T-Mobile Reviews

Reset
1.0
T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • Work life balance could be a challenge at times when running IT operations for such a large organization but management is very accommodating (in 117 reviews)

• T-Mobile also provides a really great benefits package (in 319 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not always observed at higher levels (in 64 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't provide support for problems (in 98 reviews)

1. Business Analyst

I worked at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

Cheap cellular. Relaxed atmosphere. Free drinks

Cons

Key hires brought in from DT Parent. Closed organization. Lack of vision. No strategy

2. Just Follow

Former Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA

Pros

It's a contractors paradise. Good pay. Can work on anything irrespective of skill set. Easy to get promotion and to change roles, just maintain a good relationship with management.

Cons

No work life balance. No appreciation to low level employees. No real growth for a skilled person. You just need to bind to the rules set by non technical managers even though its not working.

Advice to Management

Most of the technical management are of Non-Technical or from other skill set. Hard to work with them. Check their decisions and their actions if they are valid, valuable and of real use.

3. Recent Unfair Practice

Current Employee - Store Operations Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Operations Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty much make your own schedule, flexible, good benefitsl, chance to work with a wonderful group of people

Cons

Have recently reduced a reduction of hours due to a corporate decision that people in my position are overworked and doing too much work outside the job description. Although the work is by choice, they don't want us to enjoy our position. Looking for another job right now

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! You have just made the worst decision ever because hundreds of once loyal employees are about to leave because of this rash and unfair decision

5. Poor management

Pros

There are no pros working for this company

Cons

Management is a big joke

6. Horrible

Former Employee - FCR in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - FCR in Birmingham, AL

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Health Insurance and Benefits package. Plus phone service and sometimes free products.

Cons

No guarantee on shift. Managers treat you like a slave because they are more concerned about their bonus $. Company made several changes while i was there, not giving us enough time to learn new procedures and then they change again. Managers and Sr. Reps hovering over your, basically screaming at you to get the customer off the phone.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect.

Senior Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent. And despite the constant internal swirl and changes in direction internally, the company is doing some pretty awesome things for consumers. And I've definitely learned a lot -- trial by fire. HQ is just a miserable place to work. I've heard better things at the retail/frontline level.

Cons

There is zero alignment at the leadership level which makes it impossible to do your job. Rather than align on a vision early, leadership seems to pride themselves in making last minute pivots and complete changes in direction to the point where a project can change dramatically several times in one day the day before a launch. It's utter madness. Very little value is placed on employees' well-being or success. And the lack of diversity at the top (all white males) really affects the work produced. It feels like there's a definite glass ceiling for women. As much as the company likes to preach being progressive and "un-carrier" it really treats people at HQ like garbage. It's not uncommon for people to be yelled at publicly, and work all hours of the day/night and weekends, regardless of family obligations. I would say avoid this company at all costs.

Advice to Management

They need to find alignment and loosen the reigns a bit, allowing people to do their jobs. There's so much micro-management at the top level. Senior leaders can frequently derail a project or campaign that they have no real expertise in. Back off and trust the people you hire to deliver great results. Figure out a process that doesn't require constant last minute changes and revisions, and you'll see less burn out in employees. And give opportunities to the many very talented women in the company who have earned the right to advance.

8. Does care about their people in retail

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Augusta, GA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great and that is the only pro

Cons

You work hard and are not paid what you are worth and they do not care about you as a person.

9. Great for college students

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are very accommodating with school schedules (as most retail positions are) and I believe they even reimburse you up to a certain amount if your coursework will benefit the company.

Cons

Performance does not get you promoted, no matter how many times they tell you differently. Commission is constantly being miscalculated.

Advice to Management

Get it together. Work on developing current employees, rather than hiring outside candidates with no wireless experience.

10. sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at T-Mobile (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, money is not to bad

Cons

Worst company ever, things change every day never a constancy. They treat employees like they don't care. Worked 10 years. Great at my job. Just got so tired of the company switching things every day to every month.

11. Bush-League to the Extreme. The Worst Job I Have Ever Had!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great medical benefits. Very affordable with good coverage. Nowhere near as what I get through my current employer, but very good nevertheless.

Cons

Everything except for benefits. -Managers lie about compensation when you start. He said starting pay with commission was $40,000 on average, but no one in my store made anything close to that. More like $30,000 if you work your tail off and are willing to completely give up all of your integrity. -They completely eliminated full-time and lead positions, meaning that if you wanted to be promoted from part-time sales associate you'd have to apply to become an assistant store manager. -Absolutely no standards on employee conduct. You have to take verbal abuse and even threats of violence. You either have to accept it or quit, even if you fear for your safety. Regional management will not back you up and does not care. HR Integrity Department leaves all important matters of abuse, inappropriate threats and major problems of integrity up to regional management. If it doesn't hurt their bottom line, they brush it aside every time. -Training is a joke. They spend all the time teaching you how to sell their products as if you're 18 and have no sales experience. You get no time learning how to actually do anything with the internal systems. This taxes the productivity of existing employees once you start and it shows in their attitude towards towards all newcomers. What's worse, none of the managers who facilitate the training even seem the least bit familiar with it, yet everyone expects you to come out learning all the things it doesn't cover. They generally ask, "What the heck did they cover in the training? You guys don't know anything!" You had better pretend to know and learn extremely fast on the fly or you could get fired before the end of your probationary period. -The employee discounts aren't that great. You have to pay full price for your device and JUMP. Your bill will still be roughly $50-$60 per month after the plan discount instead of the standard consumer price of $90-$100. Most major cellular carriers completely cover the cost of the employee phones, which sort of just makes sense. -You will work on the slowest computers on earth which have essential software required to do your job. They crash more than they actually let you do what they're designed to do, meaning you will be stuck working on something complicated over the phone with activations/support department. The person on the other end of the line barely speaks English AND has equally poor training. Meanwhile, customers are walking in the door waiting forever to be helped and eventually leave out of frustration. I regularly thought to myself, "Welp, there went $75 in commission... Oh, she left too. $45 more" -Terrible customer service. Managers solution for customers who need help is to give them the 1-800 number for T-Mobile and have us walk away. Yes, really. This holds true even if it was an issue created by an employee in the store moments earlier. If a customer has a problem with being handed an 1-800 number, managers trained us to say "This is a sales store, not a customer service store. Sorry, I can't help you". They even have us say this line to customers merely coming in to pay their bill because it costs the store a "door swing" (they're counted by regionals). The managers solution to this was to sell to people so hard they would get tired of it and not come in anymore out of disgust.

Advice to Management

None. I hope the entire company is sold and put into more responsible hands.

Showing 195 of 3,350 reviews