T-Mobile Reviews

3.6
2,314 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • Very relaxed and laid back company to work at so there is a great work-life balance (in 116 reviews)

• The company over all treats their employees very well with great benefits even at a part time level (in 314 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 61 reviews)

• Unrealistic expectations and lots of unnecessary tasks requested by upper management (in 97 reviews)

More Highlights

T-Mobile, a great company to work for

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. T-mobile is a great company to work for, they look out for their employees, but I work in a Retail Store, and its either a win or lose situation depending on who they hire for your manager.

Cons

leadership can be very unprofessional. feel as though I am being Micro Managed. Our current Retail Sales Manager is horrible, she's received several complaints from the team as well as customers, but she is somehow still employed with the company after very unethical things have bee reported on her

Overall a really good company to work for

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, really good benefits, tuition reimbursement is excellent. They have also been really flexible with my schedule which helps my home/work life balance

Cons

In my personal experience, middle management can leave a lot to be desired, and leadership can be questionable

Sometimes the best leaders are not your top sales people or middle management puppets

Good place to be

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is great with plenty of PTO and good pay. Relaxed environment for being a large corporation. Great people work here, very low turnover therefore you have many sources for learning. T-Mobile does a good job of hiring like-minded candidates and you can trust your coworkers to get their share of the job completed.

Cons

Sometimes you can be spread thin, however it is usually just opportunities to show how you can excel. It is balanced out with downtime other times of the year.

Couldn't ask for more!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Meridian, ID

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay/bonus opportunities, benefits, culture, and leadership teams! I've had lots of opportunities to grow in my career and provide support in many ways to fellow reps. I feel like you get out of the job what you put into it! if you have a great attitude and come to work ready to make a positive experience for the customer, the rest follows through and you are rewarded for your efforts!

Cons

drama between co-workers can be difficult, especially in a competitive metric-based environment. You really have to watch what you say to certain people because you don't want to give anyone the wrong idea of how you feel.

Y'all are amazing!!

Best Paying & Most Consuming Part-Time Position There Is

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great commission model, opportunity to make a lot of money in commission, great base pay

Cons

Very consuming PT job, can be stressful, upper management is never satisfied

Upper management needs to recognize actual sales environment.

Great company to work for.

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

Company in great momentum. Going through systes modernization and very customer experience oriented.

Cons

Too many IT systems.

Select the best vendors to be part of the EIT suite.

Amazing place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at T-Mobile

Pros

Incredible benefits, management will help you get where you are trying to go. Promotes from within. I was proud to be part of the company and so was everyone else

Cons

None, I wish I still worked there!

Keep it up

Company on the rise

Current Employee - RF Engineer III in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - RF Engineer III in Frisco, TX

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fun work environment, improving market position

Cons

Can be overly frugal at times.

Relax, and have more fun.

Marketing Group

Former Employee - Director CRM in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Director CRM in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

T-Mobile is taking some bold and aggressive moves to turn the company around; leadership built the new strategy and is committed to execute it. The new CEO is visible and entertaining in regular town-halls and a media obviously loves him.
    The org is not really flat but roles and responsibilities are pretty clear, in general everybody knows what his or her job is and what goal they have to achieve. Most roles give you room to shape your topic and try things out, not just execute. T-Mobile is very insights and numbers driven, if you know how to build business cases and can tell a story people will listen and you have the chance to land things and drive impact.
    If you like a dynamic, fast paced environment, T-Mobile is definitely the right spot for you. Hard to hide, managers will give you challenging tasks and do regular check-ins.
    I have seen several promotions, had the chance as a manager to promote folks from my team as well.
    T-Mobile offers trainings but you really learn the most on-the-job.

Cons

T-Mobile is trying to change the market and is also changing internally quite a bit. They bought and integrated Metro PCS. Re-orgs every 6-12 months are common.
    T-Mobile is constantly talking to potential buyers (ATT, Sprint, Iliad), Pretty much everyone got stocks when TMO went public, a lot of folks are only staying hoping for the big exit. Especially true for some VP and SVPs. So you could meet folks that are more hedging than willing to lead and be innovative. Also means you have quite some politics in some areas.
    Office culture is 9-5 or longer and a lot of manager want to see and be seen around. Not a lot of folks I met could leverage home-office.
    Benefits are still ok but were reduced. They took away the free soda. Only have a small cafeteria in the Bellevue HQ.

sales manager

Former Employee - Retail Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Manager

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great place to work back in the day. market is now saturated with cell phones so its hard to earn high commissions.

Cons

Saturated market, low monthly commissions.

None.