T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd
Nick Shepherd

Pros
  • It was a great way to work through college and make decent money with a flexible schedule (in 26 reviews)

• The company prioritizes the importance of having a fun environment for both the guests and the employees (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, not knowing when exactly you'd get out (in 18 reviews)

• the late hours of the business 2AM closing time is sometimes a strain and you end up with turnover because it's not for everyone (in 6 reviews)

1. good job

Former Employee - Busser/Host
    Former Employee - Busser/Host

Pros

awesome management, good tips, fast paced and upbeat environment as well as some fantastic employees to be able to work around

Cons

can be overwhelming on the weekends. some difficult management at times and there were lots of menu changes at the end that became confusing

Advice to Management

work to find some level of consistency in menus and outlook. As the consistency comes many of the problems can be fixed.

2. Waitress

Current Employee - Server/Waitress in Dickson City, PA
    Current Employee - Server/Waitress in Dickson City, PA

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love communicating with guests to make sure they enjoy their visit to the restaurant. I like to stay busy and constantly moving, which in return, makes the time pass by quickly.

Cons

Some guests who are visiting the restaurant can be very rude or critical to servers. Many issues they have with the food or prices are subjects I have no control over.

Advice to Management

Management issues are not of my concern at my workplace. I believe that they treat us very well and highly enjoy working at T.G.I. Friday's.

3. Host

Former Employee - Host/Hostess in Westfield, IN
    Former Employee - Host/Hostess in Westfield, IN

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get money fast, Great Tip Sharing, Good Team Environment, Fast paced, Good Hours, Great food to serve people, Discounted Meals

Cons

Customer complaints are very normal, Management always on servers to be running around, never able to just take a second to think

Advice to Management

There is only so much that one person can do. Do not be so harsh on your own employees. This is vary from location due to different General Managers.

5. Absolutely loved working there until I was pretty much made an example of. Sad thing is I turned down 2 other jobs.

Former Employee - Food Server in East Greenwich, RI
    Former Employee - Food Server in East Greenwich, RI

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, great hours, great customers, great atmosphere and for the most part, great management team. Fun place to work.

Cons

Was let go after only two weeks on the floor for a petty infraction. Subsequently suspended for ten days only to be let go at my meeting with the "GM". I'm a single mom of 2 and really couldn't afford that. I was good enough to be put on the floor after only 3 days of training. Then my performance was unprofessionally criticized when I was accused of things that I wasn't even aware I did like not showing up for a shift management never told me I had. And no, I didn't have access to my schedule without going through management because My information was never put in the computer properly. So when a shift was left out of what was told to me, it looked as if I pulled a no call no show. When I tried to explain this, I was told I don't take responsibility. Also blamed for not coming in for a shift I was put on less then 1 hour before it started. Mind you, put on via email I never received until 5 hours later.

Advice to Management

If you want to let someone go, do not suspend them for 10 days only to let them go the day they come back. Camera's are there for several reasons. Use them. Making false comments about a persons performance is extremely unprofessional. Leaving someone hanging like that is also unprofessional. Also, when an employee explains the situation as it happened, that's not placing blame or avoiding responsibility. It's simply trying to explain what was done, how it was done and hoping to learn from any input you may have. Finally, bragging about alcohol consumption is definitely not professional.

6. My experience

Former Employee - Line Cook in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Orlando, FL

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees, always busy, organized

Cons

bad management, favoritism, your still expected to work on "off" days

Advice to Management

Better schedule management, better communication with employees, stop befriending employees, no favoritism, just unprofessionalism in general.

7. server

Former Employee - Food Server in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Food Server in DFW, TX

Pros

tips were good good environment good managers flexible work hours

Cons

lots of dumb busy work work hours corporate annoying dealing with people

8. Hostess/Host great then downhill with new management

Current Employee - Hostess in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Hostess in Plantation, FL

Pros

Great percentage of tips Semi diverse staff

Cons

Drama amongst employees Scheduling is terrible- need more servers on at a time Management went downhill since Tal left for Fort Lauderdale Fridays Unprofessional Unorganized

Advice to Management

Get it together. Why do you not have a server for every section on a busy day. It makes it hard for servers and hosts to have to accommodate. Results in double seating and errors. Do better.

9. fast money

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

fast money, good for part time

Cons

some customers can be a pain, sometimes overwhelming

10. Cocktail Server

Current Employee - Server in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Server in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's (More than a year)

Pros

Good Management team at the establishment

Cons

Poor Clientele, and servers work too hard for how little they are tipped

11. TGI Friday's Server

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL

Pros

Fun atmosphere and good co workers

Cons

Low prices mean less tips

Advice to Management

I liked my management they were great

RSS Feed </> Embed