Syslogic Reviews

Tina Chang

1. Software Engineer

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lutz, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lutz, FL

I worked at Syslogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small shop lending towards a great atmosphere on personal level.

Cons

Fewer varying contracts lend to less opportunities and scope for movement laterally and growth upward.

2. Bodyshop

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Syslogic full-time

Pros

There were some good people on staff that had entrepreneurial tendencies which was the spirit the company wanted to embody.

Cons

No direct deposit. Reviews were not performed annually as promised at time of hire. Mandatory weekday and weekend meetings, with employees being made to make up their billable time at their assignment.

Advice to Management

Treat people as you would expect to be treated. Meet your commitments. Your product is your people, don't forget it.

3. The right people doing the right things for the right clients.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Syslogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Executive talent is top-notch Consultants are exceptional in their domains Client engagements are interesting and challenging Business is focused on healthcare, financial services, and government

Cons

There can be some bench time when first hired Local footprint only means no travel opportunities Local footprint also means fewer opportunities to engage global clients

Advice to Management

Expand beyond the Milwaukee area and continue to grow.

5. Top-notch colleagues + caring leaders = great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Syslogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm continually impressed with the quality of consultants that get hired here. It's nice to know that your coworkers will have your back when you are assigned to a project -- whether it is an internal research/development effort, or something for a client. The fact that there are several long-time consultants who have been here for years (some for over 10 years) says a lot about the company. I like that management tries to foster a sense of community with quarterly business meetings and consultant / client happy hours a few times a year...it gives me a chance to catch up with coworkers who are working on different projects. One of the guiding principles of the company is to care about the community, and I have to say this is genuine. The company does fundraising campaigns for UPAF and United Way each year, and employees are also encouraged to share information about the nonprofits they are supporting. My own amount of charitable giving and awareness of community issues and nonprofits has definitely increased since I started working here.

Cons

Compared to my previous job at the State, the benefits here are not quite as generous (but there have been so many cuts to State benefits over the last few years that who knows...they might be on par now).

Advice to Management

I hope that as the company continues to grow, management is able to continue the small-company feeling.

6. A Bodyshop, no more, no less

Former Employee - Consultant in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Consultant in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Syslogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job and helped pay the bills. They paid on time without issue.

Cons

Busted my butt doing all kinds of overtime and NEVER got any recognition or extra pay. This was considered "non-billable", so essentially I gave free labor. Company meetings are "non-billable", so you give up your personal time without any compensation.

Advice to Management

I highly recommend that you make sure that salaries are in line with hourly billing rates (potentially make up the difference by spot / seasonal bonuses).

RSS Feed </> Embed