Systems Integration Solutions Reviews

1 Rating

1. Short but Good.

Former Employee - SAS Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - SAS Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Systems Integration Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

They were excellent to work with. They made transitions easy. They were responsive and quick to provide any assistance needed.

Cons

I found none during my tenure.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of the people that work for you.

2. Java engineer

Former Contractor - Java Developer in Gilroy, CA
    Former Contractor - Java Developer in Gilroy, CA

I worked at Systems Integration Solutions as a contractor

Pros

i was paid on time

Cons

limited interaction with recruiter. poor job description. little/no support. worked in a demanding environment where it was expected to work around the clock without pay.

A domestic IT contract company barely one step above the foreign national run contract firms.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Systems Integration Solutions

Pros

There are VERY few positive things you can say about working for most IT contract firms. I have worked for several IT contract firms over the years, the only positive I can think of is they tend to pay SLIGHTLY higher than the foreign run contract IT firms.

Cons

I have been in IT for over 18 years and worked for various periods of time for a number of contract IT firms. I have never seen such a punitive or restrictive or lengthy (in terms of time) contract that the contractor must sign. In effect the terms of the contract are so onerous , restrictive and costly for the client company to employ the contractor it effectively creates a situation that no matter how good of a job you do, no matter how much the end client company might be impressed with you it’s virtually impossible for the client company justify the cost to hire you until you have been separated for 1 year. There is a line in the contract stating that *if* the client company by some miracle should hire you and the client company doesn’t pay the large ransom…er “fee” SIS demands within 30 days, you the contractor are personally responsible to pay that “fee” immediately! Amazing. Great for SIS, not good for the client company or you if your goal is to someday be a direct employee. To top it off, they have no group health benefits whatsoever you can participate in.

Advice to Management

I would urge SIS to re-write your contract terms with your contractors. You only set the tone for a unsatisfactory working relationship when the contract terms state such huge financial risks and other punitive and restrictive condition for anyone that considers working for you. Health benefits are important to people! – most IT contract firms provide at least group plans a contractor can buy into.

5. Average Consulting Firm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Systems Integration Solutions

Pros

They stay in the background but will help as needed with the client.

Cons

Rarely saw the Account Manager.

Advice to Management

Visit your employees more.

RSS Feed </> Embed