T-Mobile

T-Mobile Reviews in New York, NY

Updated Jul 3, 2014

T-Mobile CEO John Legere

John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work(in 101 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store(in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance(in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas(in 85 reviews)

41 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company

T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSales commissions, health insurance, good culture,

ConsSlow process, incompetent store management, less hours etc

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us more hours.....

Field Technician, Not a bad Gig!

Field Technician (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCompany Truck

Company Gas Card

Company Credit Card

Growth Opportunities (Sr Technician)

Not much Micromanaging (as long as you keep up with your assigned tasks and always update the Trouble Ticketing system) - I am sure this varies by manager/market.

ConsHigh Stress Environment.

Lots of windshield time driving.

Many different technologies to learn.

There is not much of a standard for how the Sites are built out since each site could have been built by different contractors. Some times this makes troubleshooting difficult.

Not much of a Team vibe, Most employees stay to themselves. Previous employers I have been with were much more about Teamwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers could look out more for their employees as opposed to always worrying about the bottom line. Some times safety is overlooked in favor of speediness of repairs/work completion.

CSA

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe benefits were pretty good. Dental, vision and health. Co workers were friendly and helpful. Nice place to to work.

ConsHard to scale down to part time if you are on a full time team. Standing on feat all day. Customers freak out when their phone breaks!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great times @ TMO

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Commision was great!
    - Amazing Co-Workers
    - Benefits were superb!

Cons- Part Time @ 30+ hours a week
    - Upper Management keeps eye on you
    - @ Times can be slow
    - Wacky rules , company tracks your moves online

Advice to Senior ManagementGive associates opportunity to move up, stop playing the system and have more full timers

sucks

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosits a job. to help feed my kids

Consno education and wanting to go get more education from management. the Pay is not good at all for all the work they want you to do. there is no job Security. and they will over work you.

Advice to Senior Managementyou have a Lot of hard working people in your company and there is no appreciation for those people. Im 3yrs in the company and work hard to try to grow and get more money. But didn't see the work in management for all my hard work. I feel over work under paid and NO appreciation.

Easy money

Sales Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsRespectful management good benefits stable pay and many opportunities for advancement.

ConsTedious operations competitive and demanding goals

Advice to Senior ManagementPOS is a bit slow, makes it hard to be prompt when servicing customers.

Great while it lasted!

Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe benefits, salary and schedules are great!! I was with the company for over five years and saw slot of change. Some of the change was for the good some was not but overall I had a great time while I was there!

ConsThe commission for managers was not in line with our teams. The RsA's could hit 50% to goal and bring home over $500 in commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-Align commission for everyone! Take care of your leaders just as you do the reps. Managers have a rough job and are accountable for the results of grown people!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A good place to work

Associate Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe compensation and benefits are excellent. A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work. Can develop great friendships .

ConsLow level job advancement can be achieve however higher level job advancement is limited. This could turn around with the changes being made within the company under the current management but only time will tell.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrevious Executive management were known to do pop up visit I think they were good because it kept the retail store employees on their toes. It's not enough the look good and play good when the parents are home but it's how you act when they go on vacation and leave you at home, alone.

It is like all the other telecom companies but more desperate.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPerformance Incentives were ok at the time.

ConsWorking 50 to 60 hours a week with no compensation and little reward for job well done.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the Get More Values Made the Company Great... Those are all gone to individual company clique within a company.

Positive environment with hardworking people.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAdvancement opportunities, great and friendly staff

ConsLong hours, retail demands a lot

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!