T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014

T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd
Nick Shepherd

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, great co-workers, fun lively environment (in 23 reviews)

• I needed a job with flexible hours while in school (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, not knowing when exactly you'd get out (in 14 reviews)

• I worked long late hours all the time (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

TGI Fridays is changing

Current Employee - Beverage Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Beverage Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Can be a fun work experience depending on the store and the gm. Easy to be a manager when it comes to money handling and pos systems. Back office is pretty easy too.

Cons

Expect too much to be able to earn a bonus. Base scores from surveys on how the restaurant is doing. Late hours. Open on all holidays. 55 to 60 hours a week. Good pay but tiring.

Quality of life is a deciding factor on whether managers will stay for the long haul. Let them have a life that doesn't surround the restaurant.

No real complains.

Current Employee - Server  in  Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Garland, TX

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's really chill, laid back, People and managers are always trying to help you out. You're encouraged to be social and be personable with guests, make them and yourself enjoy the overall experience and have a good time.
    Personal growth is definitely possible. I went from working as a busser to a host then to a sever then to cocktail server all in about two years time. My GM is the best manager out there, he's always willing to help and gets you through some of the worst situations.

Cons

Drama, gossip, sometimes when corporate comes around and sticks their noses in the business. New menu updates are pretty annoying they happen a couple times a year.

Lack of support from certain managers really takes away from the overall enjoyable experience.

While the money was alright, the management and training was mediocre

Former Employee - Host  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Host in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent money, friendly work environment, supportive coworkers

Cons

While the workers were nice, they lacked great skill; most others were lazy, management was not very good

Force better training and higher standards for workers

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was dishonest, shady and very unhappy as a place to wrok

Current Employee - General Manager  in  East Hanover, NJ
    Current Employee - General Manager in East Hanover, NJ

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

money was good for a beginner

Cons

upper management was only concerned with profit. nothing else. My supervisor was promoted based upon the fact that he trained the staff to manipulate survey results

Care about your employees

Amazing co-workers make it hard to go somewhere else... even when you aren't making enough to survive.

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule is great for students and those with second jobs. People are so much fun and get along well because they look for a certain type of personality when they hire. If you have great managers, you will really enjoy your job (that's a BIG if). They don't make you pay for walk outs or uniforms.

Cons

Schedule and sections are based on sales that are 1) Raised every week and 2) Almost always followed by a new e-mail blast containing BOGO coupons and/or the announcement of a new pick 2 or 3 promo.

Don't be surprised if you are new and only scheduled 2 shifts a week and cut after 2 or 3 tables on a day shift. And yes, you will still be required to do sidework and wrap silverware for up to an hour after you've been cut.

Coupons are relentless and you will lose a ton of money because of them. Tip out is high. During day shifts, the busser may be sent home and there's often no dishwasher because of labor. You will do their jobs, and still tip out based on sales, regardless of how long the SA was there.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT LOSE YOUR BANK. A server accidentally lost his wallet in the dumpster while taking out the trash and we ended up all pitching in because he owed the restaurant a good $100 more than he had made that night.

Figure out a better way to create good sales incentives. Encourage sales using a technique that doesn't involve singling out poor performers (who may be getting only 1 shift a week and don't stand a chance) and yelling at employees that the restaurant is barely paying for in the first place. Making everyone feel valued and appreciated goes a VERY long way and extra money spent on decent incentives would more than pay for itself.

Hire and do anything possible to retain good GMs that will look out for their employees! The restaurant I worked at was the lowest grossing in the franchise. After we got a new GM, we became the second highest. He was easygoing, had our backs, and never yelled or put an insane amount of pressure to meet our sales goals. Because we genuinely wanted to do a good job for him, our PPAs went way up. I'm not speculating, we actually had conversations about this being the reason our sales were better.

I learned every drink recipe immaginable and advanced to HEAD BARTENDER in just a few short months.

Former Employee - Head Bartender  in  Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Head Bartender in Lombard, IL

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I met some life long friend there, both employees and influential customers. The job skills and job ethics were incomparable.

Cons

I really didn't have very many cons there. I even wrote my own and everyone elses scheduale.

I am living proof that the long shot to win is often the way to go. Look at the most recent Kentucky Derby winner. In person interveiwing a potential emploee IN PERSON (for a customer relations involved job especially). Never bite the hand that feeds you, but don't kiss up.

Terrific experience

Former Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, great management team, loved being involved in menu items/selections and it was a great team environment with management development programs.

Cons

Outside of long hours, don't have anything negative to say about this company - it is terrific on all levels and the stores are great too.

Great management team!

Great first job

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Hostess in Houston, TX

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Tuition/Text book reimbursement
    Fun atmosphere and co workers
    Good customer service experience

Cons

Not enough pay
    Management will cut hours every time new employees are hired
    Not a lot of opportunities for advancement

Don't keep rude/lazy employees around.

The experience was not beneficial.

Former Employee - Waitress  in  Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - Waitress in Tyler, TX

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time for less than a year

Pros

It provided work experience that is useful for continuing a career, but even such experience in food services is not easily transferable to other industries. Training was of an acceptable caliber.

Cons

The coworkers and management were unprofessional and the atmosphere was less that tolerable. Compensation is also less than should be offered.

Adopt better values when hiring upper management so that other employees are of better quality.

great support while in school

Current Employee - Bartender  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bartender in New York, NY

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible schedule,great pay,very nice place to work at, team members are always there to help you during busy shifts

Cons

customers not very nice at certain locations. Hate people off after certain amount of drinks served and being disrespected for that...

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!