Systems Alliance

Updated September 3, 2014
Updated September 3, 2014
3.8

Ric Hughes

small business at it's best

Former Employee - QA Tester in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - QA Tester in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at Systems Alliance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great team, environment, hours. if possible, they give you what you need to grow/learn, and make something awesome!

Cons

sometimes stressful, but that's normal for anywhere.

company is so small, it's not always easy to come forward with questions/concerns.

Great Culture Because of C-Suite Leadership

Former Employee - Senior IT Recruiter in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Senior IT Recruiter in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at Systems Alliance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome culture, collaborative, I had 2 of the best bosses I've ever had in my staffing career. Employees are very passionate and love what they do which sets the tone for company culture. Not clock watchers, not micro managers and certainly want you to succeed. Overall, it's a wonderful company to work at and if you're one of the lucky few who get selected to work there, you won't be sorry.

Cons

If you're a recruiter: Web technologies/Software firm with small staffing business. BDM's mostly sell the Web technologies/Software/IT Infrastructure Projects, but staffing comes 3rd. They need a dedicated BDM who knows the staffing industry and has sold staffing services.

None. They do a wonderful job of managing they're employees.

A Place to Grow

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at Systems Alliance

Pros

Systems Alliance offers employees an entrepreneurial environment where if they apply themselves, they will find opportunities for career growth and advancement.

Cons

Though the company's management encourages a harmonious work-life balance, the company's work culture does not.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Systems Alliance

Pros

The CEO is brilliant and works harder than anyone in the office. He also makes time for all employees to discuss performance, provide feedback, and also will provide assistance in various work tasks.

People in the office generally have a good sense of humor and are pretty laid back.

Cons

The PS team does not always manage projects effectively, and marketing activities are generally random and ineffective. Some meetings are time wasters.

Several areas of the business are understaffed: the PS team needs to grow, and there needs to be a VP of sales to free up the CEO for more management and project delivery opportunities.

Low Stress, Interesting Work, but in the Boondocks

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks Glencoe, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks Glencoe, MD

I have been working at Systems Alliance

Pros

you get a lot of autonomy to execute your work, which is a mixed blessing perhaps because you also don't get a lot of attention either if you are unsure how to approach what you are doing so you really need to scream for help in that case; opportunity to switch work to another business area (e.g. Professional Services to Software Products); relatively low stress environment

Cons

location, location, location; processes taken for granted in larger organizations, particularly timely reviews and feedback, are a struggle; projects are too small so projects managers end up managing lots (5-10), rather than one to three large projects; lack of integration and focus between business areas where one eats into the other's revenue rather than providing opportunities for synergy

communicate more information to people outside of management; be proactive about raises

Don't work there

I worked at Systems Alliance

Pros

I disliked it, but that doesn't mean everybody would. Pros are that it's a small company and there's room for growth and promotion if you fit in there.

Cons

I saw a lot of people get fired there in a relatively short amount of time. After leaving there, I had several people voluntarily tell me terrible things about the company. A very penny wise and pound foolish company.

Don't nickel and dime employees or business partners.

Systems Alliance Photos