T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014

T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd
Nick Shepherd

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, great co-workers, fun lively environment (in 23 reviews)

• I needed a job with flexible hours while in school (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, not knowing when exactly you'd get out (in 14 reviews)

• I worked long late hours all the time (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Hostess
    Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many positive aspects of working for TGIF's include flexible schedule, good pay, opportunities to advance in the company,and fun atmosphere. My location has exceptional management. and I sincerely enjoy being an employee at Friday's.

Cons

I personally cannot think of any cons worth writing on here. Any negative aspects would be anything anyone who works a service job would experience and has nothing to do with the company in particular (for example, long shifts that are often late night). However that comes with the type of job and is understandable.

I do not have any advice for management except to keep up the good work.

A great and valuable experience.

Former Employee - Head Bartender  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Head Bartender in Southfield, MI

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, great atmosphere, always fun and exciting, quality food and entertainment!

Cons

Need to hire more from within.

Great company with minimal flaws!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Dallas, TX

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very casual work environment with a fun atmosphere. A very real open door policy with everyone. Executives are smart and inviting. Lots of opportunity for growth inside the company.

Cons

Vacation time and benefits could be better, but they're not bad. Pay is generally very good.

Increase flexible hours and vacation. Generally, everything seems to be on the right track though.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Line cook

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time

Pros

Training was efficient on all 'stations' in the kitchen

Cons

I worked for the company for 6 years, never once did I receive any PTO, benefits (which I was told were offered just not to myself) and after 5 years I was told that due to health care reform I would not be allotted more than 28 hours a week. Management, although sometimes friendly, were always to worried about the front of the house reviews and not caring about the back.

Good money, slave work

Current Employee - Bartender  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Bartender in Miami, FL

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great money, good location, fun environment, opportunities

Cons

unorganized at times , going through a lot of company changes that is really changing the brand and i don't believe for the better, late and long hours, demanding, management docent mind taking advantage of you…… if your willing to work REALLY HARD, hustle, shark or whatever you have to do…. you will make great money for casual dinning.

Get it together, learn the expo, and hire more reliable and accountable employees.

Great part-time or summer job to make some extra money

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers and co-workers were friendly and mostly helpful, so it's a pretty good work environment. Pretty good way to make money, especially as a part time job

Cons

Hours as a server can be rough. Won't get off until 1:30-2am if you work closing shifts. Also, some days it's pretty slow so there isn't much money to be made.

great place

Former Employee - Kitchen Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Kitchen Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good company for peoploe who want to grow

Cons

some of their franchise owners are not good

open in the northweest again

Horrible Company to work for

Former Employee - Server  in  Jackson, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Jackson, TN

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for less than a year

Pros

It.'s a nice looking restaurant. That's it.

Cons

Management was always changing, co workers tried everything to get new people fired, food is disgusting, bad pay, rude customers, if you're sick they still make you stay and work around the customers

Unless you're working as an executive, EVERY employee's experience here is of love/hate.

Current Employee - Bartender  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Bartender in Chicago, IL

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible hours, many employment opportunities, many stores all over the world that you can transfer to or work at using the Friday's Passport option.

Cons

I've worked on and off with the company since 1985 and over the years it has become more corporate making it painfully obvious that the employees that work for the company are nothing more than expendable tools to assist in meeting their bottom lines, while the employees bottom line dwindle's over the years... no lie, when I started I was a busser and now I'm primarily a bartender but even though I make decent money, it's nothing compared to what I made as a busser and the bussers now make so little money as to be a mystery as to how they make due. Now the company has just been sold and the direction it takes has yet to be determined. I could write a dissertation on this subject alone but it would sound like just the rantings of another employee... and that's not true. This company is currently run by people who have NEVER in their lives worked in a restaurant in any other capacity other than as an executive and it shows in their menu choices, company policies, etc.

Start teaching management interpersonal communication, more professional ethics when dealing with their employees. Relax the draconian laws such as termination of those that smoke, although I don't smoke I've seen many outstanding employees terminated because they were taking a moment to collect and cope with what's going in in the restaurant... there have NEVER been a customer complaint about their server's or bartenders taking a smoke so I see no reason as to why they need to be summarily terminated.

Disturbing

Current Employee - Hostess  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Hostess in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great to work around people in my age group.

Cons

Horrible pay unless you work a billion hours a week. Scheduling is not reliable, therefore it's hard to pay bills and meet deadlines. Management will tell you they will move you up as a server or bartender, and you end up being led on for months, maybe even a year or so. Then, once they finally tell you they'll move you up (for real, this time), they take weeks and weeks to get you there. Customers are rude and inconsiderate, and there is so much drama. Coworkers leave on a busy Friday or Saturday night to have sex in the employee bathroom. The place is filthy. No one takes responsibility for their own problems. Drama, drama, drama. Management is horrible. They think they're high and mighty when they have no idea what in the world they're doing. It's scary that they let some of these people run a restaurant. I currently work here, but I'm looking for a new job. I can't stand this place.

Get new management, treat employees with respect (were human beings too, after all), and increase pay/regulate hours!

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!