T-Mobile

T-Mobile Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 22, 2014

T-Mobile CEO John Legere

John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work(in 101 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store(in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance(in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas(in 85 reviews)

34 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great and exceptional

Senior RF Engineer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsT Mobile has a great work environment, flexibility and has a passion for the employees. The company strives to improve employee satisfaction.

ConsPoor management and lack of check on some poor managers in the work force. Some managers work their way up purely on the basis of connections without much on their resume.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have some check on managers in engineering.

Bad commission structure

Mobilesales (Current Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsDiscounts on plans and products

ConsDishonest commission structure and low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't cheat your employees

Good Company to Work for and Gain experience

Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros-Benefits Medical, Dental, vision, and 401K Great and they also offer student assistance and rembursement
    -Great company to work for and gain experience in sales with opportunity to move up to management

Cons-The training is not the best training, its more of hands on training which can be good but bad at the sometime since you'll make plenty of mistakes along the way.
    -Upper management is not the best out there a lot of favoritism within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those who really show the qualities of a leader and coach, not those who spend the most time kissing up to upper management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Benefits but company lacks focus

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsWorking for T-mobile even as a part time representative can be a great job. The benefits made available to employees are great and include health & dental, 401K, and discount phone service plus their are always perks made available via device manufacturers.

ConsThe company was not aggressive in getting top tier devices and building out a better network in the past and the perception that T-mobile is a terrible cell carrier has stuck with many people and the companies lack of major marketing akin to what rivals like Verizon have leaves it completely on representatives to overcome all of the negative feelings people have towards T-Mobile. While other companie advertise many of the devices and services that they offer T-Mobile is behind on this. At times customers just assume that they can not get a service or product from T-mobile and if the company doesn't take steps to change this perception even before people walk into the stores it's future does not look good.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing focus every five minutes and actually look at each store and area individually when putting together goals and focuses for representatives.

Values driven company.

Management (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe company puts a lot of sincere effort into staying true to their core values in all of the decisions they make. Great benefits and pay.

ConsConstant change that is intended to improve business creates huge workloads for everyone, and often does not result in the success they were seeking. Frequent changes to commission plans put strain on front line employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDetermine the target market and strategy and stick with it. Avoid confusing the customer with who T. Mobile wants to be.

Ever growing and learning environment.

Retail Associate Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGoal oriented work place
    Room to learn and grow
    Great benefits
    Positive work environment
    Job satisfaction
    Balance of work and play

ConsLong hours
    on your feet majority of the day

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with open communication

I am a long time employee, overall I am very satisfied with my career at T-mobile.

Retail Associate Manager (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGreat Health/Dental/Vision benefits, incredible employee phone program, employer matched 401K, opportunities for growth and professional development. Very positive Employee culture, T-mobile places a great deal of importance on values.

Consretail hours (lack of a set schedule), lack of payroll hours, constantly changing wireless environment, Sales staff could use a seperate in house customer service staff to help deal with Customer service issues

Rewarding if you work at it but be prepared to kiss ass to get promoted

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsExcellent benefits, work with really great people, decent paying job for fairly easy work, fun work environment

ConsPromotions are rarely based on performance and generally fall toward favoritism, upper executives in charge of retail operations have no clue how to handle retail operations, very weak infrastructure

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop making work unnecessarily difficult. Examples include token code system which adds an extra 1-5 minutes per each time we need to call customer service to fix a problem, trying to run all retail operations on Windows XP with a 4 year old version of Internet Explorer, outsourcing a lot of certain departments which have no idea what they are doing when we need to call to get things done (Prepaid dept, Flexpay dept, Act dept)

100% who you know

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) West Covina, CA

ProsBenefits for part time employees

ConsEver changing commission structure that takes away pay

Promotions are never based merit, only politics.

mediocre

Sales (Current Employee) Orange, CA

ProsIt is a commission based job with hourly. You can also talk family members and individuals with add-ons to their phone plan which brings you more commission.

ConsManagement team was very imcompetent. All they cared about was numbers. Yeah I know it is a sales job but that does not allow managers to disrespect employees just because they are not at the "number" they want you to be at.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the basics of the phone and plans you are trying to have your team sell. It is not impressive when you see your manager come to you asking you simple technical questions while you are with a customer.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!