T-Mobile Reviews

3.6
2,298 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • They have also been really flexible with my schedule which helps my home/work life balance (in 116 reviews)

• The company over all treats their employees very well with great benefits even at a part time level (in 313 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 60 reviews)

• Unrealistic expectations and lots of unnecessary tasks requested by upper management (in 96 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall a really good company to work for

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, really good benefits, tuition reimbursement is excellent. They have also been really flexible with my schedule which helps my home/work life balance

Cons

In my personal experience, middle management can leave a lot to be desired, and leadership can be questionable

Sometimes the best leaders are not your top sales people or middle management puppets

T-Mobile, a great company to work for

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. T-mobile is a great company to work for, they look out for their employees, but I work in a Retail Store, and its either a win or lose situation depending on who they hire for your manager.

Cons

leadership can be very unprofessional. feel as though I am being Micro Managed. Our current Retail Sales Manager is horrible, she's received several complaints from the team as well as customers, but she is somehow still employed with the company after very unethical things have bee reported on her

Good place to be

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is great with plenty of PTO and good pay. Relaxed environment for being a large corporation. Great people work here, very low turnover therefore you have many sources for learning. T-Mobile does a good job of hiring like-minded candidates and you can trust your coworkers to get their share of the job completed.

Cons

Sometimes you can be spread thin, however it is usually just opportunities to show how you can excel. It is balanced out with downtime other times of the year.

Couldn't ask for more!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Meridian, ID

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay/bonus opportunities, benefits, culture, and leadership teams! I've had lots of opportunities to grow in my career and provide support in many ways to fellow reps. I feel like you get out of the job what you put into it! if you have a great attitude and come to work ready to make a positive experience for the customer, the rest follows through and you are rewarded for your efforts!

Cons

drama between co-workers can be difficult, especially in a competitive metric-based environment. You really have to watch what you say to certain people because you don't want to give anyone the wrong idea of how you feel.

Y'all are amazing!!

Best Paying & Most Consuming Part-Time Position There Is

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great commission model, opportunity to make a lot of money in commission, great base pay

Cons

Very consuming PT job, can be stressful, upper management is never satisfied

Upper management needs to recognize actual sales environment.

I am greatly happy about my time and experience with T-mobile.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was a very relax and easy work space..you were rewarded for your work and that gave you the drive to work harder.

Cons

Everyone can be helped..some are just harder then others. T-mobile showed me to approach things in more then one direction

N/A

T-Mobile shows their appreciation for a job well done by their incredibly competitive compensation packages.

Current Employee - Account Representative, Small Business
    Current Employee - Account Representative, Small Business

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

Love the transparent nature of the rate plans, the candid truth pitched by leadership, and the community...we work together as one team! Incredibly competitive compensation and room for growth. T-Mobile has taught me how sales can change my life.

Cons

Some of the day to day operations are a bit rough, and communication of processes within the company is not always explicit. Things are on the right track but there's work to be done.

More focus and marketing towards B2B where growth potential is huge. Coverage--more investment in Midwest states that are lacking in towers.

better before retention

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Salem, OR

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

benefits, pay, chances to bonus, move up in to management, the ceo is amazing, easy metrics to meet, wonderful gen care training.

Cons

customer abuse, managers pushing sales when telling us they aren't important, lack of communication between management and team leaders, horrible retention training.

not push those who aren't ready for promotions to go. Also, don't let your 'managers' talk down to your employees to the point it makes them feel their is no hope.

My experience taught me a lot about commercial sales.

Former Employee - Commercial Account Executive in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Commercial Account Executive in Concord, CA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

T-Mobile has the support in place to help you with the sales process.

Cons

Internal policies with finance and deal approvals hinder deals and slow down the process.

Streamline the finance process to speed up deals.

5 months in, Still love it

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay! I work part-time at T-mobile and make between 4,000 and 5,000 a month. Our goals aren't that hard to meet since the company is growing rapidly.

There's plenty of upward mobility, I'm actually meeting with someone to talk about getting a job in another part of the company with my degree from VCU.

Management treats you like you're part of the family. They will be your best friend when everything's going well but definitely let you know when they expect more of you. But they don't just say,"You're doing terrible", they'll actually help you with whatever issues you have.

Cons

The in-store amenities other companies have, don't exist in some T-Mobile locations. Sometimes my nametag should say Greeter, Customer Service Specialist, Sales Rep and 'Closest thing to a manager until 2 days from now'.

During that 4 hour period that I'm helping fix someone else's mistake on a customer's account, I barely make any money and whoever else is there takes all the commission. Because of that, it's tempting to brush off customers who need help and refer them back to Customer Care even though you know exactly how to fix said issue.

The employee discount isn't the best.

Work - Life Balance. Your schedule is all over the place.

Expand the LTE network in Richmond as fast as you can.