T-Mobile

3.6
2,147 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work (in 101 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store (in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas (in 85 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible

Former Employee - Renew and Rewards  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Renew and Rewards in Nashville, TN

Pros

Some of the Supervisors are GREAT!

Cons

One supervisor in particular. She stepped over the line to ask me if I believe in God, and that was none of her business. Went to HR and nothing was done.

Dated but relevant

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Senior Representative  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Senior Representative in Wichita, KS

Pros

Everything was awesome in the beginning. I started at T-Mobile when it was still not quite a major competitor and employees were taken care of, money was great, opportunity for advancement, bonuses all the time. And the happy reps were entitled to assist the customers and make them happy in return.

Cons

Everything went down hill after the announced (but never completed) at&t merger. Staff at most call centers were slashed to half or less within weeks of the announcement. Higher paid reps were given their walking papers the day after the announcement. In truth we should have seen it coming. For months ahead of time reps were being treated like crap and being forced to try to sell on every single call. 70 year old grandparents who text their grandkids on their birthdays didn't need unlimited text.

Go back to the beginning. Start treating reps right again and be the J.D. Power winners you used to be.

Worst experience I've ever had with a Company

Current Employee - Customer Service Coach  in  Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Meridian, ID

Pros

Most of the people are nice. The job isn't that demanding or difficult.

Cons

This is a serious boy's club. They will also say that they believe in work-life balance, but if you aren't putting in at least 60 hours a week, you are "under-performing", even if the rest of the feedback you get is positive. Definitely all lip service.

Get to know the people you hire and who are working for you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awful Place to Work For.

Pros

My 5 words: This is a awful company.

Cons

Everything you can think of

For the record, I just want to say that T-moble is the worst company and possibly on the planet. Don't ever apply there. You can thank management for that. They have run the store i worked at into the ground. The sales people are great and I enjoyed working with them at least. If you want to work there go ahead but if you do something wrong, they make you write an essay. What are we 12? They don't work with you and they cry when they don't get there way. They also throw little hissy fits every day. Ever heard of feedback? They haven't. Matter of fact, they don't work at all. They would rather sit in the back and play games on there phone all day or watch soap operas. If any store needs to be stripped of the management and bring in new people, thats the store. I could go deeper into this but this is enough of a blast right now. I wish I could still contact HR and talk about how awful the management is in that store. Worst company ever.

Worst place for contractors

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Bellevue, WA

Pros

We I did not see any for contractors

Cons

There is now work organization for contractors
    There is no direction what the business wants but whatever they want they want it immediate

Actions Speak Louder than Words- Denied Maternity Leave Left Me UNInsured.

Pros

Not Many, the company is going through continual shifts in culture and leadership which greatly impact the day to day lives of employees. While the culture is sold as laid back and people focused - site directors and managers have no idea how to translate this to their employees, resulting in inconsistent goals and a lack of focus.

Cons

T-Mobile does not stand behind their commitments. HR does not work for their people. I was recruited and hired when I was 6 months pregnant. During the interview process, I made my pregnancy known, and offered to remove myself from candidacy if this would be a problem. I was assured that this was not a problem and was hired. My manager and I spoke at length about how my leave would be covered, and had a plan in place. However, after an emergency c-section- I had to take leave a few weeks earlier than expected. I received notice- via FedEx letter- from HR that my maternity leave was denied, due to lack of medical necessity, and my job was in jeopardy due to my extended non-approved absences My manager did not respond to emails or voicemails. In addition, they informed me that I was deemed ineligible for health insurance, starting the day I took leave. Simply put: T-mobiles decision to deny my maternity leave resulted in thousands of dollars of medical bills leaving me #unemployed and #uninsured.

Stand behind your ideals and commitments. Being the #Uncarrier should not include leaving dedicated employees #uninsured and #unsupported.

A broken IT system

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Can work from home. You will be paid without work also. Just try to create something. It's a paradise if you work as a contractor. No pressure from management.

Cons

IT Process change every year and no real benefits. Working in a cellular company without any discounted phones.

Please look into the areas where money is being spent in IT and how much of it is being wasted. Check how many projects scrapped after spending lot of budget. No proper management as its a outsourced to vendors. Vendors create work as they need money. Try to concentrate into lower level also.

Worked there for 3 years and got a 9 cent raise one time...

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

nothing, do not work there, they dont care about employees, and i worked in 3 diferrent cities

Cons

low pay, no inside promotions, way too much legalilites to make selling very hard, spiffs on products that dont sell, no thank yous for helping interent customers when they come into a retail store. No "good job" or anything because that service didnt pertain to your sales goals...

they cant do anything they are just pawsn of Duestke telekom...they have no authrotiy to change any protocols

It felt like being chewed up and spit out.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Tech Care
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Tech Care

Pros

The benefits were as good as corporate benefits get; Medical, flex accounts, free coffee. The discount on service and employee phone plans were also pretty good.

Cons

The corporate culture was toxic. You were not allowed to be sick, you were not allowed to go home if you were sick. I saw someone throw up at their desk, and then watched as someone came to clean it up, and then the sick employee was made to finish her shift. Management had a get your numbers or get fired mentality. Most managers were not helpful. It felt a little like combat going to work everyday; I don't miss it.

This place is a first class joke where leaders pretend to leaders.

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Pretty good pay and benefits but if you sell something it is hard to keep customers because the service is terrible.

Cons

Sales Management in St Louis is an absolute joke! Most unethical place I have ever worked.

Start over from top down and start building out network. T-Mobile will always be #4 unless you expand network.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!