T-Mobile Reviews in Chicago, IL

3.6
2,205 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work (in 101 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store (in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas (in 85 reviews)

More Highlights

45 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Face to face customer service, product knowledge, goals have to made by the end of the month.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interaction with different customers from different places and backgrounds. Having the opportunity to help customers with their cellular needs successfully so that they would feel comfortable about referring you to other potential customers. Making goals was a great feeling of accomplishment.

Cons

The frustrations of not meeting sales goals during slow months or just months when I've only missed goals by one or two sales.

I believe that sale goals have to be adjusted monthly according to business because and hours worked because some months the store revenue isn't as high as previous months and that should be factored into sale goals at the end of the month so that adjustments can be made. I also believe that hours worked should play a big role in setting goals because I shouldn't be expected to make the same goals in a 20 hour week that I make in a 30 hour week and if I'm on vacation for 5 days out of month that should be considered.

Lacking in leadership

Former Employee - RSA  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - RSA in Chicago, IL

I worked at T-Mobile part-time for more than a year

Pros

Keeping up with latest Tech, Benefits

Cons

Very Micro Managed ie. Regional Manager daily emails to store employees, changing commission structure, work compared to district and regional employees

T-mobile has way too many stores and now they are opening Metro PCS Stores very close to T-mobile Stores but still expect their employees to maintain new activation, Not allowing TPR stores withing 10 miles of a corporate store.

Disjointed, understaffed, and misdirected.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some managers are very good, benefits are good.

Cons

HQ is clueless, and micromanages their micromanagement - leaving little time to work.

Stop micro-managing adults like children - you'll get MUCH better results. There are way too many fire-drills, and priorities shift almost hourly. Roll up your sleeves and actually DO some of the work to understand what it takes - instead of just criticizing it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Sales Leader

Current Employee - Retail Sales Leader  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay, great vacation time and innovative company.

Cons

It's difficult, even with commission, to make more than a certain amount at each position.

Give the middle management more opportunity for advancement and more incentive with better commission opportunities.

Store Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

Great retail "in store" environment. Other employees in other departments are very open to collaborating to make things happen...New CEO appears to be taking things in a new direction. Hopefully that can trickle down to mid-management,

Cons

Lack of sense of direction. The company is not sure who they are. A person has to work there an eternity in order to get promoted. Lack of focus on building bench internally.

Focus on what is important. Balloons are not important! Diversity is important!

Flexible hours

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

You make the best of your experience

Cons

Falling market share against AT&T and Verizon

Not bad.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great commission and bonuses available. Nice employee plans for phones with unlimited everything. Makes you think on your feet at all times.

Cons

Managers seem to suffer from a god complex and act as if their job is curing cancer. Pretty standard with retail jobs.

Your management team needs to be approachable and my current management team is the exact opposite. Customers complain about their attitudes constantly. We get it, it's sales, but lighten up!

Poor,Fake,DISAPPOINTMENT. They don't deserve a full sentence.

Current Employee - RSA, RSM, RAM  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - RSA, RSM, RAM in Chicago, IL

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Their are no reasons to work for this company anymore. Their is no way to move up in the corp side and the TPR side does not pay properly . Commission is not real on the TPR side and they cut it in half on the corp side. I have worked for T-mobile going on 9 years and they could care less. I started as a part time rep in 2005 I have been promoted from part to full then to RAM with each promotion I made less money. My manager was holding me back from getting my own store so I could run their store. I left and went TPR so I could have my own store worst mistake I ever made in my life DO NOT GO TPR IF YOUR WORKING CORP.

Cons

CEO does nothing for employees. This is no longer a sales job it's a sell this stuff or get fired job. Since they went public it has gone down the tubes. TPR is so shady I can't believe t-mobile lets these bosses and owners take commissions from the front line that work hard for the sale. Goals very unrealistic . If you don't know someone on top of the food chain you will not move up. managers hold back good reps so they can keep them in store to do most of their work.

Listen to your front line. Your paper numbers will not last long. Set real goals .

Great Atmosphere to work in.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full-Time Benefits while only working Part-Time Hours.Flexibility of Hours and not being micromanaged.

Cons

Lack of employee development and to promote them. No matter how hard you work and the previous experience you have in the industry you have its hard to get promoted.

Leaders need to take more time to develop and promote great employees!

Great pay, Great environment, Fun work

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - District Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pay and benefits are excellent and the career path opportunities are abundant.

Cons

The culture is set up to be fantastic but is not translated well by VPs and Directors

listen to the frontline more closely and only do things that make sense and make money. too much busy work that doesn't add value.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!