System One

Troy Gregory

Contracted Position

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Hershey, PA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Hershey, PA

I have been working at System One as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great hourly wage and very helpful in finding a suitable position. Position I was given lead to a full time position with the company I was working for.

Cons

Only negatives are that there aren't any benefits included. They do offer some very expensive healthcare plans. Only other negative is that its hourly and don't get paid time off.

Contract Engineering work

Former Employee - Stress Analysis Engineer in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Former Employee - Stress Analysis Engineer in Cranberry Twp, PA

I worked at System One as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Paid timely every week. Payroll and other staff readily available. Located in the same building as the client. The flexibility of work hours, primarily due to Westinghouse management, was a great convenience.

Cons

System One does not pursue raises even after years. Too much single client dependent. There are practically no benefits for the contractors.

Add paid holidays to match the clients. Add vacation hours per pay period.
    Provide a clear cut guidelines for semi-annual/annual salary increase.

Great team environment

I worked at System One full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

lots of communication, growing company, company trips are always great

Cons

Commission and salaries could be higher

Give more incentives

Challenging yet comfortable and very flexible.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at System One full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very intimate company. I know that if I ever wanted to pick up the phone and call one of the CEO's or COO's I could. I have the ability to brainstorm and grow creatively.

Cons

Not much training. Processes changing without being made aware of them.

Have an idea of what your employees do and show that you value key employees.

Great Working Environment as a Direct Employee of the Company

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at System One full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great office and location. Company provides all the latest tools and technology to help us do our job well. As long as one performs, you are left alone to do your own thing, but within a team environment. Little wasted time with meetings. Great comraderie in our office. We often do social events as an office; lunches, holiday parties, picnicks, etc. Local VP runs her own desk, very fair and hands off, but always willing to help. As a recruiter, love putting people to work and this job and this company helps make that happen with the resources that we are provided.

Cons

No real room for me to grow as my manager will likely be here as long as me, however love what I am doing so it doesn't really matter.

Keep on growing and doing what you are doing. Last years sales & recruiting conference was great and helpful to meet the rest of our colleagues from around the country that we network with.

Adapted poorly to administrative demands of client, caused headaches for staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at System One as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Weekly pay, onsite representatives, decent (though expensive) benefits package.

Cons

With any staffing contract where contractors are embedded alongside employees, the workplace environment is created largely by the client. The large client to which I have been assigned forced sweeping work schedule changes on its contract force. It's the adverse end of the old love/hate cycle.

SO's mid-level administrative structure proved incompetent in carrying out the changes and communicated their efforts poorly if at all. SO contract staff suffered through a variety of screw-ups relating to pay and benefit plans, and recovery has been slow. Official policies are still ill-defined. To be fair, SO now has many diverse contracts in multiple cities, so this may be an isolated case.

Always remember that your contract talent is your lifeblood and pays your salaries. Alienate them at your peril.

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at System One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As an internal recruiter for System One, I find the resources that I am provided to do my job second to none. Beyond the technology, the nationwide network of recruiters provide me with a vast resource to help fill almost any position that my clients send my way. The company's motto is to try to say yes to out of the box opportunities if they make sense. My manager is great as is the office environment. Work with a great team.

Cons

After 4 years at this office, I couldn't be happier with my job so don't know what to put here.

Keep doing what you are doing. Read these reviews and try to address if there are any shortcomings, but many times the low pay or other negative comments are a result of the clients pay and requirements.

A company that offers great opportunities for a new career start in energy.

Former Employee - Blade Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Blade Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at System One as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The money and having the opportunity to travel and get hands on experience in the field.

Cons

If you just coming out of school and you don't have enough experience or lacking certifications in a certain position it can keep you from working.

Provide additional training that your school or previous experience didn't offer to give those employees a chance to get there foot in the door.

Easy to work for employer

Current Employee - Analyst in Hershey, PA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Hershey, PA

I have been working at System One full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very little interaction with contract employees. Online systems in place to take care of hours, benefits, etc. 401k plan with match. Negotiates fair rate for health insurance under a group plan.

Cons

No paid vacation. No paid sick time. You pay full price of health insurance.

Do something to involve/thank your contractors. We bring in a lot of money for you and yet even an annual picnic is not held to appreciate us.

I was not well represented.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

I worked at System One as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

They paid promptly and allowed me to retain my 1099 status as a contractor.

Cons

The account rep did not know well what I did and when my contract was in jeopardy, she relied on third-hand information which she did not communicate to me properly. I felt blindsided and sold down the river for a cheaper resource.

If you plan to be a staff-augmenting company, learn how to be a better advocate for the staff you place. I don't think the account rep is the right person to do the "HR" thing with the staff. Wrong skill set.