T-Mobile Reviews

Reset

1. Sales Leader

Former Employee - Retail Sales Leader in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Leader in Pasadena, CA

Pros

Great compensation, Great associates, Very easy to be noticed in each individual district. I was able to move up quickly as long as a got my name out there.

Cons

Miscommunication. Some instructions gets lost in translations when given from top management and fed through to bottom maanagement

No Life!

Current Employee - Retail Associate Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Associate Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid time off, benefits, discount of monthly service, first info on new products, get to wear jeans and sneakers.

Cons

You have no work life balance. You work even on your days off. You are in constant random meetings and it doesn't matter if you're off you still have to go. It's demanding, it's stressful. Your reps make more money than you while you work more hours and have no days off plus deal with so much pressure every day.

Advice to Management

Raise leader pay. How can reps Get paid more than managers? It's ludicrous

3. No good

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Laguna Niguel, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none - even our discounted lines stink now

Cons

To many to list No advancement Horrible attitudes

Advice to Management

Don't be so top heavy and hire experienced managers

Great diverse company to work for!

Current Employee - Retail Associate Manager in La Puente, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Associate Manager in La Puente, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team Cohesiveness, Team Building, Great Compensation, Great leaders

Cons

May take time to move up the leadership level, heavy competition

6. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Store Operations Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Store Operations Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working environment is great, and you get a lot of corporate support to meet your goals at your job. Benefits package is excellent! Perks are also great, my phone bill is $2 for my wife and I(that's only taxes). It's exciting to work for a company in which you totally believe in the product you sell, and being the uncarrier is definitely exciting.

Cons

Because the position I am in fairly new, the position is incredibly underpaid. Sales people make 3 - 4x more even as part timers even though operations associates tend to have busier days with a lot less downtime.. There is also no career path in this position unless you can move into sales. It feels like a leadership position without the pay.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the operations associate role. Yes, sales reps bring in the revenue, but operations associates reduce costs to the company, that is our number one responsibility. You need both to get your profit. Increase wages and create a road map for the position to reduce the very high turnover of this position. We as individuals save the company thousands a day in the most basic compliance tasks but see pennies in return.

7. Fun company, great management, and easy to grow.

Former Employee - Senior Retail Sales Representative in Rowland Heights, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Retail Sales Representative in Rowland Heights, CA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management team, and great products and service plan. Very young and fun place to work.

Cons

Very competitive goal and it is not the best place for people doesn't like to change rapidly.

Advice to Management

Floor coach representative with more patient, check in customer with a better system.

8. Great company

Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at T-Mobile (More than 3 years)

Pros

They care a flare at deal for their employees providing numerous benefits and opportunities to pretty much anyone who is willing to work hard and think outside the box.

Cons

Like any competitive industry you are beholden to sales goals which, at times, may not be representative of actual success; the result being good people losing incentive and bad people being rewarded... That said, they almost always get it right.

Advice to Management

Ask whether the objectives you set for your ground level people are mutually beneficial to their growth and the benefit of the organization. If the answer is no, go back to the drawing board. Don't force bad ideas and bad policies.

9. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Rosemead, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Rosemead, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy going Good pay Great benefits

Cons

I haven't had any bad experiences since I started to work for this company

10. My experience at T-Mobile was great because I gained knowledge and Growth which has helped me break out of my shell.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in San Fernando, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in San Fernando, CA

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Like I said in the last box, it has helped me grow and have been very beneficial to my growth as an adolescent taking his first big steps into my future into becoming a independent working adult. Its helped me grow out of being shy and helped give me the tools I needed to become more social and outgoing. This job was my first stepping stone in my journey into finding and obtaining a career that Ill love doing.

Cons

It was too fast paced for me only because it was my first job that required me to not only be socially inviting to build trust with a customer but also learn how to sell to a customer the right way by recommending and selling the product with confidence in why that product is right for them over any other. It was a bit too much to keep up with but I will say I gave it my best shot and did as good as I could do.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is be more supportive to your employees who are learning to gain great sales skills. Mistakes will always be made, but as a manager or assistant manager you should be able to encourage all of your employees equally and not single out the good employees but recognize each and all in some way to give motivation to try harder and not allow them to want to give up. A team means working together and not leaving no one behind but progressing and fixing any flaws together supportively with the strive to achieve success.

11. Good experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Northridge, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun to work with customers Commission is good if you sell well Coworkers are fun

Cons

Management is not too friendly or professional (mostly for branded companies) Almost always part-time

Advice to Management

Learn to manage people and what that means. Stop feeling so entitled, get over yourself and help others love life too lol

Showing 68 of 3,344 reviews