Sysmex America Reviews

John Kershaw

Sr. Developer

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work for

Cons

Grew too fast and had to lay off

Don't lay off for no reason

Sysmex is a company with outstanding technology and products...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

I worked at Sysmex America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Sysmex is a company with outstanding technologies and products benefitting the end-user and making a positive difference for patient outcomes. The company is a mid-size enterprise with loyal employees creating tremendous growth and replacing the number one competitor in its industry. It is attempting to diversify into related clinical areas such as molecular with hematology as its core business.

Cons

Sysmex has recently lost its direction creating friction between senior management and its employees by not promoting from within and creating political and personal silos within the company. Senior management has neutralized the gift of longterm, loyal employees with political and personal agendas counter to the growth of the company - the CEO is MIA and not leading the company effectively. Longterm employees are choosing to leave the company rather than fight senior management personal agendas.

Knock down your silos, neutralize your political and personal agendas and have the CEO lead the company again. Stay true to your company policy of promoting from within and provide equal opportunities to your current employees.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS DISHONEST COMPANY AS A TEMP.

Former Employee - Warehouse Depot Technician in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Depot Technician in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at Sysmex America as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is decent. Decent product. There are very few positive things to say if you work as a temp in the SNAP area in their Buffalo Grove warehouse.

Cons

First off, I originally applied directly to Sysmex for a permanent, full time position with benefits as a Warehouse Depot Technician. I was then later offered a job and I, of course, accepted the job offer. After I accepted, I was then told that I would be contacted by a temp agency and the job would be for 1-3 months. So they pulled the bait-and-switch on me to start off with. I accepted the job since I had already been out of work for quite some time and since it was only going to be for a few months. The problem was that the job kept going on until September, 2014. During this time they kept saying they were going to try and hire me and the other temps, over and over again. Finally, after having been there a year I asked when I was going to get hired on because I have been there a year, and I wasn't getting any vacation pay or holiday from the temp agency(Advanced Resources out of Northbrook, IL). Keep in mind that this position is mostly manual labor in a hot, humid warehouse with a lot of overtime required. I was told by upper management that they don't have to hire me and that I am still required to work the 50+ hours of overtime per week. So, the reason for the negative review is because I was lied to in the beginning, lied to throughout the year, and strung along so that they could get cheaper labor and not have to pay out benefits for a position that is obviously meant to be permanent. My advice to anyone reading this is to not come in as a temp but rather try to get hired upfront. Otherwise, they will lie to you and string you along. The upper management at this company are two-faced and under any circumstances NOT to be trusted.

GROW UP!!!! If you want your contractors to stay with you long-term then learn to keep your promises! The best thing this company could do is to fire ALL of the upper management and bring in some honest people who know what they're doing.

It was a good Experience

I worked at Sysmex America full-time

Pros

Good work culture exists in this organization.

Cons

Due to the duration of the contract , have nothing to comment

Better than most companies

I have been working at Sysmex America

Pros

Opportunity for growth and benefits.

Cons

Broken processes and people not willing to change.

Outstanding! Wonderful company to work for; great people, great place.

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, Global leader in its chosen field, very few firings due to selective hiring process, outstanding training and community. Intelligent, thoughtful leadership.

Cons

A little slow to recognize when to fish or cut bait regarding internal technology. While core products are sound, not the most technologically advanced, but extremely interesting to work on.

Really not much, management is really great. I would say they could communicate strategy a little more loudly, a little more clearly...but that's a minor criticism.

good, missing the vision though

I have been working at Sysmex America

Pros

benefits, gym, market leader, great technology, ethics

Cons

silos and lack of department visions

listen to all ideas, don't hide behind fear of inadequacy

Sysmex America Inc.

Former Employee - Systems Test Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Test Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sysmex America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, interesting work, Japanese Owned Company - they try to follow Japanese business model. They allow a lot of telecommuting positions which are great if you like that sort of thing - I did.

Cons

Long work hours, not enough support staff, too many people hoarding knowledge to secure job position.

It's hard to balance life and work in this company at times.

They provided me with many opportunities to help me grow to the person I am today.

Former Employee - Project Specialist in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Project Specialist in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Sysmex America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It sounds cliché, but it's all about the people. Everyone is very passionate about the products and the company as a whole and it shows in everything they do. The products are the best in the industry. The new product line is even better than the previous one. So long as the company can maintain their previous culture, they have no place to go but up.

Cons

There are times when they are moving very fast which places a lot of stress on the best of the best in the company. They are often overworked, however, when times are tough and stress levels are high, that is exactly when the teams pull together and work miracles.

Listen to your people. When they cry uncle either slow things down or get them more help.

Great company to work for, great company overall.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Sysmex America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The employees here are top notch - Smart, friendly, feels like a large family.

Compensation.

Our CEO knows my name - I'm not just a number.

The work we do is important - I don't feel like I'm wasting my time.

Cons

Management takes "Do more with less" to a new level. The company's employee base has grown over 3x since I've been here (and of course, the customer base as well), yet the support staff has grown only marginally. The company is so focused on growth that the back-office support is often overlooked and expected to keep up with the ever-increasing workload.

Poor-performing managers/directors are kept far longer than they should.

No real chance to advance unless someone leaves.

Fix cons, but overall, keep going. We're heading in the right direction.