Systems Personnel

Updated September 29, 2014
Updated September 29, 2014
3.6

Jim Cipriani

"The most supportive company I have been a part of"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Systems Personnel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Going into the recruiting world you can expect the harder you work the more money you make. That is definitely the case at Systems Personnel. They have a bonus structure so you can succeed. Your earning potential is uncapped. However, the best part about Systems Personnel is that they have a supportive team environment. Everyone is there to answer your questions at the drop of a hat. I was new to the recruiting world and the entire team devoted their own time into answering my questions and helping me grow. They have set up a continual development and training program every week, so it helps both new and experience recruiters continue to grow and learn in this field. I would highly recommend working here if you are in the recruiting/sales industry. The work is hard but the team is great and the pay is rewarding!

Cons

I honestly cannot say anything bad about this company. They have been a huge support for my career. It is a motivating and aspiring environment to be in. You are working around some of the top professionals in the Buffalo area. The owner and the Vice President invest a lot in their employees to succeed.

Keep up the great work :)

Family, friends, and unlimited earning potential!!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Systems Personnel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Systems is a small company so the earning potential is unlimited. The management staff is supportive and listens to your concerns. They treat you like a family member so you are not just another number. Your voice is heard! The team is extremely knowledgable about the industry and sales in general. I have learned more in my one year then I have in the last ten years.

The employees are the best part! We work hard but play hard. This is the most supportive sales team I have ever worked with. And unlike most sales environments, we look out for each other. I can't say enough good things about the staff!

Cons

Yes we work hard but those that work hard see the pay off. What sales environment don't you work hard in? This job is what you make of it. If you are not interested in putting the extra time in then this is not the place for you.

Continue to provide training to the team, rookies and veterans included. No one can compare to your expertise in this industry....but most importantly, continue to make it a fun place to work.

It is great to work with friends and a management team you look up to.

Horrible place to work because of owner

Former Employee - Recruiter in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Systems Personnel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The recruitment team for the most part are excellent people, the commission structure is great, and it is a small company to work for so you become close knit with your colleagues.

Cons

The owner is not an honest person. He pretends to care about his employees, but clearly doesn't. He talks a big game about open communication, work life balance, and how well he pays you. But if you have a life outside of there the the owner will not be happy with it and openly talk down to you in front of others to make an example. There is almost no communication that is truthful that comes out of his mouth. He says he pays very well, but will take money from your commission checks, and even though your told your a salaried employee you are micro managed to death and forced to work whenever he wants you to. If you work 35 hrs he pays for 35, but if you work 60 he pays you for 40. The worst thing is when the owner explodes on someone in front of the entire office. Its not only unprofessional to hear him swear at you, its embarrassing and makes the whole office uncomfortable. Ive seen the best producers leave because of him

Be more honest to your employees. You speak of truth, honor, and respect, but show none of that to anyone but your own family. Stop taking money out of peoples commission because they fell short one month. Its terrible and makes people not trust you. I hope by now you have hired an actual manage to run day to day operations..

Awesome team environment - you get the support that you need to succeed!

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter

I worked at Systems Personnel full-time

Pros

Systems Personnel focuses all of their employee's personal growth. You can bring forward any idea, concern, want, need or suggestion freely. Not only will you be heard but action will be taken! This is one of the most supportive environments I have worked in. You have a team helping you, pushing you, to meet not just your career goals but also your life goals.
    The employees are some of the hardest working people I have ever met. From your first day, you are treated as a part of the family. This is a group of individuals that truly work as a team every single day to get the job done.

Cons

The biggest challenge working for Systems Personnel comes with the biggest reward. You have to be self-motivated with a constant hunger for MORE! The harder you work, the more you are rewarded, not just monetarily but also with responsibility. This is not the industry for someone who wants to leave work at the door at 5pm.

Management - keep doing what you're doing! Thank you for pushing me and continuing to listen!

The Vice President sits on the floor with the rest of the team, not behind a closed office door. He does this to constantly be engaged and work with his employees, not to micromanage. He has the utmost trust in every single person and uses his many years of industry experience to guide and support them. You won't get that kind of day-to-day, hands-on support anywhere else.

RUN!!!!!

Former Employee - Executive Consultant in West Seneca, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Consultant in West Seneca, NY

I worked at Systems Personnel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are None. Stay away.

Cons

If you want to work for a disorganized and dysfunctional family business this is your place. However, I would stay clear!

Not a match

Current Employee - Human Resources/Customer Service At HireEmpire in West Seneca, NY

I have been working at Systems Personnel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The new company HireEmpire
    Schedule

Cons

Management
    Hired for Customer Service, but kept as HR

Stop micro managing
    Loosen up
    Utilize internal resources

Finally and organization where you can get ahead!

I have been working at Systems Personnel

Pros

Hard work and effort equals money! If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, this is certainly a career for you. Nothing is handed to you but you can make your own way under the framework of the organization. You are tutored by some of the best business minds you will ever encounter. If you are an employee of SPI for two weeks or 20 years, you will walk away with a tangibly improved skill set. You put in the time, embrace managements direction, you can earn a very high 6 figure income. You are truly the CEO of our own desk. What you put into it,, you will get out of it.

Cons

This isn't an environment for the weak minded. I am writing this in the cons but It really is a pro. This company says what they think. Not to beat you up or to be mean and nasty, to help you improve. So if you have been looking for an transparent environment where you will receive the critique to improve yourself, consider working for SPI.

Continue to hold us accountable, push us and teach us. I'm thankful everyday for the opportunity to earn an income of this nature for my family here in WNY.

A place that me and my family finally got ahead...

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Systems Personnel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation plan, earning a healthy six figure income. Profit sharing, bonus was out of this world. Strong emphasis on learning and growth. Support of my teammates is priceless. Advice and experience on how to take it to next level is there. Challenge me to get out of comfort zone. Strong supportive, management team. Good community involvement. Team spirited. Family feel.

Cons

It takes hard work to succeed here. If you are not giving it your all you won't fit in.

Consider up and comers for management opportunities.

Be prepared to give up your life!

Former Employee - Senior IT Recruiter in West Seneca, NY
    Former Employee - Senior IT Recruiter in West Seneca, NY

I worked at Systems Personnel full-time

Pros

Uncapped commission (if you get it)

Cons

When you get there your first day, they throw you into the job, NO TRAINING! Awful awful awful company to be a part of. This is a VERY greed driven organization. Be prepared to work 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, and homework at night. Rules and strategies change here multiple times a day. Be prepared for a huge challenge, with very little support. Essentially you are your own business owner. Lastly, they charge you to run your business. All of your goals will have expenses for heat, lights, office expenses deducted from the revenue you bring in!

Understand that most people care more about their lives, rather than SPI.

A great opportunity for anyone willing to give 110% day in and day out.

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in West Seneca, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in West Seneca, NY

I have been working at Systems Personnel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. Unlimited earning potential
    2. Opportunities for personal development
    3. Great team oriented environment
    4. Transparent leadership, you always know where you stand
    5. You will never be bored
    6. Smaller family owned business

Cons

1. Hard work is required, if you can't give it your all, you won't be successful
    2. No other Cons if you are dedicated to working hard.

Systems Personnel Photos