Systel Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Manish Madan

Friendly and nice staff to work with

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Cary, NC

I have been working at Systel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and nice staff to work with.

Cons

I had to give up $1/hr to get benefits and they don't offer any type of PTO

Advice to Management

Offer PTO

2. Resource specialist

Current Employee - Senior Resource Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Resource Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Systel full-time

Pros

Training programs were good, on technologies java , Hyperion

Cons

promotions, benifts, leadership team werer good

Undervalued

Pros

In my role I am able to be out in he field (territory) 3 days a week. I am able to meet with potential clients and discuss their business and their goals. I am able to do a comprehensive analysis and offer solutions to help improve efficiencies and/or elevate productivity. Most of the time I able to offer solutions that can reduce or control costs and handle pain points they may not have been aware of. I act as a consultant to help them focus on growing their business and to reduce concerns with workflow management. I am thrilled to be able to have such a comprehensive suite of products to help companies thrive.

Cons

The biggest challenge is trying to learn a new field with very little guidance from seasoned reps. The sales executives are very divided. The seasoned reps or inaccessible and all though there are many resources within the company, they are so overworked that it is very difficult to engage them in situations. As a new sales executive, it Is very difficult to stay positive and focus on growing my client base due to the gross underpayment (base salary). This company, on average pays $15,000 less per year for a base salary than most every other company in NC. As so many of us feel under appreciated and under valued we have trouble finding the strength to survive the first 6 months. There is no assistance to help a new rep, monetarily, while they are on ramp up. Also, at .30 cents a mile for using our personal cars to work it is a real strain to keep my vehicle maintained and gassed up. All technicians get company vehicles which they have to drive until it reaches 200,000 miles, but those of us bringing in the business are treated poorly. Honestly, I have gone into debt these first months trying to build my business. We have been out of the office almost three weeks in the first 3-4 months for training which again does not lend to growing our business. if we were treated with respect and taken care of, productivity would increase. I have to use government funded assistance just put food on my table and keep a roof over my head.

Advice to Management

Valued employees who can focus on their jobs... Will work harder and smarter for you if they aren't trying to figure out how they are going to put gas in their vehicles, food on the table and clothes on their back. At another job when my pay was much higher I was so much more productive and willing to go the extra mile for my company. I still always sing the praises of the company that paid fairly and awarded me along the way. Stop talking about how many houses you have and how inconvenient it is when you have to fly your private plane to a branch. We are literally having to borrow money and go in debt to work here. We have to use government assistance to make it through these early months and I assure you you are not creating a warm enviornment where we will fight for this company or you. You are creating tension and resentment. A fair wage or even a base salary higher for the first year as we develop our client base would go a long way to company loyalty and creating a work enviornment that will breed success. And for the love of god in the first 90 days (again where people are most in need) don't refuse to pay us for a holiday and not give us the option to work. Missing a day of meager pay is much more impactful than you can imagine.

5. Great company

Pros

Systel is the best company I have every worked for.

Cons

Promotions and worklife balance are limited

6. Sr.JAVA Developer

Former Employee - Lead Java Developer in Flo, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Java Developer in Flo, TX

I worked at Systel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Marketing team is good, but lack of gaps between them

Cons

eed to increase the number of Direct clients, bcz at the time of hiring they used to say ,we have openings with direct client, but so many layers between them...

Advice to Management

please do not play with OPT candidates

Pain in the Behind

Pros

They have none that I'm aware of and I would never work for them. I do not know how they have been in business so long.

Cons

They insult certified and experienced IT Professionals by offering entry level wages; and then lie saying that it's their clients offering those rates... They email you roles in which you have no experience... Just because I have experience supporting iOS devices does not make me a Developer... You ask them to stop calling and they have someone else calling you for same position. I spoke to 6 Systel reps in one afternoon...

Advice to Management

Research what the local rate is for the type of role you're recruiting for and be available to take complaints or concerns. Learn about compliance and train them to your constituents.

I will not recommend this company to international students.

Former Employee - Java Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Systel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No company is totally bad... Just couldn't uncover pros. - they are good at searching for opportunities. - for the sake of their investment, they will do everything to minimise loss.

Cons

- Make lots of promises they can't keep. - Prey on the vulnerability of international students as they are looking for opportunities to get their immigration status sorted out. That't the main reason they go a long way to get international students rather then permanent residents. - Corporate culture is just not right. It's all about out right exploitation. You just go with the flow because you need a job and you need to make ends meets. You will be tempted to break the contract, pay them off and leave after a few months of work (after all you would have made the necessary money) - No one seems to want to take responsibility even for the most basic stuff. - Will get your blood pressure so high because of uncertainty. Etc... I'll let you find out for yourself.

Advice to Management

Do not prey on the vulnerability of international students... It's no wonder you guys are nit growing very much.

I will not recommend it especially to international students. Use them as your LAST resort; at the verge of Armageddon.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Systel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very Good with words. - It teaches you what NOT to do when you run a company.

Cons

- Poor corporate culture. It's all about business/money. You are just but a pond. - Little to no significant relationship between upper/ middle management and employees. - Poor communication. You stumble on crucial information by chance. Moreover, few seem to want to take responsibility of even basic tasks... which again leads to waste of time. - Good at preying on the vulnerability of international students. International students watch out. You don't have the luxury of time as do the citizens (I am sure you know what I mean) - Watch your stress level and blood pressure like someone rightfully said. You can get a stroke especially; international students.

Advice to Management

- Value employees, step up your corporate culture, it's not just about money. People work to make that money. Treat the people who make the money well. - Do not play on the intelligence of highly educated people and think that because they keep a smile, means they are STUPID. - Finally ask yourselves, WHY SO MANY BAD REVIEWS?

Not a good experience

Current Employee - Data Center Analyst in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Data Center Analyst in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Systel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pros that I had at this company were my coworkers and the client we worked for, they had a good dining facility and nice people that worked with the client.

Cons

From the very beginning this job was a complete disaster and I passed up a lot of jobs to work for this company because of how good of a client they were working for. I didn't get paid for over a month because of the the disconnect from HCL and the contracting company I worked for Systel Inc. these companies don't care about their employee's one bit. I will NEVER work for either of these companies again!

Advice to Management

Leave before this company ruins you!

Stay away from Systel, Inc. for the sake of your own health.

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Sugar Land, TX

Pros

Their product line is one of the best and has the potential to be great if they can find the key to getting along. You have unlimited potential at this early growth period of the company, you just have to be willing to step up to the plate and accept responsibility for all decisions made.

Cons

In fighting and playing the blame game has forced everyone at this company to become afraid of making any decisions on their own. Now everyone wants approval from someone else before they will make a move, even if it is within their job description to be responsible for a given task. Stress at this company runs so high you will develope high blood pressure if you don't already have it.

Advice to Management

There needs to be defined goals for the company and an equal distribution of the responsibility of reaching that goal delegated to the middle managers. With all the middle managers fighting for their own departments and laying blame on others, you will never get everyone pulling in the same direction. The stress and discontent is so high it impairs the ability of the company to make real money.

RSS Feed </> Embed