Systemtec

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Bryant & Paul Elias

Very professional contracting company that truly cares about its consultants

Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee)
Duncan, SC

I worked at Systemtec as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsI have nothing but good things to say about this company. They offer:
- Great benefits, 401K, etc.
- A flexible Paid-Time-Off policy (if you finish the year with left-over PTO days, you can carry them over into the next year, or cash them out)
- Most importantly, they give you a lot of personal attention through their "Consultant Relations Representatives", who take you out to lunch and try their best to keep you happy, and happily employed.

When problems arose at the client company at two points during my assignment, Systemtec had very competent and experienced HR people with whom I could discuss these problems.
When my assignment ended after 7 years, Systemtec helped me with the "remarket process". I have been unemployed for 2 months now, but I still get the occasional e-mail and phone call from them when they see an opportunity open up.

ConsI can think of no cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the professional and honest work you are doing.

A company who is "Hands On"

QA Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Columbia, SC

I worked at Systemtec full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat Health benefits
"Open door" policy and they were more than willing to talk with you to work out any issues.
 They were very "Hands-on" with contractors and also rewarded employees nicely (a great way to motivate the employees!). They went above and beyond for me when I was on Medical Leave.

ConsNo cons that I can think of to be honest, about the only downside is maybe lower than average salaries and increases but that depended on the client. "Bench Time" may be lacking but again that may be based on the situation. There was not a lot of offers of trainings or active encouragement to improve skills or even add to skillsets outside of the client site.
 I honestly do not have anything negative to say about SystemTec.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

Great contracting company.

I have been working at Systemtec full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits. Attention. Honest dealings. It's more than what you get with most of these contracting companies.

ConsSalary rates are a little lower than other companies. But it's a trade off for health care that's affordable, 401k, and dental care.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher wages would still be a good move.

Treats consultants better than internal employees

I have been working at Systemtec

ProsCasual work environment, co-workers are nice, very little drama. Incentive trips are paid if you make your goals, established company, well known (in Columbia)

ConsThere is often a discrepancy between the job you are asked to do and the tools you are given to do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is an obvious power struggle between the two branches of middle management and it often gets in the way of doing a good job for the benefit of the company. Don't show that to the employees as much or put them in the middle.

Worked for Systemtec? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Systemtec reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Systemtec CEO Steve Bryant & Paul Elias. All reviews posted anonymously by Systemtec employees.