Systems Maintenance Services

Updated January 27, 2015
Updated January 27, 2015
3.2

John Wozniak

Great place to work & grow.

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services

Pros

Amazing support model
    Inside reps to support AE'S
    Product Managers for each OEM
    Product Specialists for relative verticals

Superb business model to support the enterprise company

You can do very well financially with this company if you work hard.

Cons

vague answer, everyday challenges such as benefits etc. There really isn't a lot of cons with this organization.

Stronger benefits,

Growth and Potential with hard work

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time

Pros

If you work hard there is opportunity for financial growth. Any service you sell you are commissioned. Management is down to earth. Everyone knows who you are which helps build relationships internally. If you work hard you will be rewarded.

Cons

On going technical training would be great. Setting time aside to discuss how and why things work together would be great as you continue growth in your position.

Challenge your employees to grow. Give them the tools they need. Don't be afraid to present their weaknesses but then give them ideas and tools to strengthen themselves where they are weak.

Full-time sales/account manager employee for 3+ years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unfortunately there aren't many pros to working for this company but as a full time employee I did receive 8 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays (one floating holiday can be used every 6 months) and 10 days PTO. After 5 years you receive an additional week of PTO. The company did contribute a few hundred dollars per year to an HSA account but I think this was only done because the benefits were pretty bad and this helped ease the pain of extremely high deductibles.

Cons

Last year during my employment at Systems Maintenance Services, the company asked certain employees to positively review them on Glassdoor due to pressure they were receiving as a private equity owned company. Unfortunately this has led to some very staged feedback (hence all of the recent 4+ star reviews) and please keep this in mind when reading reviews....
    Although many cons come to mind the biggest by far is the work environment. It is far from professional and derogatory jokes/conversations are not only tolerated by management but encouraged. It was also common knowledge that you would not be hired if you were African-American or LGBT.

All job-related harassment that has been reported to HR should be taken seriously and investigated in a timely manner and most importantly not ignored.

Great place to work and grow your career!

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at this company for 5+ years and am consistently impressed by the integrity, passion and commitment to excellence. From the executive level down, there is an overall desire and commitment to provide high value both externally and internally.

Cons

SMS is growing. With that comes short and medium term challenges. What impresses me is that everyone is up for the challenge, understanding that our value and ability to meet the needs of our clients is also growing.

The best advice I can give to management is to continue to listen and respond to the voice of our clients and employees. That is what has enabled the company to achieve a leadership position and will fuel continued growth and success.

The positive reviews were definitely staged

Current Employee - Administration in Fairburn, GA
    Current Employee - Administration in Fairburn, GA

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services

Pros

The only pro was a short commute.

Cons

Managers, EXECUTIVES, Supervisors-all of those in a position of "power," will undermine everything you do. There is no trust and it has not changed since they've fired some of their executives. The way this company is run is good-old boy and like Mississppi in the 1800's. Black people do not have a chance. Educated people do not have a chance. Please don't waste your time, because I know I did.

An entirely new managerial and executive staff is required.

Great environment if your goal oriented and work hard!

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The office environment is very team-oriented. It is relaxed atmosphere filled with hard working individuals looking to be successful while having fun. System Maintenance Services has positioned themselves well in this competitive market. This has allowed me to be well compensated for the work I conduct.

Cons

Benefits: The need for better health benefits are crucial.

Keep up the good work. Never forget the fuel that runs the company.

Contract centered only company

Former Employee - Help Desk Customer Tech in Fairburn, GA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Customer Tech in Fairburn, GA

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Peers were great, no compensation , work the company way only

Cons

Top management ,middle management worker bees not important to overall profit of company.

Client Focused. Responsive team of Professionals.

Pros

Work for a great manager who values my experience and opinion. Management allows you to voice an opinion and encourages it. Extremely hardworking people represent SMS. SMS has continued to consistently grow and evolve in offerings and services, but in a healthy way.

Cons

Opportunities for raises and promotions are almost non-existent. Very top heavy organization with several levels of Directors and VPs. Benefits with SMS has decreased as most companies have, but took a huge turn for the worse this year resulting in no in-network doctors within reach, effectively rendering medical benefits non-existent.

Consider increasing PTO hours, Cost of Living increases, and realize that a 2+ hour one-way drive to see a Family Practitioner is an un-acceptable situation if you truly respect and value your employees.

Thank You SMS - you are a true partner.

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Small company with global visions and plenty of opportunities to grow if you chose to. IT Services changes daily and SMS has the people, management, and financial backing to get ahead and continue our growth in the market. Our reoccuring revenue stream is very strong and allows for continued expansion as a company and as an employee.

Cons

Benefits change, what company has not had too? Part of todays environment. Exapansion comes with challenges so communication is critical.

Continue the growth pattern but keep the Independent status we have with our loyal customers. We are unique for a reason and we have great people. Lets keep it that way. Cultivate the forward thinking environment as a company globally.

Nice company, good vision. Some internal politics

Former Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking management; looked at strategic partnerships, acquisitions, etc

Cons

Internal politics - lots of internal groups who want their own P&L vs the best P&L for the company

Systems Maintenance Services Photos