T-Mobile

T-Mobile Reviews in Chattanooga, TN

Updated Mar 26, 2014

T-Mobile CEO John Legere

John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work (in 101 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store (in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas (in 85 reviews)

More Highlights
15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

T-Mobile Chattanooga, TN

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsIt was a good company to work for. They were very big on rewarding you for your good work, gave away a lot of prizes. Had lots of work schedules to choose from.

Consconstant change, sometimes had unrealistic quotas for the reps to try and reach each month

Great Job for entry level workers

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsBenefits were good, and the bonuses were nice.

ConsThe call center began to move toward sales.

Great benefits , too many cliques

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsGreat benefits, Great pay, do well pick the hours you want, option to change schedules every 6 months

ConsSched change every 6 months, managers and leads are worse than the employees that get hired. Too many cliques form and favoritism over other employees. As with any call center its a high turn over rate and they let just about anyone in there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not bad but not amazing

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN

Prosbenefits are fairly good at T-Mobile

Consmicromanaging is a plague at T-Mobile

Great Place To Work

ProsGreat benefits
    Fun environment
    Great pay for the position

ConsCan be very stressful
    Not enough opportunities for growth

A Ford Focus Engine with a BMW Frame

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsI can't think of anything positive. Refocus your entire approach on employee branding, create realistic expectations and ensure that your practice is TRULY what you ARE preaching.

ConsPoor management, revolving door. Refocus your entire approach on employee branding, create realistic expectations and ensure that your practice is TRULY what you ARE preaching.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefocus your entire approach on employee branding, create realistic expectations and ensure that your practice is TRULY what you ARE preaching.

A stressful place to work

Coach (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsT-Mobile has a great hiring process. They train you on the culture and what to expect when at the job ("A day in the life" is where you spend an hour sitting with a rep and see what they do and how it sounds). Lots of ongoing training.

ConsThis is a very numbers driven business. If you have trouble meeting, there will be a short ramp up time but after that, the path out the door takes a month or two. There is a lot of turn over due to the high level of stress and pressure to perform.

No chance for advancement. (They just closed 7 centers and have to find places for the top people from those centers. In the past two years only one opportunity to promote to coach and none for other!)

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the values you talk about

Satisfied

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsMarket, Technology, innovation, structure, employee benefits

ConsOwnership, Development, Competitiveness, aggressive marketing

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Was a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsGreat training, excellent benefits and compensation. Rewards for front line employees and excellent incentives for performance. Great help for work life balance.

ConsWeak supervisors with little skill for developing people, mostly numbers driven organization now and likely to get worse with the acquisition. Terrible and useless middle management. Completely useless senior manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow something about the work you are trying to manage, realize developing behaviors is a much more beneficial process that managing numbers which turn into the flavor of the week.

Great until Sue Nokes left and then the German CEO ran the employees and customers into the ground.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsGreat cost of benefits, very rich health and medical plan and small employee contribution. 401K fully vested after 30 days and good company match. Really all that is left are the benefits.

ConsSince the past 2 years have been spent courting AT&T to buy them they have run the employees ragged and pimped out their customers. The new management has created an area of call center "gaming" ie adding things to peoples accounts when they call in even if they dont ask for it. Also going from outstanding award winning customer service to low down money grubbing hard sales persons. Expected to make high sales quotas when customers called to get a problem resolved all while doing this within 4 minutes or less. Also they expected us to do billing, tech support (even complicated tech support for blackberry's and such), and sell useless features, in less than 4 minutes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to your roots before you became like everyone else and actually offered customer service that kept customers loyal! Treat your employees well and they will do the same for your customers.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!