented company.

Pros-Customer-centered business
    -Unbeatable employee benefits (e.g. LASIK, ID theft protection, high 401k matching % , health, dental, life, etc.)
    -Relaxed but focused work environment
    -Aggressive and intelligent leaders who enabled the company survive and thrive during a recession
    -The products and services offered are high-tech, greatly needed by businesses, and will be needed for the foreseeable future.

Cons-There are only office locations in Idaho and Utah (although the expanding fiber-optic network may necessitate more offices in surrounding states in the future).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Syringa Networks is an awesome company to work for.

Worked for Syringa Networks? Contribute to the Community!