T-Mobile Reviews

3.6
2,208 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work (in 101 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store (in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas (in 85 reviews)

More Highlights

I worked for them for 6 years, and they really suck....

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The 401 K plan was pretty good....than they put a bunch of restictions and fine print to save money...

Cons

cant get two days off in a row...can never get a weekend day off....didnt know your schedul till a night before the week started, so you can never make plans in advance....no hiring from within....unrealistic sales goals....commissions keep getting smaller and smaller every year with more fine print....they stagger the positions too, so that way it takes way longer to move up thru the corporate ladder...exp in the old days only 2 sales psoitions and than you move to assitant manager....now they added a few more positions in between, so it takes longer to move up the corporate ladder....

I trained an employee who ended up getting the promotion i wanted....

I WOULD NOT WANT A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER TO WORK TO TMOBILE

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tmobile has great benefits. If i dont have anything else good to say about working for that company that is one and only good thing i can say.

Cons

The challenges of working at tmobile is that you feel as if you are walking into a fire zone when you arrive to work. The call center driving up to it always made me feel depressed and hopeless. During training they will wheel you in to make it feel as if it was one of the best places in the world to work in reality it was one of the worse places to work. I thank God for getting me out of that war zone!!!

Management should not make the reps feel as if there job is in jeopardy on a daily basis. To have to come to work and feel as if it could be your last day is depressing and scary especially when you do the best you can do. When your shift start and you are sitting in that pod on those phone for some people 8+ hours a day trying your hardest to meet that sales goal and its not happening and then you got somebody walking around that pod on your back saying you havent added a feature all day.. i see why some reps started to just add features on the customers account. I never did it personally bc i was too scared to do it but it was tempting bc thats how heavy and stressful it got on me.

The managers will be on you constantly while your on calls, be warned!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Mission, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mission, TX

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great money and great managers (i was in technical support)

Cons

Noisy environment, music was always super loud while on calls and even customers would complain to me to have the music turned down but i couldn't. Managers would literally stand behind me while on calls and would constantly shout and yell out feedback while i was trying to help customers, which made it very hard to do my job. I would always feel stressed out before coming into work because they will listen to your calls every day and they never give you a break which makes the money not worth it to me. They are now making you work on all holidays, including thanksgiving and christmas, ridiculous!

Lower the music and give us more trust to take care of the customer instead of watching over us like children every day.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible

Former Employee - Renew and Rewards  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Renew and Rewards in Nashville, TN

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the Supervisors are GREAT!

Cons

One supervisor in particular. She stepped over the line to ask me if I believe in God, and that was none of her business. Went to HR and nothing was done.

Dated but relevant

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Senior Representative  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Senior Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everything was awesome in the beginning. I started at T-Mobile when it was still not quite a major competitor and employees were taken care of, money was great, opportunity for advancement, bonuses all the time. And the happy reps were entitled to assist the customers and make them happy in return.

Cons

Everything went down hill after the announced (but never completed) at&t merger. Staff at most call centers were slashed to half or less within weeks of the announcement. Higher paid reps were given their walking papers the day after the announcement. In truth we should have seen it coming. For months ahead of time reps were being treated like crap and being forced to try to sell on every single call. 70 year old grandparents who text their grandkids on their birthdays didn't need unlimited text.

Go back to the beginning. Start treating reps right again and be the J.D. Power winners you used to be.

Worst experience I've ever had with a Company

Current Employee - Customer Service Coach  in  Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Meridian, ID

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the people are nice. The job isn't that demanding or difficult.

Cons

This is a serious boy's club. They will also say that they believe in work-life balance, but if you aren't putting in at least 60 hours a week, you are "under-performing", even if the rest of the feedback you get is positive. Definitely all lip service.

Get to know the people you hire and who are working for you.

Awful Place to Work For.

I worked at T-Mobile

Pros

My 5 words: This is a awful company.

Cons

Everything you can think of

For the record, I just want to say that T-moble is the worst company and possibly on the planet. Don't ever apply there. You can thank management for that. They have run the store i worked at into the ground. The sales people are great and I enjoyed working with them at least. If you want to work there go ahead but if you do something wrong, they make you write an essay. What are we 12? They don't work with you and they cry when they don't get there way. They also throw little hissy fits every day. Ever heard of feedback? They haven't. Matter of fact, they don't work at all. They would rather sit in the back and play games on there phone all day or watch soap operas. If any store needs to be stripped of the management and bring in new people, thats the store. I could go deeper into this but this is enough of a blast right now. I wish I could still contact HR and talk about how awful the management is in that store. Worst company ever.

Worst place for contractors

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

We I did not see any for contractors

Cons

There is now work organization for contractors
    There is no direction what the business wants but whatever they want they want it immediate

Actions Speak Louder than Words- Denied Maternity Leave Left Me UNInsured.

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not Many, the company is going through continual shifts in culture and leadership which greatly impact the day to day lives of employees. While the culture is sold as laid back and people focused - site directors and managers have no idea how to translate this to their employees, resulting in inconsistent goals and a lack of focus.

Cons

T-Mobile does not stand behind their commitments. HR does not work for their people. I was recruited and hired when I was 6 months pregnant. During the interview process, I made my pregnancy known, and offered to remove myself from candidacy if this would be a problem. I was assured that this was not a problem and was hired. My manager and I spoke at length about how my leave would be covered, and had a plan in place. However, after an emergency c-section- I had to take leave a few weeks earlier than expected. I received notice- via FedEx letter- from HR that my maternity leave was denied, due to lack of medical necessity, and my job was in jeopardy due to my extended non-approved absences My manager did not respond to emails or voicemails. In addition, they informed me that I was deemed ineligible for health insurance, starting the day I took leave. Simply put: T-mobiles decision to deny my maternity leave resulted in thousands of dollars of medical bills leaving me #unemployed and #uninsured.

Stand behind your ideals and commitments. Being the #Uncarrier should not include leaving dedicated employees #uninsured and #unsupported.

A broken IT system

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Can work from home. You will be paid without work also. Just try to create something. It's a paradise if you work as a contractor. No pressure from management.

Cons

IT Process change every year and no real benefits. Working in a cellular company without any discounted phones.

Please look into the areas where money is being spent in IT and how much of it is being wasted. Check how many projects scrapped after spending lot of budget. No proper management as its a outsourced to vendors. Vendors create work as they need money. Try to concentrate into lower level also.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!