T-Mobile

3.7
2,428 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • Very relaxed and laid back company to work at so there is a great work-life balance (in 117 reviews)

• The company over all treats their employees very well with great benefits even at a part time level (in 319 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance in my role is hard because of the region I support (in 64 reviews)

• Unrealistic expectations and lots of unnecessary tasks requested by upper management (in 98 reviews)

More Highlights

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Benefits and Company vision.

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and unified company goals across the organization. Departments worked well together while engaged in building cell site projects, rolling out promotions and helping each other across the organization.

Cons

I don't see many cons to working here... The only small negatives I experienced was the company ending/removing small employee discounts such as free phones and the way the employee phone plans work. Don't let that keep you from working for a great company.

Great company!!!!!!!
    Maybe!

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's all about sales honesty if your good your golden,Great company to work for they give pretty mutch any one a chance to get there foot in the door.
    Some of my coworkers have 1 year sales experience some have none they give a change to anyone with a positive attitude!!!
    A huge plus can be there is absolutely no limit to what you can make as far as commission goes!!!!!!

Cons

I was one of the lucky ones I have no complaints at all, management was tuff on me at the beginning but after a bit they stop micro managing once they know you can handle tour own

Keep the bonuses more often!!!!

Good!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy sales, fair pay and good benefits.

Cons

Incompetent middle and lower management and questionable company ethics.

Hire more educated management.

Retail Sales Associate

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The base pay is ok, the commission is good even though they restructured it and made some cuts, there are bonuses and extra incentives.

Cons

The level of micromanagement is way too high, everything is micromanaged, even what you can and cannot talk about. Associates are not allowed to talk about anything non-related to wireless service or cellphones in the sales floor. Unwilling to work with school schedule. The company shuns you if your not meeting the ridiculously high goals. Their "performance seminar" are very unprofessional and district manager is more like a drill instructor than a leader. Although they expect professionalism from all employees, leader fails at living up to the high expectations they have of everyone else. Their "culture and values" are hippo critical, they enforce a robot like mindset where employees become slaves to the company. CUSTOMERS GET RIPPED OFF ALL THE TIME by dishonest employees and HIDDEN CHARGES. Everyone tries to cover for each other. No one takes responsibility and no one gets punished. The pay is good but not worth being treated like a slave.

Although the pay is good, management should focus on the culture of theft they are promoting. It is not fair for customer or employees to get taken advantage of by top leadership. There are many hidden charges that employees cant explain. Honesty and integrity are punished in this corrupt company. STOP TREATING YOUR EMPLOYEES LIKE SLAVES.

Corporate America at its best.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

some flexible hours if you have the right manager.
    health insurance at part time hours.

Cons

Hard work never pays off as promotions go to who ever is in the inner circle with the district manager at the moment.
    management rather yell at your for not hitting goal and not give any insight on to how to hit your objective or why its important.
    Tenure means nothing at the company just how you are performing that month.
    new CEO came in and gutted a lot of employee programs/perks to save money while keeping executive perks in tact.

Look at your top sales associates for promotions rather than hiring from the outside.

Great job, no stability..

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

great pay
    great benefits
    freedom to control work schedule

Cons

no stability with every changing policys
    lack of long standing structure

built laid out plans to execute out in the field.

Retail Associate Manager

Former Employee - Retail Associate Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Retail Associate Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Mostly pleasant and relaxed environment. Fair compensation--as long as you get scheduled to work actual full time hours. People can move up relatively quickly as long as you play the politics right.

Cons

Management is sometimes under-trained or misses the business focus they should have. It can be a very political environment. Sometimes you get stuck with immature middle managers that base their decisions on whether they like you.

Make sure your mid-level managers use objective criteria and not politics to favor or blacklist their employees.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, great compensation, great benefits, great values.

Cons

None Really. Great place to work.

Keep it up

Almost 5 years of doing my managers job!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at T-Mobile

Pros

Medical Benefits
    Not much else as far as Pros...

Cons

Revolving door Market managers
    Revolving door co workers
    poor compensation
    Commissions change for the worse every year
    Waste of company time/money on worthless training/meetings (reps knew more than managers)

Hire managers from WITHIN the industry. Having a MM from Victoria's Secret does not help...
    Promote from within, and be very mindful of who you promote! None of this favoritism crap. Just because your mother is the West side MM does not mean you are qualified for a promotion.
    STOP changing the pay structure for the worse.
    Train your Store Managers and your MM's properly before you place them in a leadership role. Nothing worse than knowing more about the products you sell than your MM.

Used to Be Great - Rapidly Heading Downhill

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

The benefits package is top notch. At the time of writing this review, health coverage is excellent and extremely affordable for both PT and FT associates, educational assistance is provided for those going to school with courses that relate to the job, PTO accrues quickly, as well as a great phone and plan discount.

Cons

Important company and product changes are hardly communicated in a timely fashion - I usually find out about it via "leaked" internet boards like TmoNews! It's hard to provide strong customer service, when our customers know more about company info than we do!

In comparison to the other three nationwide carriers, our compensation, both hourly and commission, is pitiful. The company changes focuses all the time, on a whim, and what was important to sell or focus on two weeks ago is no longer important and suddenly they want you to be master of this other arbitrary metric.

There is a lot of favoritism in who gets promoted and often outright unfairness on who suddenly will get terminated. If you have great numbers, you're rarely recognized for it. If you have one bad month after several great months, suddenly you're treated like dirt and your job is being threatened. Lately, the pattern feels like T-Mobile wants to get rid of all their longtime people in order to pull in some new (cheaper?) talent.

You need to stop withholding important company information from your frontline employees. If you are discontinuing a phone, let us know as soon as you make the decision! If you are launching a new phone, don't send us an email on all the specs two days before launch! And please, value your employees that have stuck by your side, especially through this impending acquisition. Yes, hiring new people tends to be cheaper (especially since formal training is practically non-existant), but you're shooting yourself in the foot. You wonder why numbers are down and other metrics aren't high enough...this is why!