T.G.I. Friday's

T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd

Nick Shepherd

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, great co-workers, fun lively environment(in 23 reviews)

• I needed a job with flexible hours while in school(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, not knowing when exactly you'd get out(in 14 reviews)

• I worked long late hours all the time(in 5 reviews)

Great part-time or summer job to make some extra money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagers and co-workers were friendly and mostly helpful, so it's a pretty good work environment. Pretty good way to make money, especially as a part time job

ConsHours as a server can be rough. Won't get off until 1:30-2am if you work closing shifts. Also, some days it's pretty slow so there isn't much money to be made.

great place

Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) Portland, OR

Prosgood company for peoploe who want to grow

Conssome of their franchise owners are not good

Advice to Senior Managementopen in the northweest again

Unless you're working as an executive, EVERY employee's experience here is of love/hate.

Bartender (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible hours, many employment opportunities, many stores all over the world that you can transfer to or work at using the Friday's Passport option.

ConsI've worked on and off with the company since 1985 and over the years it has become more corporate making it painfully obvious that the employees that work for the company are nothing more than expendable tools to assist in meeting their bottom lines, while the employees bottom line dwindle's over the years... no lie, when I started I was a busser and now I'm primarily a bartender but even though I make decent money, it's nothing compared to what I made as a busser and the bussers now make so little money as to be a mystery as to how they make due. Now the company has just been sold and the direction it takes has yet to be determined. I could write a dissertation on this subject alone but it would sound like just the rantings of another employee... and that's not true. This company is currently run by people who have NEVER in their lives worked in a restaurant in any other capacity other than as an executive and it shows in their menu choices, company policies, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart teaching management interpersonal communication, more professional ethics when dealing with their employees. Relax the draconian laws such as termination of those that smoke, although I don't smoke I've seen many outstanding employees terminated because they were taking a moment to collect and cope with what's going in in the restaurant... there have NEVER been a customer complaint about their server's or bartenders taking a smoke so I see no reason as to why they need to be summarily terminated.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Server Review

Server (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly work environment and employees.

ConsCorporate regulation is very strict.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more time into employees rather than into the physical structure of the restaurants.

Can be fun

Hostess (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsCan be fun, employees are cool and become good friends, management can be really relaxed

ConsLong hours, management screws you over a lot, stressful

Not the best-but not the worst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun staff-nice benefits package. Decent training. Good sense of teamwork.

ConsNot the best clientele to deal with-more guest issues than employee issues. Hard to keep good help because of clientele

Advice to Senior Managementstop promoting incompetent people to management-and actually do something about employee complaints and stop giving away the house because of complaints

TGIFriday's Review

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the employees are fun

Consthere is very little job security

Advice to Senior Managementstop changing everything all the time

A place of opportunity to move up in the company

ProsThe ethnicity that is tgifridays

ConsThe identity of what fridays wants to be.

It was dishonest, shady and very unhappy as a place to wrok

General Manager (Current Employee) East Hanover, NJ

Prosmoney was good for a beginner

Consupper management was only concerned with profit. nothing else. My supervisor was promoted based upon the fact that he trained the staff to manipulate survey results

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees

Great atmosphere!

Bar Manager (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsFriday's service style goes above and beyond normal casual dining. The company believes the guests experience should always exceed expectations and there are standards set in place to ensure that happens!

ConsIf you have what it takes to please your guests, lead your team and strive to succeed there are no cons

Advice to Senior Managementhire/train and retain great people, makes the job that much easier!

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!