T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

Reset

1. Server

Former Employee - Server in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Server in San Diego, CA

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They train you completely about everything before they throw you out to the wolves. They are all about team work and customer satisfaction. I loved working for them I'm sad they shut down the restaurant in Carmel mountain where I worked

Cons

I don't have to many complaints about them except sometimes they would over or under staff and depending on how busy or slow it was I would drive down for nothing or be overwhelmed because we would be packed but that goes for any restaurant.

Advice to Management

Wish you were still in Carmel mountain and we all still worked together.

2. Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager, Kitchen Manager, Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time

Pros

Great training, regular menu changes, classic food items and new updates, great drinks- develops and challenges employees to grow. Always busy.

Cons

Busy restaurants require a lot of hours. Management is very stable, can be hard to move up.

Advice to Management

Remember that your employees are your greatest asset.

3. Overal, a good company to work for.

Former Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay was good. The benefits package was phenomenal. The company strives to be the best and it's nice to be a part of that.

Cons

Anybody who's run restaurants knows the cons. As a GM, it's difficult to find time off for vacation with your family. It was also hard to get a management team in place that was strong enough to support you in all things Friday's. As soon as you got one trained & humming along, they promoted them and moved them out of the store for someone else to benefit from all my efforts.

Advice to Management

Trust your GMs a little more. You put them in the position for a reason. We don't need you to look over our shoulders on every little detail. If you have to do that, that person should not be a GM. Coach & develop & trust; then watch them flourish and thrive!

5. The managers could care less about the workers.

Pros

The salary is a little above minimum wage, the waitresses are nice

Cons

Very unorganized, I would suggest not working here. Maybe it is the location that's bad, I don't know.

6. Okay

Current Employee - Server in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Server in Evansville, IN

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and fun environment, easy job opportunity, and little responsibility outside of what they ask if you suck at your job

Cons

awful management, very biased, difficult to better oneself professionally in this environment, managers who go back on their word, awful scheduling timing

7. Host

Current Employee - Host/Trainer in Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Host/Trainer in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team as a whole was very professional and knew how to make the guests happy. They were also very down to earth.

Cons

The staff could have been bigger, but being in a college city people are bound to come and go.

Advice to Management

Focus on hiring more staff.

Fridays Review

Current Employee - Bus Boy/Host
    Current Employee - Bus Boy/Host

Pros

Good place to work, the people there are great and always looking to make the restaurant better

Cons

Sometimes employees and managers seem to belittle people instead of helping them

9. Host

Current Employee - Host in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Host in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When you see people in a restaurant who actually are being kind to the wait staff, don't assume they're just naturally good people. They're not. They are either currently or previously employed restaurant workers. Nobody understands forgetting an iced tea, dropping the dinner rolls, or taking 15 minutes to bring extra napkins except those who've been in those trenches. After working at a restaurant for even a short time, you'll have a newfound respect for your fellow humans. You'll no longer wonder why the gal at the drive through can't manage to understand, "no cheese," and you won't be impatient when the new cashier doesn't know how the cash register works. You'll be patient, and you'll be respectful for what it takes to learn a job that everyone thinks is a no-brainer, but is actually as complicated as working a Rubik's cube while juggling flaming batons and changing a baby's diaper, all at the same time.

Cons

When was the last time you have researched market trends in your area or did a comprehensive market study and write-up for your restaurant? Have you ever? If not, you are not alone. Failure to establish that there is a market for your restaurant and the failure to stay abreast of market trends, are two of the most tragic mistakes a restaurant owner can make, especially because these mistakes can easily be avoided. Even something as simple as a stop and greet survey on the street can establish consumer likes and dislikes, perceptions, needs and demands. Before opening their restaurant’s doors, restaurant owners should establish a demand for their cuisine or service, and an ability to capture a market share. Once those doors have opened, restaurant owners should analyze the direction of consumer demand and make changes and adjustments accordingly. Without a fact-based knowledge of the market, an informed decision is not possible.

Advice to Management

Good managers are the most underrated people on the planet. At a restaurant, this is easy to observe. A bad manager drives away the best employees, alienates the customers, and assuring that the quality of food deteriorates to that of a first grader's school lunch left on the bus during summer vacation. The good manager does the exact opposite: luring the best workers and motivating them to do even better. Managing to please (most of) the customers without hanging their staff members out to dry. They help build an environment where the chef can do his best work, raising the quality of the food and drink offerings ever higher. Restaurants can instill all the values of respect, teamwork, and good management skills as the military, only without all the danger. These skills are valuable wherever you go and whatever you do the rest of your life. Serve on!

10. Terrible Management

Current Employee - Server in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Server in New York, NY

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location. The manager Oscar. (He should be GM, the place might actually have a chance at running properly if that was the case. Maybe I wouldn't be so eager to find a place that's actually run properly.)

Cons

Tourists are the main customers. Coworkers are annoying. Management is making the place crumble and greatly affect the tips.

Advice to Management

Get it together Mary. Oscar, you're great.

11. Not the best work environment

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Riverhead, NY
    Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Riverhead, NY

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff at the same pay level as you are nice

Cons

Management is poor at the restaurant level

Advice to Management

treat your employees with respect please

RSS Feed </> Embed