T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd
Nick Shepherd

Pros
  • It was a great way to work through college and make decent money with a flexible schedule (in 26 reviews)

• The company prioritizes the importance of having a fun environment for both the guests and the employees (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, not knowing when exactly you'd get out (in 18 reviews)

• the late hours of the business 2AM closing time is sometimes a strain and you end up with turnover because it's not for everyone (in 6 reviews)

1. Lonely

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Good food, good promotions, and close to my home for travel.

Cons

Because of all the promotions and coupons, you don't make good money. Average bill is significantly lower than most restaurants and so tips are not good. And you get very small server sections.

Advice to Management

Even though corporate food chain, don't manage like a puppet. Be creative.

2. Server

Current Employee - Server in Huntington, NY
    Current Employee - Server in Huntington, NY

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay for the work, benefits package not found in many serving jobs.

Cons

After being bought out from Carlson last year, the company has gone down hill. Things have become about numbers rather than the guest experience, which isn't what brings guests through the doors. Workers across all levels and positions have become simply numbers to corporate, which minimizes employee satisfaction. A lot of new DO's or General Managers have been flushed into the system with little to no experience and have ties to Sentenel, making communication and trust extremely difficult. I've been a proud T.G.I Fridays employee for over 10 years and this new direction is turning the company I've loved into a dark place.

Advice to Management

Please evaluate just what TGI Fridays is to not only its employees but its guests. It is not an investment firm but a place of service.

3. manager

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Columbia, MO

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Not bad pay, the food and atmosphere

Cons

Nothing against tgif. but the franchise group that managed the store I managed. In columbia, Springfield, and all of ST louis area is not a good company to work for. Didnt feel appreciated or ever good enough. I just did not enjoy working for that company at all

A job where you can help keep the obesity level high!

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

It's a real challenge trying to find something to put in this box, I suppose the money untill you realise it isn't worth the hassle!

Cons

Incompetent management, poor health and safety, lack of progression, lack of support, poor working hours, poor working conditions, lack of holiday... The list goes on

Prepare to have unreliable hours differing each week and be to be treated poorly, not valued and disrespected.

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere at times, very up tempo vibe which can help you through long shifts. TGI Friday's really value their culture and background of how they became to be who they are now and are really passionate about educating their employees onto the reasoning behind why they do things.

Cons

Unreliable hours - Some weeks I was given 25 (which was my contracted hours) and other weeks I was given 4 for the whole week which was ultimately one of the main reasons why I left.

Managers tend to have favourites who they offer the better hours too. If you book a day off which they didn't really want you to have, they will screw you over in return.

Staff are out to help themselves and will trip you up if it means making them looking better. It was horrible to watch on my trial shift and then to continue to witness during my employment.

The relationship between the Kitchen staff and the front of house team was not friendly. Sauces being thrown through the window, food purposely being left to the back of the cooking queue to make a specific waiter/waitress look bad.

Advice to Management

Managers shouldn't hide away in the office when we are busy as you were all in our position at one point, running the floor when you were severely understaffed.

Don't allow people to take days off if it means there won't be enough people working that shift which ultimately adds an unrealistic strain to those who are working.

More extensive training is needed before staff are left on their own. More shadowing shifts would be beneficial.

Its frustrating to see so many problems within the company as before I was hired I was a big T.G.I Friday's fan and visited regularly, but since working there for nearly 12 months I can safely say I will never dine there again knowing how badly treated the staff are.

7. Endless is endless

Current Employee - Servant in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Servant in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Nothing company is going downhill.

Cons

Company does not care for servers. They have terrible specials like endless appetizers. Apparently the company does not realize that most people are only going to get endless appetizers for their meal. The original promotion was only supposed to last a month in summer. It started in July and was supposed to end with summer but the company lied. This promotion went on until January 4th. When it finally ended they brought up terrible promotions to replace them $10 for a drink and meal, another promo was $10 for more ribs than the 1/2 rack that sells for $12. They are constantly coming up with terrible promotions. Just when every TGI Friday employee was just adjusting to no endless appetizers they decided to do endless appetizers for $12 but now you can change the appetizer. The fact that you could not change on the original endless helped servers steer guest in a different direction but now that you can switch the appetizers its terrible. Guest stay for hours switching things and trying new foods for a whopping 12 bucks. Most servers don't get tipped more 5 bucks for someone taking up their table for 3 hours. Do not expect anything from this company or management. They treat you as a servant not a server.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate how you are screwing your staff because pretty soon we are all leaving

8. Just don't

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

No pros at all. But maybe I'm just dissatisfied.

Cons

No trust of employees
    Treat like garbage

Advice to Management

Employees are people too

9. awful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

there are not many positives to working here. maybe the food discount

Cons

terrible management, unorganized, and no disciplinary actions for employees acting inappropriate

Advice to Management

discipline employees for acting rude and inappropriately to other employees

10. Tgi Fridays Hostess

Current Employee - Host/Hostess in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Host/Hostess in Houston, TX

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

looking out the window, going home

Cons

time off polices, strict scheduling, late hours, rude co-workers, terrible upper management, negative atmosphere, no promotions, cannot express yourself freely

Advice to Management

Promote host to server, more relaxed environment, new management, hire nice and genuine people.

11. hotess

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great job for a high school student

Cons

management is horrible too much drama

Advice to Management

don't be involved with co-workers lives

RSS Feed </> Embed