T-Mobile

3.7
2,506 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • Very relaxed and laid back company to work at so there is a great work-life balance (in 117 reviews)

• The company over all treats their employees very well with great benefits even at a part time level (in 319 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance in my role is hard because of the region I support (in 64 reviews)

• Unrealistic expectations and lots of unnecessary tasks requested by upper management (in 98 reviews)

More Highlights

T-Mobile 2004-2013

Former Employee - Information Technology Specialist in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Information Technology Specialist in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile

Pros

Best place to develop professional and personal skills

Cons

fast paced business. must have work life balance

none

Retail Sales Associate

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Ocoee, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Ocoee, FL

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (less than an year)

Pros

T-Mobile is an awesome place for anybody who likes competition. They set high, but attainable goals for every rep. If you're making the goals then the money will follow. I love being able to demo the latest devices and then recommend the best solution for a customer walk out of the store with one in hand. Get at a high volume store, because every location is different and has its own traffic and customer base. Finally the scheduling is very flexible because you won't work more than 34 hrs a week, maybe even less.

Cons

Micro managing can be a headache because the sales lead is always over the sales rep shoulder making sure they're following this sales process. And honestly that's the only extremely aggravating thing I don't like about working sometimes, but it comes with the territory and if you follow the sales process you'll actually be successful and make a lot of money. But still it's sucks being told over and over what you already know, that's my all I'm sayin.

Reward more, and critique less.

Great company

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

Live this job a whole lot

Cons

Job is very consuming can be stressful

I love working here!

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity - working hard and delivering is rewarded both with promotions and financially. I've been here 8+ years through the rough times and now during the good times. Good times are more fun, but even during the tough times there was clear communication and consideration for people.

Cons

I'm in EIT and the hours can be crazy due to deployment schedules, etc., but that's part of the life of an IT person. My biggest gripe is that as T-Mobile has grown, process has become broader and more intrusive. Saying "no" is always easier than doing the work to make something happen. Too many people have been empowered to block progress, which means too much of my time is spent knocking down barricades rather than creating something of value.

My advice to management is to accept more risk in production and move to a development / testing / operations model that matches the rapid pace desire for change in support of the business. Reduce people who say "no" and improve the deployment process. There are too many people who believe that problems can only be solved by adding more checks and balances and increasing th process. If we change (and improve) the delivery process, we can still keep a fantastic uptime percentage and meet the needs of the business.

JOB experience at T-Mobile

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I worked at T-Mobile

Pros

Hourly plus commission, Mall Environment, Sales, flexible hours. Great for college students looking to work part time.

Cons

Hardwork to make commission with other sales employees. gotta revise plans, pricing etc. gotta meet monthly goals and that can get stressful!!!

to provide a better hourly rate for employees and not pressure them too much to meet the monthly goal

Retail Sales

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at T-Mobile

Pros

Generally positive environment, good benefits, great pay for retail

Cons

Sometimes difficult to make customers happy, some metrics are difficult to achieve

Could use better focus as there are numerous simultaneous initiatives, but overall solid team

solid company, friendly employees

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Product Management in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Product Management in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

lots of lateral opportunity, engaging work, friendly people

Cons

lack of accountability in many areas -- politics and sizzle often appear to be the most important thing

Love the company just need for it to promote the mobile work style it espouses to its employees.

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TMO is a mobile company but it ties its corporate employees to an old-school and outdated business model. You would think the firebrand CEO John Legere would be making great strides to modernize within the company as he has in marketing but it's just not so.

Cons

Loved the team and the company but they are behind the times and contradicting their own marketing.

Encourage telecommuting and the "mobile lifestyle" that the company sells to the public and business.

Great co-workers, understaffed

I worked at T-Mobile

Pros

Work life balance and salary were very good. My immediate supervisor was very knowledgeable and experienced, having worked his way up through the ranks. Upper level management worked hard at communicating with employees but was too far removed from the frontline to have a true understanding of a normal work load.

Cons

All of the departments in my office were understaffed. Positions were not back filled when employees left. The goals sent down from higher levels increased which added to a higher stress level.

Work in the understaffed departments and experience how employees deal with the workload.

Retail sales associate

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

Awesome benefits, great hrs and management is very efficient.

Cons

Most of salary rely on sales