T-Mobile

T-Mobile Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 20, 2014

T-Mobile CEO John Legere

John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work(in 100 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store(in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance(in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas(in 84 reviews)

43 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Flexible hours

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou make the best of your experience

ConsFalling market share against AT&T and Verizon

Disjointed, understaffed, and misdirected.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSome managers are very good, benefits are good.

ConsHQ is clueless, and micromanages their micromanagement - leaving little time to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro-managing adults like children - you'll get MUCH better results. There are way too many fire-drills, and priorities shift almost hourly. Roll up your sleeves and actually DO some of the work to understand what it takes - instead of just criticizing it.

Retail Sales Leader

Retail Sales Leader (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat benefits, competitive pay, great vacation time and innovative company.

ConsIt's difficult, even with commission, to make more than a certain amount at each position.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the middle management more opportunity for advancement and more incentive with better commission opportunities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not bad.

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat commission and bonuses available. Nice employee plans for phones with unlimited everything. Makes you think on your feet at all times.

ConsManagers seem to suffer from a god complex and act as if their job is curing cancer. Pretty standard with retail jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour management team needs to be approachable and my current management team is the exact opposite. Customers complain about their attitudes constantly. We get it, it's sales, but lighten up!

Store Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat retail "in store" environment. Other employees in other departments are very open to collaborating to make things happen...New CEO appears to be taking things in a new direction. Hopefully that can trickle down to mid-management,

ConsLack of sense of direction. The company is not sure who they are. A person has to work there an eternity in order to get promoted. Lack of focus on building bench internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on what is important. Balloons are not important! Diversity is important!

Poor,Fake,DISAPPOINTMENT. They don't deserve a full sentence.

RSA, RSM, RAM (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTheir are no reasons to work for this company anymore. Their is no way to move up in the corp side and the TPR side does not pay properly . Commission is not real on the TPR side and they cut it in half on the corp side. I have worked for T-mobile going on 9 years and they could care less. I started as a part time rep in 2005 I have been promoted from part to full then to RAM with each promotion I made less money. My manager was holding me back from getting my own store so I could run their store. I left and went TPR so I could have my own store worst mistake I ever made in my life DO NOT GO TPR IF YOUR WORKING CORP.

ConsCEO does nothing for employees. This is no longer a sales job it's a sell this stuff or get fired job. Since they went public it has gone down the tubes. TPR is so shady I can't believe t-mobile lets these bosses and owners take commissions from the front line that work hard for the sale. Goals very unrealistic . If you don't know someone on top of the food chain you will not move up. managers hold back good reps so they can keep them in store to do most of their work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your front line. Your paper numbers will not last long. Set real goals .

Great Atmosphere to work in.

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFull-Time Benefits while only working Part-Time Hours.Flexibility of Hours and not being micromanaged.

ConsLack of employee development and to promote them. No matter how hard you work and the previous experience you have in the industry you have its hard to get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeaders need to take more time to develop and promote great employees!

Great pay, Great environment, Fun work

District Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe pay and benefits are excellent and the career path opportunities are abundant.

ConsThe culture is set up to be fantastic but is not translated well by VPs and Directors

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the frontline more closely and only do things that make sense and make money. too much busy work that doesn't add value.

Great company from a long-time vet

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSenior leadership within T-Mobile appears to really be getting their act together and attempting to compete in the marketplace. They are innovating the industry arguably every quarter with a new offerings, listening to customers needs, and making the proper adjustments to gain new business. As for store managers, like any position your leadership depends on where you work and who is above you. In my opinion, this is a good position for someone who has retail leadership experience as the expectations for performance and detail are high. That being said, the expectations range pending your direct supervisor.

ConsI'm worried that all this great activity from T-Mobile leadership with crumble one day because the competition will overcome them. ATT almost did it and now there are rumors Softbank will.

good at first but downhill from there

Project Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsT-Mobile has standards and policies in place and it is a professional work environment with great benefits and good pay.

ConsOnce they decide to get rid of you, they start making things up to begin the process. Stay on if you have done nothing wrong until they offer you a severance package!

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the laws and be sure to choose worthy applicants for Senior Management.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!