Systems In Motion

Systems In Motion Reviews

Updated May 7, 2014

Neeraj Gupta

Business Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood co workers. Has the potential to be a great place to work.

ConsNo real leadership, would grab contracts then rush to fit bill. Very political organization. Left hand never knew what the right hand was doing. They have a strong foothold in 2 companies and that is there bread and butter.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and work as a unit not individuals.

Great Place to Learn and Grow.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsProjects are up to date, not necessarily bleeding edge, but very cool tech stacks to work on.
    Incredible Flexibility.
    Fun, nerdy atmosphere.
    Solid management and opportunities to grow.
    Very relaxed and low pressure, but it may depend on the team/project.
    Plenty of opportunities to work horizontally on different technologies.

ConsConsulting work so yeah some projects are better than others etc. Standard consulting cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new office building, starting to get crammed.

Great place to work!

Senior Developer (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsThis is a fun, fast paced, and growing place to work. The balance of work and family life is the greatest perk for working here. However, you need to be a driven person to succeed here. So only if you're looking to progress in your craft should you apply. The talent here is very high! If you fit that description and love having a good work/balance life then i cant think of a better company to work for. Plus the management is supper supportive and the HR department is bar none to any company I've worked for.

ConsThe only con I can see in the foreseeable future is the company is growing so fast we might run out of parking spaces. So parking could be a nightmare one day for the Ann Arbor office.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with poor career paths

ProsSmall size. All US employees.

ConsImproper management, poor growth options.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees without trying to insert your own thoughts or judgment

No growth opportunities

ProsMay be an average place to start as a fresher.

ConsAny other bodyshopping company.Not sure how many of the reviews here start with "Great..."

Not what they want to be.

Developer (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsGreat people, really open to helping with whatever you need, monthly events for people who need some fun, sometimes you work from home without anyone even questioning it.

ConsLow pay and old code. You wont get paid a lot but you will work hard trying to understand and support a lot of old projects

Advice to Senior ManagementGive out more money and maybe people will stay.

Enthusiastic and friendly people, but poor middle management

Junior Software Developer (Former Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsFriendly and open people
    Good working practices
    Liberal working environment

ConsLittle guidance
    Low compensation
    Typical contractor attitudes in management

Great learning opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was able to work with really knowledgeable staff allowing me to grow and develop my foundation. The culture is really fun! You must have a nerf gun to work here.. That says it all.

ConsI was from out of town so I had to commute to Ann Arbor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Full time employee for over 2 years

Development Manager (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsThe people here are great, very nice and extremely talented. We are able to work on very large projects for very large, enterprise clients. This experience can be tough to get by going directly to the clients so SIM really helps us to get in the door. The projects are very challenging and can sometimes involve a lot of extra hours of work (a complaint of many of these reviewers). This can be tough, but the satisfaction and feeling of accomplishment when they are launched is really great.

ConsAs SIM is a consulting company, there can be times when you are on a project that you would not have taken otherwise. This can be frustrating, however I take it as an opportunity to experience an aspect of the Software lifecycle that I may not have had before.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep growing and take consideration for the employees. We all gain from the growth at SIM, but we need to make sure that people continue to do what they specialize in (if applicable) and be able to grow in their career.

Great Community Feeling at Systems in Motion!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsOne of the best things about working at Systems in Motion is the opportunity to learn and grow in your career. Every day I learn something new from my colleagues, who encourage me to take on challenging assignments and give helpful feedback along the way. I honestly enjoy coming to work every day because the people here are so great. I also look forward to the fun programs they plan, such as Halloween Party, Diversity Day, Thanksgiving Potluck, etc. They recently organized a canned food drive, which I thought was a really nice way to give back to the Ann Arbor community.

ConsFor me the only negative is the commute, but that's because I happen to live outside of the area. But I make the drive because it's a great place to work!

Worked for Systems In Motion? Contribute to the Community!