T.MAC Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Bob Campbell

Pros
  • Tons of beer and surprisingly good food, plus half off on meals (in 5 reviews)

• Also I have gained alot of beer knowledge and appreciation for it that I wouldn't have otherwise gotten (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, not the most distinguished work out there (in 10 reviews)

• Yes, I said you get NO breaks on doubles on football days (in 7 reviews)

1. T.Mac

I have been working at T.MAC full-time

Pros

You Get a lot of Hours

Cons

you never get off when you are suppose to.

2. Decent money terrible management. Highly inconsistent menu, staff, and rules. No appreciation for hard working servers .

Current Employee - Server in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Cumming, GA

I have been working at T.MAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast cash. Easy time off. Young staff. Busy rush. Good food. Great bar selection. Loyal customers

Cons

Critical and condescending management. Inconsistent rules, management communication, and long term staff.

Advice to Management

Communicate with other management. Give constructive criticism to staff when needed. Don't yell or curse

3. Server

Former Employee - Server in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Server in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at T.MAC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The other workers were fun.

Cons

Not flexible hours, management very abrasive

5. Wouldn't Recommend to my Worst Enemy

Current Employee - Server in Lithonia, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Lithonia, GA

I have been working at T.MAC (More than a year)

Pros

When you build a regular clientele, it makes coming to work worth it. My experience with my co workers has also been extremely positive.

Cons

I've worked at numerous different restaurants, and T.MAC is by far the worst managed. They are so focused on cutting cost as far as labor that often times the servers are over worked and guests suffer. I've worked too many shifts where they will cut the floor to one or two servers and cut the kitchen to one cook with no food runner, expo, host, or buss boy/girl. Tables end up getting overlooked, food comes out cold or incorrect, meals get comped and everyone ends up upset. The only people held accountable are server, but we cannot do everything. Overall this is just the worst job I've ever had.

6. Upper Management Doesn't Practice What They Preach

Former Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA

I worked at T.MAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potentially a strong brand and has the opportunity to grow.

Cons

Upper management doesn't hold themselves accountable to the same topics they speak of. You can't be successful in this industry unless you have a genuine passion for your employees. They talk about this but every decision they make is contradictory to that. Many people are not happy, feel overworked, and under appreciated. The COO is down right nasty to his teams. He degrades them in front of others, jobs are continuously threatened, and there is no time for a life outside of work. They are very focused on making the company look good on paper so they can show it to their board but the restaurants are poorly executed and guests leave with a mediocre experience. Don't apply unless you want to be miserable very soon.

Advice to Management

Bring in a Leadership team that has a passion for people. This is the people business. Don't manage by threats, lies, and sneakiness. They are killing the culture more and more each day.

7. Overworked & Unappreciated

I worked at T.MAC full-time

Pros

Good money, discount food, beer knowledge, great guests, good friendships built, fun times

Cons

Overworked, ridiculous amounts of side work, no teamwork, no sense of help from management, unorganized management, lack of promoting from within

Advice to Management

You should value the employees you have and make sure they are well informed and trained. Don't just throw people on the floor because you need bodies.

8. server

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at T.MAC

Pros

Great money and fun people to work with.

Cons

Late hours and managers can be mean sometimes.

Advice to Management

Guys are doing great just be nice.

4 Years of Hard Work

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at T.MAC (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is good if your looking to make quick cash. They also promoted me from within so I have to thank them for that. I also killed myself for that promotion, including working off the clock. Doing inventory, managerial duties without pay, and pretty much throwing away any sort of social life. I slept and lived at this place for 4 years. The hours for 3.5 of those years were from 11AM to 3AM so I would always have to work doubles. 12pm - 2am. Then come back the next day at 11am. They have changed most of their store hours to close around 12am through out the week.

Cons

They are very uncaring about their management team. I literally helped them gut out a restaurant and restore it. I helped them revamp it and did many tasks I shouldn't have, as they should have had a true construction team; not using their management on salary to get the job done. We ran into freon lines, tearing lines out of walls, cutting pipes, using band saws, and etc... etc... We had zero support through the entire project except for a group of construction team who just did most of the demolition and frame work/drywall. They only did the serious construction, we were responsible for everything else. We also had to work in a sawdust ridden work area for weeks. We had to do interviews with saws in the background and pretty much could taste the cement and dust they were cutting/stirring up. After the store was nearly ready to open, and a day or two before we opened the doors to public. THATS when they send in a team of like 12 people to pretty much take over the location completely. They actually got rid of the entire management team a few months after, so it proved to me; They only used that management team to help them rebrand, remodel, and gut out that restaurant. That's when they decided to get rid of them. Very disrespectful, uncooperating cooperation. Very much focused on extreme numbers. Goals that are almost impossible, literally. We were having to schedule 1 cook, 1 bartender, 1 server and hope for the best to meet what they were demanding. This was effecting guest service, team morale, and the management team; as they were held responsible for any complaints or issues as well as take up any slack in the kitchen, bar, dining room. I understand that is a Manager's role, but only having 3 staff throughout an entire shift is ridiculous. If you want to work somewhere, and you have NO LIFE. That means NO KIDS, NO FAMILY, NO WIFE, NO HUSBANDS, than this MIGHT be the place for you. I wouldn't recommend it. Much happier without the money and having my life back.

Advice to Management

Take care of your management team. You had good, honest people working for you. Now you have people who are out for every 19 year old girl they can hire, and hope they have the slightest chance. This a mentality I have seen many of their managers have, as I have traveled to many different locations in the cooperation. It is a majority of a male driven cooperation, as it is a sports bar. Take care of your staff. They are working just as hard to impress, as you hold them accountable for every little thing. Relax some and let good vibes flow. Have more staff so that the GUEST is TAKEN CARE OF. This is the only way you will result in building sales. You can't be worried about only making sure you hit your numbers if your trying to build sales too. Sometimes you have to take a loss to make a "WOW" statement. You have to make a reason for guests to come see you and crappy service/bare minimum staff is not going to help you. This shows that the majority of the people in home office, truly do not know what they are doing. They try to run everything from a spreadsheet, rather than being involved and truly getting their hands dirty. Wasted 4 years of my life with this company.

10. A sinking ship

Former Employee - Bartender
    Former Employee - Bartender

I worked at T.MAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relatively flexible scheduling, and decent money due to everyday traffic

Cons

No communication between employees, or management. There is no clear direction or organization when it comes to ordering and placing beers in the wall. The kitchen is a black hole, unable to properly deliver food, on time or made correctly.

Advice to Management

Figure out your identity crisis. You're no longer Taco Mac, but now you have 6 new tacos and a Taco Tuesday? Learn how to actually manage your employees and communicate with them. Hire managers that actually have bar experience

11. Continue to Love My Job!

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at T.MAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We sell craft beer and delicious food in a fun sports environment - what's not to love?! The team is fantastic and Management recognizes and rewards results. Very clear goals communicated, so we all know what we're working toward.

Cons

Restaurants - we work while others play so the hours can be long during certain periods. There's always lots to be done!

Advice to Management

Continue the transparent communication and focus on process and planning ahead. The development and communication of our culture will help cement our future success.

RSS Feed </> Embed