Systems Maintenance Services

3.4

John Wozniak

Good Company

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services

Pros

Very solid company with a good compensation and good support staff.

Cons

Not very organized, very poor health benefits.

Change your healthcare plans.

Great New Opportunity!

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Just marked 6 months at SMS. This has proven to be a great choice. The work is both interesting and challenging, providing lots of learning opportunities. The teams are talented, energetic and committed to success. Our global customer base is growing and represents leaders in their industries and markets.

Cons

Being a growth-oriented company offers challenges to incorporate both the legacy and new groups into a combined corporate culture and operations. What worked in the past has to be reviewed and restructured to meet the changing organization and evolving requirements.
    Employment benefit packages, PTO policies and career opportunities need review and improvement to attract and retain the best talent.

Create focus groups to involve employees in the review and prioritization of benefit, PTO and career opportunity improvements.
    Support a culture of involvement within the company and the communities that we support.
    Emphasize exceptional customer service externally and internally.

SMS -

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services

Pros

Flexibility of work hours; ability to "manage" your job without a lot of overhead

Cons

Lacks diversity; very financially focused, to the point of forgetting the humans

Great place to work & grow.

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services

Pros

Amazing support model
    Inside reps to support AE'S
    Product Managers for each OEM
    Product Specialists for relative verticals

Superb business model to support the enterprise company

You can do very well financially with this company if you work hard.

Cons

vague answer, everyday challenges such as benefits etc. There really isn't a lot of cons with this organization.

Stronger benefits,

Growth and Potential with hard work

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time

Pros

If you work hard there is opportunity for financial growth. Any service you sell you are commissioned. Management is down to earth. Everyone knows who you are which helps build relationships internally. If you work hard you will be rewarded.

Cons

On going technical training would be great. Setting time aside to discuss how and why things work together would be great as you continue growth in your position.

Challenge your employees to grow. Give them the tools they need. Don't be afraid to present their weaknesses but then give them ideas and tools to strengthen themselves where they are weak.

Full-time sales/account manager employee for 3+ years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unfortunately there aren't many pros to working for this company but as a full time employee I did receive 8 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays (one floating holiday can be used every 6 months) and 10 days PTO. After 5 years you receive an additional week of PTO. The company did contribute a few hundred dollars per year to an HSA account but I think this was only done because the benefits were pretty bad and this helped ease the pain of extremely high deductibles.

Cons

Last year during my employment at Systems Maintenance Services, the company asked certain employees to positively review them on Glassdoor due to pressure they were receiving as a private equity owned company. Unfortunately this has led to some very staged feedback (hence all of the recent 4+ star reviews) and please keep this in mind when reading reviews....
    Although many cons come to mind the biggest by far is the work environment. It is far from professional and derogatory jokes/conversations are not only tolerated by management but encouraged. It was also common knowledge that you would not be hired if you were African-American or LGBT.

All job-related harassment that has been reported to HR should be taken seriously and investigated in a timely manner and most importantly not ignored.

Great place to work and grow your career!

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at this company for 5+ years and am consistently impressed by the integrity, passion and commitment to excellence. From the executive level down, there is an overall desire and commitment to provide high value both externally and internally.

Cons

SMS is growing. With that comes short and medium term challenges. What impresses me is that everyone is up for the challenge, understanding that our value and ability to meet the needs of our clients is also growing.

The best advice I can give to management is to continue to listen and respond to the voice of our clients and employees. That is what has enabled the company to achieve a leadership position and will fuel continued growth and success.

The positive reviews were definitely staged

Current Employee - Administration in Fairburn, GA
    Current Employee - Administration in Fairburn, GA

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services

Pros

The only pro was a short commute.

Cons

Managers, EXECUTIVES, Supervisors-all of those in a position of "power," will undermine everything you do. There is no trust and it has not changed since they've fired some of their executives. The way this company is run is good-old boy and like Mississppi in the 1800's. Black people do not have a chance. Educated people do not have a chance. Please don't waste your time, because I know I did.

An entirely new managerial and executive staff is required.

Great environment if your goal oriented and work hard!

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The office environment is very team-oriented. It is relaxed atmosphere filled with hard working individuals looking to be successful while having fun. System Maintenance Services has positioned themselves well in this competitive market. This has allowed me to be well compensated for the work I conduct.

Cons

Benefits: The need for better health benefits are crucial.

Keep up the good work. Never forget the fuel that runs the company.

Contract centered only company

Former Employee - Help Desk Customer Tech in Fairburn, GA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Customer Tech in Fairburn, GA

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Peers were great, no compensation , work the company way only

Cons

Top management ,middle management worker bees not important to overall profit of company.

Systems Maintenance Services Photos