T-Mobile

T-Mobile Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 17, 2014

T-Mobile CEO John Legere

John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work (in 101 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store (in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas (in 85 reviews)

More Highlights
96 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company

T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSales commissions, health insurance, good culture,

ConsSlow process, incompetent store management, less hours etc

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us more hours.....

RSA

RSA (Former Employee) Woodbridge, NJ

ProsSomewhat flexible hours, decent pay, and decent benefits.

ConsHaving to deal with some extremely difficult customers, sometimes biased metrics, and standing all day long.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more commission.

Excellent

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) Staten Island, NY

ProsFlexible hours, self-motivation for success, personal growth

ConsCompany focus always changing, promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementPositive reinforcement, Manager support

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThey pay very well for the amount of work that we do. Everyone is really just a joy to work with.

ConsSome times customers can add some stress but with your team to help there is nothing you can't handle

Field Technician, Not a bad Gig!

Field Technician (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCompany Truck

Company Gas Card

Company Credit Card

Growth Opportunities (Sr Technician)

Not much Micromanaging (as long as you keep up with your assigned tasks and always update the Trouble Ticketing system) - I am sure this varies by manager/market.

ConsHigh Stress Environment.

Lots of windshield time driving.

Many different technologies to learn.

There is not much of a standard for how the Sites are built out since each site could have been built by different contractors. Some times this makes troubleshooting difficult.

Not much of a Team vibe, Most employees stay to themselves. Previous employers I have been with were much more about Teamwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers could look out more for their employees as opposed to always worrying about the bottom line. Some times safety is overlooked in favor of speediness of repairs/work completion.

Very financially rewarding in sales.

Business Sales Support Coordinator (Current Employee) Melville, NY

ProsGreat commission structure in retail, indirect and business channels. Benefits have been mostly good. Managers are usually very flexible and understand the importance of work-life balance.

ConsManagers over-complicate scheduling and can be very inflexible. If you have children that need childcare managers can make matters unnecessarily difficult. Healthcare benefits keep getting more and more expensive and cover less and less every year it seems.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out the personal politics. Hold tenured sales teams accountable for their duties. Remove the glass ceiling from above the heads of those that have not yet had the opportunity to become well connected solely based on tenure and afford ALL capable individuals fair opportunity to advance in the company. The company, now public, will have the best chance of meeting the goals set forth.

CSA

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe benefits were pretty good. Dental, vision and health. Co workers were friendly and helpful. Nice place to to work.

ConsHard to scale down to part time if you are on a full time team. Standing on feat all day. Customers freak out when their phone breaks!

Great times @ TMO

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Commision was great!
    - Amazing Co-Workers
    - Benefits were superb!

Cons- Part Time @ 30+ hours a week
    - Upper Management keeps eye on you
    - @ Times can be slow
    - Wacky rules , company tracks your moves online

Advice to Senior ManagementGive associates opportunity to move up, stop playing the system and have more full timers

sucks

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosits a job. to help feed my kids

Consno education and wanting to go get more education from management. the Pay is not good at all for all the work they want you to do. there is no job Security. and they will over work you.

Advice to Senior Managementyou have a Lot of hard working people in your company and there is no appreciation for those people. Im 3yrs in the company and work hard to try to grow and get more money. But didn't see the work in management for all my hard work. I feel over work under paid and NO appreciation.

Store Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsThis is a company where there i much room for growth within the company. Customers are happy with our services

ConsLong hours and not enough pay to compensate the amount of work being done

Advice to Senior ManagementHire new staff at higher salaries and would have better team placement in each store

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!